Nfl 2012 season!!!! (4 Viewers)

sammy719

Major
Well fellows as much as I have enjoyed this baseball season so far it's time for some Football!!!!!!!!!! pre-season starts next week and it's time for our annual Treefrog playoff picks, I always like to look back on these threads come Feb. and see how right/wrong we were, so let's here your picks.

AFC= Ravens, Pats, Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Jets

NFC= 49'ERS, Eagles, Bears, Giants, Falcons, Saints

the AFC seems to be a easy pick, the NFC not as much, esp. with the Saints and all thier drama, but they still have brees at qb so, and of course I'm picking my Ravens to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game:) maybe this time we can hold on to the ball:mad:, and the 49'ers over Falcons in the NFC Championship game to set up a Harbough brother Superbowl!! Ravens 17= 49'ers 13. (oh how I wish it were that simple):)...Sammy

Re: Nfl 2013 season!!!!

Well fellows as much as I have enjoyed this baseball season so far it's time for some Football!!!!!!!!!! pre-season starts next week and it's time for our annual Treefrog playoff picks, I always like to look back on these threads come Feb. and see how right/wrong we were, so let's here your picks.

the AFC seems to be a easy pick, the NFC not as much, esp. with the Saints and all thier drama, but they still have brees at qb so, and of course I'm picking my Ravens to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game:) maybe this time we can hold on to the ball:mad:, and the 49'ers over Falcons in the NFC Championship game to set up a Harbough brother Superbowl!! Ravens 17= 49'ers 13. (oh how I wish it were that simple):)...Sammy
Call me back in late October, Sammy. The O's and Nats got my attention until then.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Call me back in late October, Sammy. The O's and Nats got my attention until then.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

I'll give you that one Al, but during the 7th inning stretch, let's hear your NFL picks:)...Sammy

Last edited:

Okay, Sammy, I'm game.

AFC= Ravens, Pats, Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Bengals

NFC= 49'ERS, Eagles, Packers, Giants, Falcons, Saints

The NFC East is going to be brutal. I don't see any team going better than 10-6, with a log jam around 8-8/9-7. Assuming Vick stays healthy, the Eagles edge the Giants (both 10-6) on the tie breaker. Out West, assuming their QB didn't just have a fluky good years, the 49ers easily win the Division with a 14-2 or 13-3 record, and the Saints grab the other wild card. Green Bay walks away with the north, and the Falcons, who have no competition in the division, take the South.

In the AFC the Ravens and the Patriots battle it out for the best record at 13-3/12-4, each walking away with their Division. Assuming their defense, QB and RB remain healthy, the Texans walk away with the South. The Broncos, behind their all world QB (single biggest upgrade at a position in the league) walk away with the West, The Bengals, with a year more experienced QB/WR combo, and the Steelers, with an aging defense and QB with a partially torn rotator cuff, manage to grab the wild cards.

I like the 49ers vs. the winner of the Patriots/Ravens in the Superbowl, with the 49ers winning it all.

Okay, Sammy, I'm game.

AFC= Ravens, Pats, Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Bengals

NFC= 49'ERS, Eagles, Packers, Giants, Falcons, Saints

The NFC East is going to be brutal. I don't see any team going better than 10-6, with a log jam around 8-8/9-7. Assuming Vick stays healthy, the Eagles edge the Giants (both 10-6) on the tie breaker. Out West, assuming their QB didn't just have a fluky good years, the 49ers easily win the Division with a 14-2 or 13-3 record, and the Saints grab the other wild card. Green Bay walks away with the north, and the Falcons, who have no competition in the division, take the South.

In the AFC the Ravens and the Patriots battle it out for the best record at 13-3/12-4, each walking away with their Division. Assuming their defense, QB and RB remain healthy, the Texans walk away with the South. The Broncos, behind their all world QB (single biggest upgrade at a position in the league) walk away with the West, The Bengals, with a year more experienced QB/WR combo, and the Steelers, with an aging defense and QB with a partially torn rotator cuff, manage to grab the wild cards.

I like the 49ers vs. the winner of the Patriots/Ravens in the Superbowl, with the 49ers winning it all.

Hey Louis, I really do think your Giants will be there in the end again, not for sure if they can do another Superbowl run but I will not count them out as long as they have Manning at QB, and stay away from all the injuries like last year, going to be a good one for sure...Sammy

Hey Louis, I really do think your Giants will be there in the end again, not for sure if they can do another Superbowl run but I will not count them out as long as they have Manning at QB, and stay away from all the injuries like last year, going to be a good one for sure...Sammy

If the Giants make the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a run to the NFC Championship Game, but I expect the 49ers to beat them in San Francisco this time - can't see the Giants surviving that defense two straight years on the road, plus repeating is very rare. If the 49ers offense is pretty good, they should win it all with that phenomenal defense - they remind me of the 1986 Giants or the 1985 Bears, fantastic defense, and an offense with a good running game and a QB good enough not to blow it. The Ravens also fit that mold.

I must have been doing a Rip Van Winkle. What happened to 2012? {eek3}

My prediction is the Giants will win their division at 6-10, where they will go on another miracle run and go on to beat the 14-2 Ravens in the Super Bowl after they resign David Tyree a day before the Super Bowl after Cruz slips on a banana peel doing the salsa in the hotel lobby and he makes the game winning catch on a 80 yard hail Mary pass from Fran Tarkenton, who is also resigned the day before the Super Bowl after Forrest Gump Manning sprains his brain during an interview.

