Nfl 2012 season!!!! (2 Viewers)

Was very impressed by Flacco last night in Baltimore's victory over Cinncy. Looked to me like Flacco and Baltimore did whatever they wanted to, when they wanted to. Once they got pressed, at 17-13, they put the pedal down and ran away from Cinncy. Looks to be another strong team in Baltimore.^&cool -- Al

Had a chance to see the SC-Syracuse game from Met Life Stadium this weekend (home of the Giants and Jets). A nice place. The club seats are great but I bet they cost a fortune for the NFL games. Also a nice place to pass the time during a tornado delay.

Had a chance to see the SC-Syracuse game from Met Life Stadium this weekend (home of the Giants and Jets). A nice place. The club seats are great but I bet they cost a fortune for the NFL games. Also a nice place to pass the time during a tornado delay.

I've been to Met Life about four times for Jets games and I really don't like the place. I don't they did a great job. Parking is a pain in the butt. If you don't have a parking pass you are screwed. I learnt my lesson after the first time.

By club, do you mean skyboxes or field boxes. We've paid around $120 a ticket for about 20 rows up. Seats are good, that's about it.

Comments on the Steelers - you can control the game all you want, but if you continually kick field goals instead of punching in touchdowns, a guy like Peyton Manning will beat you. Also, why can we not defend the no huddle??? And, finally, *** was Big Ben thinking with that pass on the potential game winning drive................he wasn't obviously. Injuries are the death of us yet again. Congrats to Peyton, he looked pretty good mostly.

Comments on Ravens - they played a very fine game and I believe exposed Cinncy as an overrated week 1 football team. Not to say Cinncy won't get better, but way overrated at this point. Not sure Baltimore broke much of a sweat on this one.

TD

Was very impressed by Flacco last night in Baltimore's victory over Cinncy. Looked to me like Flacco and Baltimore did whatever they wanted to, when they wanted to. Once they got pressed, at 17-13, they put the pedal down and ran away from Cinncy. Looks to be another strong team in Baltimore.^&cool -- Al

The Ravens D really stepped it up in 2nd half. THe offense may have to play better than the D this yr. Flacco looked great. Chris

I would bet the AFC Championship Game will be Ravens vs. Patriots, and the NFC Championship Game will be 49ers vs. whichever NFC team gets hot down the stretch. I expect at least 3 of the final four teams to have stout defenses, reversing the recent trend of elite QB/adequate defense winning championships.

My God the media is so full of crap, after ONLY 1 week of play the packers are washed up?? the Giants fall from elite status (whatever that means) to middle of the pack?? and the Ravens and the Falcons can do no wrong?? please give me a break, this time next week we'll have a whole new slew of Superbowl picks!! it's a looooooong season with twists and turns throughout, but the bandwagons sure get heavier or lighter after 1 week...Sammy

My God the media is so full of crap, after ONLY 1 week of play the packers are washed up?? the Giants fall from elite status (whatever that means) to middle of the pack?? and the Ravens and the Falcons can do no wrong?? please give me a break, this time next week we'll have a whole new slew of Superbowl picks!! it's a looooooong season with twists and turns throughout, but the bandwagons sure get heavier or lighter after 1 week...Sammy

Hi Sammy, Giants didn't wow anyone during regular season but got hot during the playoffs. Gotta give the football gurus some leeway after the long summer without football to talk about. :smile2: Looking fwd to the Denver - Atlanta game next week. And a 6:30 kick off. I can watch a game before bed time! ^&cool Chris

I hope the NFL settles with it's officials soon. The 3 games I watched today had terrible officiating. Ranged from outright bad calls to missed calls, to not knowing the correct rules, and all but losing control of the Washington v St. Louis game. Jeez, what a waste of effort for these teams, to work so hard and have to put up with inferior officials. The NFL needs to get it's act together. -- Al

I hope the NFL settles with it's officials soon. The 3 games I watched today had terrible officiating. Ranged from outright bad calls to missed calls, to not knowing the correct rules, and all but losing control of the Washington v St. Louis game. Jeez, what a waste of effort for these teams, to work so hard and have to put up with inferior officials. The NFL needs to get it's act together. -- Al

Agree 1000% Al, my Ravens lost fair and square both Ravens/Eagles both looked terrible throughout the game, but the b.s. offensive interference call on the Ravens ^&confuse^&confuse:mad::mad: are you joking? he barely even put his hands out, costs us a late touchdown that would have been a 2 possession game:mad::mad:, sorry but these Refs are going to costs more teams wins/losses if they don't bring the real refs back...Sammy

Too bad the The Three Stooges are all dead as they could have fired off a great short playing replacement refs, would have been an academy award winner, the material from the Patriots/Cardinals and Jets/Steelers games alone would have done the trick.

Someone needs to tell these boobs it is literally possible to call a penalty on every play, but it doesn't mean you have to and sorry to report, THEY are not the show, the game is the thing.

They constantly ruin the flow of the game with their buffoonery and it's only been two weeks, they are getting worse not better.

The fans are going to storm the NFL offices with torches and pitchforks if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Just incredible; billion dollar league/ .10 cent officials..............

Agree 1000% Al, my Ravens lost fair and square both Ravens/Eagles both looked terrible throughout the game, but the b.s. offensive interference call on the Ravens ^&confuse^&confuse:mad::mad: are you joking? he barely even put his hands out, costs us a late touchdown that would have been a 2 possession game:mad::mad:, sorry but these Refs are going to costs more teams wins/losses if they don't bring the real refs back...Sammy
Sammy, that is one of the many calls that I was referring to. It was a horrible call. In the Redskins game, the refs spent half their time trying to figure out where the ball belonged after each play. It was awful to watch, and boring, as it totally disrupted any kind of game flow. -- Al

I would bet the AFC Championship Game will be Ravens vs. Patriots.....

