Nfl season 2017-2018 (2 Viewers)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
Time to start a new thread! I for one am going through football withdrawal ALREADY!
Never too early to start talking about trades, FA and draft rumors!

All I know, for sure, at this point....Tony Romo is going to make ALOT of money this year! and my (and George's Pats) are currently Vegas favorites to win again! {sm4}

My team, the Giants, needs to keep what they have on defense, and spend the 40 Million plus of cap space they have on two quality starting offensive tackles (moving Flowers to right guard), a quality tight end, and a quality running back. Then they need to draft (1) a pass rushing defensive end;(2) another wide receiver and (3) one more safety. If they pull off all of the above (in my dreams), coming off an 11-5 season they should be a real contender next season.

My team, the Giants, needs to keep what they have on defense, and spend the 40 Million plus of cap space they have on two quality starting offensive tackles (moving Flowers to right guard), a quality tight end, and a quality running back. Then they need to draft (1) a pass rushing defensive end;(2) another wide receiver and (3) one more safety. If they pull off all of the above (in my dreams), coming off an 11-5 season they should be a real contender next season.

Jennings; gone.

Cruz; gone.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Aldon Smith is in the news again, this time he is being mentioned in a police report involving domestic violence. Even if it is not substantiated it does not look good for him.

Not to be too sarcastic, but it is a good thing that Harbaugh and the Niners gave him five chances and the Raiders want to give him a few more. He seems like he has learned his lesson.

The NFL off-season police blotter continues. Darrelle Revis is facing multiple charges, including robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault following an incident in Pittsburgh.

The NFL off-season police blotter continues. Darrelle Revis is facing multiple charges, including robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault following an incident in Pittsburgh.

Looks like he'll soon be going from "Revis Island" to Rikers Island"...........................man has this guy crashed and burned. A few years ago, he was the most feared cornerback in the NFL, QB's didn't even think of looking to his side of the field.

Now he's a washed up NFL player who's going to get cut from what I've heard.

These guys have such a short window in which to make their money...........................and where was Joey Porter during all of this, he's got to be involved somehow..........................

I think the Jets were planning to cut him before this all happened. This probably clinches it.

The meme won't die for a looooonnggg time. Still funny.

IMG_0907.JPG

It looks like I will be able to watch the 49ers again in 2017-18 with Kaepernick opting out of his contract.

I did read that Cappy has now changed his tune on standing for the Anthem :rolleyes2:

Funny how that changed now that eh needs to sign with a new team? Word from the Bay Area has Seattle as the front-runner to sign him.

It is looking more and more like Romo is headed to Denver.

I read those Elway/Denver rumor mills today...maybe so...

but I still think Houston will pick him up...hopefully in some type of trade...I don't think Jerry will cut him without Romo having something qued up...

Jones is giving him some leeway/input in the trade...Denver is cold...Mile high Stadium is an open stadium...Romo prefers closed stadium...Houston is 3 hours from Dallas...his home...

both teams are needy and one of their key pieces would be an accurate QB...

I hope Houston...I think he would thrive there...should hear something definite this week...

I read those Elway/Denver rumor mills today...maybe so...

but I still think Houston will pick him up...hopefully in some type of trade...I don't think Jerry will cut him without Romo having something qued up...

Jones is giving him some leeway/input in the trade...Denver is cold...Mile high Stadium is an open stadium...Romo prefers closed stadium...Houston is 3 hours from Dallas...his home...

both teams are needy and one of their key pieces would be an accurate QB...

I hope Houston...I think he would thrive there...should hear something definite this week...

I saw that if they trade him whoever gets him is on the hook for a $24.7 mil dollar cap hit which would be the largest in the NFL next season. If he is released then a team can negotiate his salary and work the number into their cap.

ESPN sources say the Cowboys are flat our releasing him Thursday...I hope Houston makes a serious bid...I'll definitely follow what's left of his career...

huge news for Dallas Cowboy's fans...

Cowboy websites are filled with stories of a trade now...instead of just releasing him...

meaning they might get something for him and or help with this years cap...

details are not clear but the Cowboys now believe they have a trade that will work for Romo and the team, sources said...

hope he gows to Houston...but I'm thinking Denver...

huge news for Dallas Cowboy's fans...

Cowboy websites are filled with stories of a trade now...instead of just releasing him...

meaning they might get something for him and or help with this years cap...

details are not clear but the Cowboys now believe they have a trade that will work for Romo and the team, sources said...

hope he gows to Houston...but I'm thinking Denver...

Mike,

Houston just traded Osweiler to the Browns, so you may get your wish.

Mike,

Houston just traded Osweiler to the Browns, so you may get your wish.

I saw that...
pretty bizzare trade huh...
I also read the Browns may cut him??????
they were in it for the picks...

Houston...
that should free up some money if they want him...

Romo has his 3rd child on the way...
he has roots in Dallas...
Houston is really so close that I feel it's his personal choice...

I know he's not popular on this forum...
but I think he could really help that franchise...

they are so good already...
they just need someone to control the ball and the game...
their defense can take over a game...
they just need to...

it would be kind of ironic but satisfying to me in a way...
as a lot of my friends are Texans fans...
and they hate the Cowboys...
I have heard all of them say at least a 100 times...
the Cowboy's biggest problem is Romo...
how much he sucks...
for them to have to root for him if Houston picked him up...
I could laugh at that...
yea...I could really laugh at that...^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back