The Jints earn the distinction of beating a 16-0 team, a 14-2 team and a 13-3 team and also being the first team in NFL history to make and also win the Super Bowl with a losing record and afterward Tom Coughlin will write a book called "How to suck during the regular season but pull miracle after miracle out of my @#$" at which point I totally give up on the NFL and become a WNBA fan...............................................................

Division winners;

AFC
Patriots
Texans
Ravens
Chargers

Wild cards; Steelers, Chiefs

NFC
Eagles
Packers
Falcons
49ers

Wild cards; Giants, Lions

AFCCG Patriots/Texans
NFCCG 49ers/Eagles

Super Bowl Patriots/49ers

Winner Patriots

I must have been doing a Rip Van Winkle. What happened to 2012? {eek3}

Sammy got ahead of himself a bit...I brought him back to 2012!

Up here in Vikingland we entered the last few seasons with great hope, with a veteran team that we thought was close to being great. The veterans turned into old men...and we've been terrible. I don't see us improving much. We have an unproven quarterback in Ponder...an injured running back in Peterson...and a defense that couldn't stop the sisters of the poor last year. I'm shooting for 4 wins.

The Saints will either be really good...or terrible. We'll have to see if they pull together in the midst of all this or whether they fall apart. Could go either way.

I'd watch out for the Packers.

I'm partial, going with my favorite team the Giants. I also look for the Bears to give the Packers a run in their division.

Up here in Vikingland we entered the last few seasons with great hope, with a veteran team that we thought was close to being great. The veterans turned into old men...and we've been terrible. I don't see us improving much. We have an unproven quarterback in Ponder...an injured running back in Peterson...and a defense that couldn't stop the sisters of the poor last year. I'm shooting for 4 wins.

The Saints will either be really good...or terrible. We'll have to see if they pull together in the midst of all this or whether they fall apart. Could go either way.

A shame really what's happening with the Vikings, hate to see them fall that far after getting so close to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

As far as the Packers; if they stay away from an undefeated season, they should be ok. Not sure what happens to teams that get close to going 16-0, but too many 15-1 and 14-2 teams get knocked out in the first round, not to mention 16-0 teams losing in the Super Bowl..............just win more than you lose, make the playoffs and go from there..................

I just figured we would win it all in 2012 so let's just skip a year!:) hang it there Pete, if there is one thing for sure in the NFL that any team can rise to the top the following year, worst to first seems to be a running trend every year now with a team or two so don't throw in that towel yet anything can happen...Sammy

Well the first big slate of Pre-season games start tonite, it's been along time since that fateful game in New England for my Ravens and it's time to turn the page and start a new season, even if it's pre-season I'm still excited:)...Sammy

What on earth kinda of prediction is this? Where are my Detroit Lions????? ^&grin The NFC North should field 3 good teams this year it should be a slug fest.

Well not sure what you guys are talking about, but the Vikings havent been good since Warren Moon played there.

Speaking as a Broncos fan, it will be nice to see some completed passes this year. I would agree with most, the AFC should be somewhat predictable this year while the NFC is a crap shoot.

Broncos, Texans, Steelers and Pats in the AFC

Gmen, Falcons, Lions and 49ers in NFC.

There are always at least 2 teams that do better than anyone expected. I'm going way out on a limb here and stating that those two teams will be the Panthers and Rams.

Keep it silly

Well the first big slate of Pre-season games start tonite, it's been along time since that fateful game in New England for my Ravens and it's time to turn the page and start a new season, even if it's pre-season I'm still excited:)...Sammy

Good luck with that Sammy {sm4} I was excited for Australia in the Olympics.......didn't work out so well....now have to wait for the Commonwealth Games when those Brit guys have to split into Four countries {sm0} :)

As for the upcoming NFL season, I'm still a Green Bay Packers fan.....anything Green has got to be good :wink2: ^&grin

Caught the second episode of hard knocks last night, this year they are with the Dolphins, watched it specifically to see the Johnson footage after his incident with his wife.

They actually showed the meeting where Philbin cut Johnson, pretty compelling stuff.

HBO must have been thrilled when Miami signed Johnson, not sure how they feel now.

Joe Philbin; is this guy seriously an NFL head coach, he reminds me of some goofball gym teacher in the 8th grade or better yet, he looks more suited to be an accountant, he's like dry white toast on that show.

Amazing that Miami has been so bad for so long; in a totally watered down league where mediocre 9-7 teams are winning Super Bowls, they've had one playoff appearance in the past ten years.

Just awful, can't see them finishing anywhere but last in the AFC East.

The Patriots announced the signing of Jeff Demps today, a running back out of the University of Florida.

He was a silver medalist in the US 4 by 100 relay team and he's got 4.29 speed in the 40.

Google his 84 yard TD run vs Kentucky as an example of his speed.

If I were the Patriots, I'd run wheel routes and screens with him; imagine him in the backfield with Lloyd on one side, Welker on the other, Hernandez flexed to one side and Gronkowski in the slot.

How are you going to defend that?

Answer; you're not.

The Jets were in on this one too, but lost out to the Patriots.

The slogan for the 2012 New England Patriots; WE'RE ALL IN THIS YEAR.

Caught some of the Redskin v Bears game (in between innings of the Nats and O's games) and was not real impressed by the 'skins defense. Got pushed around. The backup qb did ok against the Bears second half defense, but on the whole, the 'skins still appear to have a lot of problems, RGIII not withstanding. With RGIII in learning mode this season, I don't expect too much. -- Al

Saw the Jets Giants game on the way out to California last night. Man, do they look bad. The right tackle, Wayne Hunter, looks worse than ever It's going to be a long season. The best thing that could happen is if they lose every game and get the numer 1 draft pick. My son calls it "suck for Barkley."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back