Might want to rethink that one.

The Patriots laid an egg vs the Cardinals today, got lucky recovering a late fumble, then had a touchdown called back for holding (and it was holding despite all the crying going on here in Boston, Gronkowski grabbed the guy and spun him around), then the place kicker pulled a Kundiff and shanked a 42 yard game winning field goal.

Not only that, one of their best players, Hernandez, has a high ankle sprain, could be out anywhere from two weeks to two months to the whole season if he needs surgery and Wes Welker, Brady's main go to guy the past 5 or so years, seems to be in the doghouse and may be on the way out of town.

All of this is ironic in that while the offense is sputtering, their defense is playing great, the infusion of young players has given the defense a new life, they were all over the field today, the Cardinals scored 3 points off of an INT and a touchdown thanks to a blocked punt, Chandler Jones played out of his mind today as did all three linebackers.

So the offense is in the outhouse and the defense is in the penthouse.

The NFL truly is a week to week proposition.

The Patriots laid an egg vs the Cardinals today, got lucky recovering a late fumble, then had a touchdown called back for holding (and it was holding despite all the crying going on here in Boston, Gronkowski grabbed the guy and spun him around), then the place kicker pulled a Kundiff and shanked a 42 yard game winning field goal.

Not only that, one of their best players, Hernandez, has a high ankle sprain, could be out anywhere from two weeks to two months to the whole season if he needs surgery and Wes Welker, Brady's main go to guy the past 5 or so years, seems to be in the doghouse and may be on the way out of town.

All of this is ironic in that while the offense is sputtering, their defense is playing great, the infusion of young players has given the defense a new life, they were all over the field today, the Cardinals scored 3 points off of an INT and a touchdown thanks to a blocked punt, Chandler Jones played out of his mind today as did all three linebackers.

I'm with you on this one George, don't see a Raven/Pat playoff game at this point!! my Ravens played a decent first half but since the Eagles gave them 3 turnovers early we could have been blown out in the first half:mad: penalties/turnovers/ almost 500 yards of offense for the Eagles??? wow, the refs killed us by blowing a TD for Flacco but so it goes, when you play that lousy don't exspect the refs to win it for ya.

Pats vs. Ravens next Sunday nite in Baltimore, I hope the Ravens of week 1 show up...Sammy

I know defense is a poor second cousin in the NFL, and has been on life support for several years, but this season it really seems to be dead and buried. Lots of points being scored. In the 14 games that are finished for this week (not couting the 49ers-Lions or the Monday game), there have been 671 total points scored, an average of 48 per game. No idea about points records, but that is a lot of points per game. Am I the only one who would like to see a return to the power sweep or the cross-buck? I like passing just fine, but 400 to 500 yard games week in and week out is just not football as I would like to see it. Guess I'm just an old grump...:tongue: -- Al

I'm with you on this one George, don't see a Raven/Pat playoff game at this point!! my Ravens played a decent first half but since the Eagles gave them 3 turnovers early we could have been blown out in the first half:mad: penalties/turnovers/ almost 500 yards of offense for the Eagles??? wow, the refs killed us by blowing a TD for Flacco but so it goes, when you play that lousy don't exspect the refs to win it for ya.

Pats vs. Ravens next Sunday nite in Baltimore, I hope the Ravens of week 1 show up...Sammy

Whoever loses next Sunday night is in a bit of trouble, 1-2 after 3 games.

I'd put my money on Baltimore if I was a gambler, which I am not, never have been, never will be.

Brady looked like a deer in headlights out there today, ducking and dodging pressure that wasn't even there, the offensive line is not protecting him very well either at this point.

We'll see what happens, but it does not look good for New England, there is panic in the streets here, glad I am heading out of town for a week.....................

George, I am not backing off the Patriots/Ravens prediction. So they both laid an egg this week. Big deal. The Giants lost four in a row last year, then barely beat the Cowboys, then laid an egg against the Red Skins, but went on a tear and won the Superbowl. Why? Because they had a quality quarterback (who is no where near as good as Brady), two good receivers (Nicks and Cruz) and one good tightend (Your Patriots have Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez, I'd call that a wash), and a defense that got healthy and played well down the stretch. Your defense is worlds better than it was last year, and, if your O laid an egg today, I expect they will be just fine.

Same with the Ravens, they played like crap against a very talented Eagles team (which also looked pretty bad) and only lost by one point. Only the Texans and maybe the Broncos have any chance of knocking off the Patriots or Ravens in the AFC playoffs, and I think Brady and the Ravens D will get by them.

George
The last time the cardinals beat the Pats was 1991
this is the first time the Pats get beat on opening day
in their new stadium
Nothiong was going right for Brady and the boys today

George
The last time the cardinals beat the Pats was 1991
this is the first time the Pats get beat on opening day
in their new stadium
Nothiong was going right for Brady and the boys today

Agreed; offensively, nothing went right, once Hernandez went out of the game, their offense was pathetic.

Special teams let them down too, a blocked punt set up first and goal at the 2, the Cardinals scored on 3rd down.

Despite all of that, the defense gave them a shot, forcing a fumble but the offense couldn't get out of it's own way, two penalties then a missed FG.

They didn't deserve to win the game and were lucky to have a shot to do so..................................

The Redskins and RG3 are scoring points, 69 in 2 games, but the defense is giving up almost as many, 63 in those games. Doesn't take a genius to see a big improvement is needed on the defensive side. The defense has also given up 810 yards in those 2 games. The special teams need big improvement too. This is going to be a long season if the defense doesn't buck up. RG3 is fun to watch, though. --Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back