Next phase of hougoumont (1 Viewer)

Saw this in person today and it is absolutely stunning!

Pictures do not do this justice!

Scott

They are very nice Scott. Next to the large Chateau, is the yet to be released small farm house and East gate and the ones that you saw are the one's allocated to me as soon as John has finished with the show. I will post some photos in a couple of weeks. The farm is slowly coming together. Robin.

Next stage completed by John, namely the farmers residence and East gate. Great additions. Robin.

Attachments

• PB290006.jpg
    PB290006.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 1,263
  • PB290003.jpg
    PB290003.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • PB290007.jpg
    PB290007.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 1,031
Note the East gate is made up of 2 pieces which line up perfectly, except in my diorama they span two card tables underneath which are slightly uneven and therefore throw the gate out a little where they meet. Robin.

Really thrilled yet again with John's excellent work. Robin.

Attachments

• PC010007.jpg
    PC010007.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 1,028
Very excited yet again, just had a note from John to say the entire West side of Hougoumont is on its way to me. So to recap, the farm to date has the entire South side (Gardeners quarters) including garden wall with firing steps, the internal Chateau/ chapel and farmers house plus East gateway and now the entire West wall being Pigsty barn great barn and open shed. Missing to come, is the famous North gate and North/East corner stables, plus internal gate and drawing well/bird loft which will finally complete the whole farm. Cannot say enough about the quality of the workmanship, John is a true master of his craft. Naturally I will post some photos in a couple of weeks. Spending sleepless nights thinking about how to position the new side into my existing permanent layout, this is one large scene around 6 x 4.8 feet. Need to realign my card tables a little to accommodate. Check JG Miniatures site under 1/30 scale pieces to see all the pieces mentioned. John is a great guy to deal with. Robin.

I have received the entire West wall, the Great Barn is big, in fact John was able to pack the second barn inside it, plus that barn had the open shed in it plus the pigsty, so a neat package. Originally thought I had received only the one piece with the others coming later in another box, but discovered they were hidden away within the Great Barn. Doing a toy show K&C display for my mate Howard Woods this weekend, but should be able to set these new pieces into their new home next week and of course will click off some photos for the forum. Very happy with this entire farm to date and only a couple of pieces left now to complete it, as it was in 1815. Thank you so much John, just a wonderful layout to own. Robin.

Wellington inspects Hougoumont's defence 18th June 1815. Robin.
(note North gate is a substitute waiting for JG to be released)

Attachments

• P5190005.jpg
    P5190005.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 725
  • P5190006.jpg
    P5190006.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 709
  • P5190002.jpg
    P5190002.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 785
The JG Chateau as it stands to date, almost complete. Very happy with this. Robin.

Attachments

• P5190010.jpg
    P5190010.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 819
An outstanding display Robin . . . . . Its really huge from so many different aspects . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Wellington inspects Hougoumont's defence 18th June 1815. Robin.
(note North gate is a substitute waiting for JG to be released)

Very nice !

Really like the extras you add to your dioramas...animals, carts, hay...

Thank you for posting.

This is way big, so i am finding difficult to capture in a photo. Did i say how much i treasure these buildings.^&confuse Robin.

Attachments

• P5220008.jpg
    P5220008.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • P5220007.jpg
    P5220007.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 1,566
Have to give major kudos to John for taking on such an ambitious project, the Hougoumont chateau in 54mm/60mm. Can only imagine how much research he did on this, not to mention how labor intensive it was to create this masterpiece. The cost and space issues may be an obstacle for some, but for a true Napoleonic War/Waterloo enthusiast in this scale, it's a must have. It can also be used for other things, but it is just stunning for me to see in it's true role as that iconic structure from the battle.

As I've shown, I have one of these in my 20mm collection and to replicate it, the formal garden and the orchard around it, my display is a whopping 12 feet by 6 feet; to fully represent the orchard, it would require another three feet along the front of it, making it a massive 12 by 9 layout.

If I owned this large scale version, I'd want to have the chateau and I'd do the formal garden too, it would be gigantic, but imagine it loaded with about 1,000 French, British and Nassau troops, a true sight to behold.

Please keep us posted on this Robin as it comes to completion, I can't wait to see it..................

Feel free to post your 20mm dio on this thread Warrior, I remember seeing it previously, it's amazing. I would like to do the formal garden, orchard and wood, but at this scale, for me I do not have the room. I can arrange a token effort along the Eastern wall, but that's it. John's dream of making this, goes back years, to at least 2007, so he must be very proud of his achievement to date. For awhile I was not sure John had plans to finish this, but now we are in the home straight, I am confident the last remaining pieces are going to happen. Robin.

Robin...you must be delighted to have all these buildings together...they seem really versatile and lend to so many series...your pictures are awesome as your collections really compliment the buildings...

John...the buildings are really attractive...you did an excellent job as I'm sure completing this was a monstrous undertaking...

Just a few shots around the farm. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 937
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 835
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 803
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 761
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 834
I just purchased the first two phases and am very very happy with these buildings. my diorama will be with gloss figures mainly trophy with accent figures from little legion, alexanders toy soldiers, britains , a few frontline that I glossed and a 150 man French attack column of soldiers of the world figures that I am painting the bases on to look like trophy.. I just moved back into my house so it will take awhile but I will get pictures out there sometime this year I hope. I ALWAYS DREAMED OF HAVING A HOUGEMOUNT DISPLAY AND THANKS JOHN FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE.

Looking forward to your photos Hawkeye, Gloss figures will enhance the farm. Robin.

While waiting for John to do the last piece of this jigsaw (North gate/North East buildings/well/archway), this is in and around Hougoumont to date, my North side is a fill in, pending new releases hopefully soon. A little more work to do for the East garden Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0406.jpg
    DSCN0406.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 872
  • DSCN0407.jpg
    DSCN0407.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 836
  • DSCN0408.jpg
    DSCN0408.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCN0409.jpg
    DSCN0409.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 653
  • DSCN0410.jpg
    DSCN0410.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 646
Words cannot express how happy i am to be a lucky owner of this wonderful body of work by JG Miniatures. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0411.jpg
    DSCN0411.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCN0412.jpg
    DSCN0412.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 570
  • DSCN0413.jpg
    DSCN0413.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg