Nfl 2012 season!!!! (6 Viewers)

Don't worry Brad there's a whole lot of suckage going on for my Ravens as well:mad: 2 weeks in a row the secondary has been torched for big yards and scores, it maybe only pre-season and working out new plays/sets/players but I don't like it one bit, hoping this weeks game with most of the starters going 3 quarters will bring my heart rate back to normal, if the secondary gets burned again I see troubled water ahead...Sammy

Steelers first team O looks decent. First Team D needs work. Injuries are always an issue for us. I think we have a slow start and get rolling as guys come back. If things bounce the right way, we are in the hunt again. if not, rebuilding year........................

The Jets offense looked awful last night. Hopefully that is not the way they intend to use Tebow in the regular season.

Caught some of the Redskin v Bears game (in between innings of the Nats and O's games) and was not real impressed by the 'skins defense. Got pushed around. The backup qb did ok against the Bears second half defense, but on the whole, the 'skins still appear to have a lot of problems, RGIII not withstanding. With RGIII in learning mode this season, I don't expect too much. -- Al
Looked a lot better on the O side against the Colts on Saturday. Still got secondary problems. -- Al

The Jets offense looked awful last night. Hopefully that is not the way they intend to use Tebow in the regular season.

Jets fans complained for three years that their OC was terrible and had to go; they finally got their wish and a new one was brought in this year, the same guy who came up with that rinky dink Wildcat high school offense that worked for a while with the Dolphins until teams figured it out, then they brought in Teebow to run the wildcat.

So far this preseason, the Jets have scored zero touchdowns.

So what's the excuse going to be now.

But that said, they'll probably score 7 touchdowns in the opener vs the Bills, the preseason really means nothing at the end of the day...........

Jets fans complained for three years that their OC was terrible and had to go; they finally got their wish and a new one was brought in this year, the same guy who came up with that rinky dink Wildcat high school offense that worked for a while with the Dolphins until teams figured it out, then they brought in Teebow to run the wildcat.

So far this preseason, the Jets have scored zero touchdowns.

So what's the excuse going to be now.

But that said, they'll probably score 7 touchdowns in the opener vs the Bills, the preseason really means nothing at the end of the day...........

Because Sanchez took the Jets to the AFC championship game his first two years, I think people forget that he only started one year of college ball at USC. The guy is still very young, but the expectations are high because of the success that he had out of the gate. He might still mature into a really great one. Tebow is a frightening sight as a traditional pocket QB. His late throws into triple coverage were a classic example of why he should be running a wildcat offense and only on short yardage. He can make plays on the scramble but doesn't have the skills to be the starting QB for a team with championship expectations. He could definitely make life tough for D's in a limited role being using the right way. But that wasn't happening last night. The commentators implied that might have been by design to hide what they actually intend to do with him. Hopefully they are right for the sake of Jet fans. There shouldn't be any QB controversy, though, on who starts and plays most downs. That has to be Sanchez unless they hit rock bottom.

Finally the real season begins this week!!!!!!!!!!! some great games to start with,

1. Ravens over Bengals, being in Baltimore for opening Monday nite football should get the gang fired up even more.
2. taking the Giants over the Cowboys, until Romo can win against strong teams they will be a middle of the road team all year.
3. taking the evil Steelers to ruin Payton Manning return, I think Pitt blows out Denver big time.
4. the Saints will welcome RGIII to the NFL with a butt whipping.

Can't wait until kickoff!!!...Sammy

Finally, the season kicks off tonight, and with Giants vs. Cowboys, a tough NFC East rivalry. I can't wait!{sm4}

Finally, the season kicks off tonight, and with Giants vs. Cowboys, a tough NFC East rivalry. I can't wait!{sm4}

Louis, I would bet you are a Giants fan ! Hey..... Eli and the Giants definately have talent. You could probably guess who I am routing for :rolleyes2:

Thanks for the heads up/warning, time to reorganize my sock drawer, then sort out my receipts for the year, then go to a nice life insurance seminar......................

