Normandy Diorama (1 Viewer)

Hi all, here is a updated view of my Normandy diorama, hoping to have David do another Bocage section on the German end as my Germans need serious reinforecements!!...Sammy

Great diorama layout Sammy, allows flexibility for your figures and vehicles, very nice. Robin.

Really like what you've done Sammy, where did you get the hedge rows or are they something you've made yourself?

Hi all, here is a updated view of my Normandy diorama, hoping to have David do another Bocage section on the German end as my Germans need serious reinforecements!!...Sammy

That Tiger should still be able to hold its own!

Awesome dio Sam, love the hedgerows at one end and the two buildings at the other. I can imagine it would look even more impressive in person.

Tom

Really like what you've done Sammy, where did you get the hedge rows or are they something you've made yourself?

Hi Toddy, David Marshall from TM Terrain did all the bocage/buildings, dude can make anything!!! as it sits right now the diorama is 8 feet in length with the next section on the German end will bring it up to 10 feet in length, then in the future I can go with more side by side boards instead of length ways and it will fill in nicely, my biggest hope is one project do do a St. Mere Eglise style church, it's a fun dio planning future 2 foot boards, and it's one (as long as I have room) will keep growing over the years!!...Sammy

A lot of great looking models to go with that realistic terrain. Bet you can spend hours looking at the various aspects. :smile2: Great dio. Chris

Hi Toddy, David Marshall from TM Terrain did all the bocage/buildings, dude can make anything!!! as it sits right now the diorama is 8 feet in length with the next section on the German end will bring it up to 10 feet in length, then in the future I can go with more side by side boards instead of length ways and it will fill in nicely, my biggest hope is one project do do a St. Mere Eglise style church, it's a fun dio planning future 2 foot boards, and it's one (as long as I have room) will keep growing over the years!!...Sammy

Sounds like loads of fun! I like the sunken roads and hedge-rows, they give depth and help create their own little scenes within a bigger display. I really like the thought behind the add-ons too, which gives you lots of scope to build a bigger diorama over time. Toddy

Sammy that really is impressive :salute:::salute:::salute::

Thanks Gebs, it's been a blast working with David over the last couple years on this diorama and already Looking forward to the next board to add later this year, imagine having fun in a hobby that I enjoy, what a concept!!!:wink2:...Sammy

Beautiful layout Sammy. I remember telling you a long time ago that DM is a genius master modelmaker bar none. There is nothing in any collecting era that he cannot build.

The precise scale and authenticity of his work is always phenomenal and his separately built pieces fit together like a perfect oversize jig-saw. The picture of your diorama most certainly illustrates that statement.

Bob

looks really good. Is this an expensive undertaking if you do not mind me asking? Was it also a design decision to have the hedgerow change colour on the different boards or is it camera flash?

looks really good. Is this an expensive undertaking if you do not mind me asking? Was it also a design decision to have the hedgerow change colour on the different boards or is it camera flash?

Thanks Baymax, as far as pricing it really depends on how much detail/size your looking for David to work with, I think for the product that he creates it's more then a fair price to me, as far as the hedgerow there is a small difference in color of the hedgerows but yes the camera flash makes it look a little more different then it is, but in reality not all hedgerows are the same color so I'm fine with a little variance...Sammy

Beautiful layout Sammy. I remember telling you a long time ago that DM is a genius master modelmaker bar none. There is nothing in any collecting era that he cannot build.

The precise scale and authenticity of his work is always phenomenal and his separately built pieces fit together like a perfect oversize jig-saw. The picture of your diorama most certainly illustrates that statement.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words Bob, when we discussed this project it seems a long time ago but in reality it has been just a few short years!!! and agree with you there is nothing David can not build as well as being one of the nicest guys you could ever know...Sammy

Sammy...

you hit a grand slam here...

this looks great...

love all the groundwork and shrubbery...

VERY NICE!!!

Great dio !
Look forward to see more over time as you expand the theme.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back