Nfl season 2017-2018 (3 Viewers)

I couldn't agree more. Check out the horrific video online. With a punch like that, I am surprised she didn't suffer more that 5 facial fractures

I am a big believer of second chances ... but there are a few categories of offences that are beyond the line.
If the NFL really wants to be visible and promote its policy of "ZERO TOLERANCE" for crimes against women, here is a wonderful opportunity.

Sadly, there will be some (owners // teams) that will think only about the "W"s in the standings.
But, I am proud to say that Kraft, Belichick and the Patriots along with the Dolphins will not be one of those.

--- LaRRy

Larry:

Great post that sums up my sentiments.

Kraft and Ross (the owner of the Dolphins) are setting a standard that I can only hope that others follow.

-Jason

Jones finally did the right thing in letting Romo go...
don't like the way he handled it...
but I'm the last guy the Cowboys consult in these matters...

would like to see Houston make him an offer now...

Jones finally did the right thing in letting Romo go...
don't like the way he handled it...
but I'm the last guy the Cowboys consult in these matters...

would like to see Houston make him an offer now...

I read that Romo retired and is headed to the broadcast booth??

I read that Romo retired and is headed to the broadcast booth??

Sammy...

I don't think in the actaul verbiage that he used the word "retire"...
it was something like...
"he's stepping away"...
somethig that left the door open for him to return if courted...

and I don't think he has signed any agreement/contract as a booth commentator...

one things for sure...
both ESPN and the NFL Network have beaten this story into the dirt...

Sammy...

they just showed Romo in a CBS blue jacket...
so I guess he is gone...

unless somebody makes him a really good offer to suit up...^&grin

he's doing an interview on NFL Network in an hour or so...

I think this is a bigger story because of the Broncos and Texans. They both feel like they are a QB away from going to the Super Bowl and Houston even appears to have made some moves in the hopes of getting him. The Texans now have Tom Savage at number 1 on their QB depth chart while the Broncos will have Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch fighting for the starting job.

One thing I did not know is that Romo retires as the Cowboys all time leader in passing yards.

Tony Romo: "Do I envision coming back to football? Absolutely not."

well...maybe it's over...

The one getting hosed here is Phil Simms, who appears to be out at CBS. A lot of NY fans are up in arms about how he's apparently being treated.

The one getting hosed here is Phil Simms, who appears to be out at CBS. A lot of NY fans are up in arms about how he's apparently being treated.

Simms is one of the better color commentators out there. I hope someone else hires him.

I think this is a bigger story because of the Broncos and Texans. They both feel like they are a QB away from going to the Super Bowl and Houston even appears to have made some moves in the hopes of getting him. The Texans now have Tom Savage at number 1 on their QB depth chart while the Broncos will have Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch fighting for the starting job.

One thing I did not know is that Romo retires as the Cowboys all time leader in passing yards.
I'm pretty sure Brett Favre is available.:wink2: -- Al

I couldn't agree more. Check out the horrific video online. With a punch like that, I am surprised she didn't suffer more that 5 facial fractures

I am a big believer of second chances ... but there are a few categories of offences that are beyond the line.
If the NFL really wants to be visible and promote its policy of "ZERO TOLERANCE" for crimes against women, here is a wonderful opportunity.

Sadly, there will be some (owners // teams) that will think only about the "W"s in the standings.
But, I am proud to say that Kraft, Belichick and the Patriots along with the Dolphins will not be one of those.

--- LaRRy

That's nice of Kraft to be all high and mighty about Mixon, a kid he knows very little about; look, just don't draft the kid, you don't have to nail yourself to a cross over it.

This from the same team that just brought that POS Adrian Peterson in for a visit, a guy who among other things beat his kid with a switch and stuck leaves in his mouth, but hey, he told the kid he was sorry, not to mention a team that drafted Christian Peter who cold cocked a girl in a bar, or a team that drafted Hernandez, who committed three murders and counting.......................

Kraft needs to dial it down, the less he says the better.

That's nice of Kraft to be all high and mighty about Mixon, a kid he knows very little about; look, just don't draft the kid, you don't have to nail yourself to a cross over it.

This from the same team that just brought that POS Adrian Peterson in for a visit, a guy who among other things beat his kid with a switch and stuck leaves in his mouth, but hey, he told the kid he was sorry, not to mention a team that drafted Christian Peter who cold cocked a girl in a bar, or a team that drafted Hernandez, who committed three murders and counting.......................

Kraft needs to dial it down, the less he says the better.

George!!!!!!!!!! so good to have you posting again mate, agree with your statement, if your going to stand on that soap box better plan on doing on all accounts.

P.S. don't forget about our baseball thread...O's/Sox tied for first ^&grin

George!!!!!!!!!! so good to have you posting again mate, agree with your statement, if your going to stand on that soap box better plan on doing on all accounts.

P.S. don't forget about our baseball thread...O's/Sox tied for first ^&grin

I am with Sammy on this one. Whether I agree or disagree, the fact that George is posting again is enough for me to "like" the post.

I am with Sammy on this one. Whether I agree or disagree, the fact that George is posting again is enough for me to "like" the post.

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it.

I guess my point is Kraft should have said nothing, just take him off your draft board and that's it.

Him coming out with that statement and then the team bringing Peterson in is a bad look.

I don't see how as an owner you can defend the move after you said what you said.

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it.

I guess my point is Kraft should have said nothing, just take him off your draft board and that's it.

Him coming out with that statement and then the team bringing Peterson in is a bad look.

I don't see how as an owner you can defend the move after you said what you said.

George:

Good point. Bringing in Peterson does make the whole thing about Mixon seem very hypocritical.

-Jason

I wonder if bringing Peterson in was to send a signal to Blount. All of a sudden the news is that the pats and Blount want to find common ground. Basically to tell him lower your price and you stay, if not there are other options out there.

I wonder if bringing Peterson in was to send a signal to Blount. All of a sudden the news is that the pats and Blount want to find common ground. Basically to tell him lower your price and you stay, if not there are other options out there.

I'd take Blount 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over Peterson.

Signing Gillmore sent a message to Butler, that's for sure; you won't take our offer? Ok, we'll sign someone else.

Sign the tender and you can stay a year for about 4 million, or we'll trade you to the Saints, then either bring in Revis or Sherman.

And people wonder why this team has won 14 division titles, been to 10 AFCCG's and 7 Super Bowls in the past 16 years; around here, the tail does not wag the dog.

Either shape up or we'll ship you out.

The only team in the AFC that I see giving the Patriots a run for their money this year is the Raiders; they are loaded and if they get Lynch somehow, look out.

Before I go throwing stones at other teams, I want to see what the Niners do about the arrest of their cornerback Tramaine Brock who was taken into custody and charged with felony domestic violence on Thursday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back