NHL playoffs!!!! (1 Viewer)

Yeah Timmy! ^&grin Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :smile2:

The Cup will be coming to Flint Michigan this Summer.

He stood on his head for seven games and carried this team to the Stanley Cup, not bad for a guy who didn't make the NHL until he was 31.

They should put a statue of him next to the Orr statue making that save vs Tampa with his stick, that was just off the charts.........

I guess this does make Boston Titletown. That was a long time between cups. I am a Diehard Bruins Fan, as much as I wanted them to win, I really did not think they were going to do it. I was happy they beat the Canadians, glad they got payback on Philly with the sweep. When they shutout Tampa in game 7, and I seen the way Tim Thomas was playing, it started to become a reality. Then when Vancouver beat San Jose, I knew we had the best chance. I was not even down after the first two loses in Vancouver, but the Horton hit just set them off. This is great for Orr, now a whole new generation of hockey fans will have these guys as heros. Gary, I'm glad our teams made that trade, Wideman got us Horton and Campbell, two key guys to this team. George you are one fortunate guy to have seen all those games live. I'm still on cloud nine with this Stanley Cup win. This team could do it again with a couple of smart pickups. I can't wait for next season, and this entry draft next week, Boston has a great future. :)

Looking at the Yahoo main page I see that the Vancouver faithful hit the streets and rioted. It really is hard to see something like this when people get hurt, millions in damages etc.... I know frustration sets in but in the end its just a game. Be proud of what Vancouver did by being the best in the west and get prepared for the next season.

Oh yeah I gotta love the morons that pose for photos when they are turning over police cars, smashing out windows, engaging with riot police. Those fools will be the 1st to be identified and prosecuted.
Idiots never seem to realize that Big Brother is truly everywhere. They deserve time on the rock pile. -- Al

It is a good thing every city in America does not react the same, Boston, Chicago, and Cleveland would be burned to the ground. These morons are taken photos of each other smashing things. Hope they are all brought to justice. What are they thinking, it makes the whole Vancouver Canucks team, look bad. They did this in 94 also, I don't get it.:confused:

It is a good thing every city in America does not react the same, Boston, Chicago, and Cleveland would be burned to the ground. These morons are taken photos of each other smashing things. Hope they are all brought to justice. What are they thinking, it makes the whole Vancouver Canucks team, look bad. They did this in 94 also, I don't get it.:confused:

I read a story where one of the mensa members trashing the city after the game 7 loss said "We lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. What do you do as a result; you riot."

Incredible, what a dolt.

Up tomorrow at 6:00am and heading into Boston for a parade............outstanding..............

Thanks Al, it's a great time to be from Boston, no doubt about it.

Last night at my friends house his 9 year old was lost in the crowd of the 20 or so people there crammed into the living room, but afterward it was comical to think so far in his young life he's seen 6 championships, the kid is spoiled rotten....:wink2:

You hit the nail on the head with my little man (6 yrs) and the STeelers. This Superbowl while tough for me was awful for him, I really felt bad. I had to crack a smile though when he innocently said after the fumble..............Daddy, how could that happen, the Steelers never lose!!!! I said, well, now is as good as time as any to learn that you can't win everytime!

Anyhow, truly happy for you, it is a grand time when your team wins, there is nothing quite like that feeling. Makes you forget about the real world for awhile, almost euphoric!

Tom

and what about the image of the romantic Aussie kissing his Canadian girlfriend on the ground as the riot police went by. Clearly likes his
sporting moments {sm4}

Regards
Brett

Just about recovered from yesterday, what a parade that one was, over a million and a half fans jammed the streets of Boston for that one, an all time record, more than for the 2004 WS Champion Red Sox, which in this town is impressive to trump that 86 year wait.

What a beautiful day for a parade, temps in the low 80's, the sights and sounds and did I mention the sights were amazing..........smoke shows everywhere, the Bruins have their share of "interestingly interesting" looking fans...........{sm4}

Best sign was held by a young boy which read "I'm 11 and I've waited my whole life for this" with three check marks next to the Patriots, two next to the Red Sox and one each next to the Celtics and Bruins.

Talk about spoiled rotten, beyond comical...................Boston you're my home...................

What a beautiful day for a parade, temps in the low 80's, the sights and sounds and did I mention the sights were amazing..........smoke shows everywhere, the Bruins have their share of "interestingly interesting" looking fans...........{sm4}

Agreed- we went too- had too- first day in Boston and we are there for one of the biggest parades I have ever been too- then dinner at Fannueil market along with, as you say- interesting Bostonians!! {sm4} What a rockin weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back