Thanks for the heads up/warning, time to reorganize my sock drawer, then sort out my receipts for the year, then go to a nice life insurance seminar......................

Or you could watch a Red Sox game ^&grin

Or you could watch a Red Sox game ^&grin

I waited until all the pregame crap was over, then I turned on the game; first pass by Eli down the sideline and what does Michaels say "Wow, doesn't THAT look familiar!!".......................considering the pass was a mile overthrown, no Al, it looked nothing like the pass down the sideline to Manningham in the Super Bowl you tool.

Ok, off of football, on to MLB network to Rays/Yankees and what do I see; the corpse of Russell Martin hit a meatball nine miles, his third RBI of the game, Yankees lead, 4-3.

If I hurry, I can make that insurance seminar..........................

Well, RG III would seem to be the real thing, if one can say that after one game. Took the Skins into Orleans and beat the Saints in convincing fashion, 40-32. Even though the victory margin was only 8 points, the Skins totally outplayed the Saints, outgaining them by over 100 yards; time of posession was 2:1 in the Skins favor; Turnovers, NO 3, Skins 0. RG III was 19-26 for 320 yards and 2 Td's. If the Saints hadn't blocked a punt for a TD right before the half or scored 2 Td's on 4th down passes this game would have been a rout. I wonder how long this euphoria will last?:rolleyes2::wink2:^&grin -- Al

I don't know what the bigger shock was: Skins winning in New Orleans or Jets scoring points! {eek3}

I just got home from work a little while ago and was shocked to see the Skins beat the Saints:) also looks like the Jets fixed thier touchdown problems as well, and glad to see my Cards hold off the Seahawks in a tight game, now waiting for my Ravens to play the Bengals tommorow nite and hoping for a win in Baltimore to start the season off right...Sammy

To me, the most interesting game was 49ers at Greenbay. The 49ers beat them by 8, but it wasn't really that close. The replacement refs blew an illegal block in the back call, allowing a 74 yard punt return touchdown for Greenbay, or they would have lost by 15 points. For the 49ers defense to so thoroughly dominate the Packers at home, leads me to think (obviously assuming no injuries, I know it is too early to really pick it) they are the class of the NFC this year. The Patriots improved defense leads me to place them at the head of the AFC class after week one. That would make for one heckuva superbowl: Tom Brady and the super tight end offense versus the best defense in recent memory. I'd sign on to watch that match up right now.

I know what the bigger shock was: the Jets scoring points! {eek3}

Fixed if for you.

Have to give old sexy Rexy credit; he told the Jets offense to stink out the joint all preseason long to throw everyone off and then WHAM!!, once the season starts I'll take the blinders off of you guys and you can put 48 up on the powerhouse Bills and their vaunted swiss cheese secondary...................what a brilliant, brilliant coach old Rexy is.......................

To me, the most interesting game was 49ers at Greenbay. The 49ers beat them by 8, but it wasn't really that close. The replacement refs blew an illegal block in the back call, allowing a 74 yard punt return touchdown for Greenbay, or they would have lost by 15 points. For the 49ers defense to so thoroughly dominate the Packers at home, leads me to think (obviously assuming no injuries, I know it is too early to really pick it) they are the class of the NFC this year. The Patriots improved defense leads me to place them at the head of the AFC class after week one. That would make for one heckuva superbowl: Tom Brady and the super tight end offense versus the best defense in recent memory. I'd sign on to watch that match up right now.

I was traveling back from Virginia yesterday as I attended a show down there on Saturday and din't see the Patriots game live, watched it last night via DVR.

Their defense is SO much faster than last years was, they've got three rookies starting and a couple of second year guys in the mix, mostly all of their starters are SEC players, which explains how fast they are.

Run defense looked superb all game long. Offense looked great as well, running the ball much more than in the past, Ridley looks very good. Brady has a number of targets go to; primary is Lloyd, then check down to Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.

Wow is all I can say.

BB is not fooling around this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back