North West Frontier 1878 - 1900 (2 Viewers)

Hello Martyn,
another great colourful set from you collection, thank you for sharing
rgds
Wolfgang

Martin,

Great photo! I can almost hear that Pathan chief with the flag telling his followers, "if we lay siege to that little fort in Chitral, it will definitely fall before a relief column could get there!"

Martin,

Great photo! I can almost hear that Pathan chief with the flag telling his followers, "if we lay siege to that little fort in Chitral, it will definitely fall before a relief column could get there!"

Glad you like the picture Louis :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Probably need a couple of drone strikes here :salute::

Cheers

They didn't have drones back then, so Little Bobs rushes from Kabul to Kandahar to relieve the besieged British subjects:

Attachments

• Dioramas 2.jpg
    Dioramas 2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Dioramas 3.jpg
    Dioramas 3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Dioramas 4.jpg
    Dioramas 4.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 251
Didn't need drones with the 2nd Battalion Seaforths available :wink2:

Cheers

Some intense scenes here and nice collections. Like the traction engine and the fort. Marauders from every direction it seems. Robin.

Martyn,

Very Impressive. I don't recognize the set on the left; is it from Trophy? Is the set in the center EQ47 from the NWF Range? Grey bases? The set on the right, I do recognize as being EQ47 from the Boxer Rebellion which I do not have.

Mike

Martyn,

Very Impressive. I don't recognize the set on the left; is it from Trophy? Is the set in the center EQ47 from the NWF Range? Grey bases? The set on the right, I do recognize as being EQ47 from the Boxer Rebellion which I do not have.

Mike

Hi Mike

Glad you like the sets :salute::

The set on the left is an early Trophy with set #EQ15.

The centre set is from the NWF series, this was produced by Trophy after they started painting the NWF bases grey. I have several sets from this series with grey bases

All the best

Hi Mike

Glad you like the sets :salute::

The set on the left is an early Trophy with set #EQ15.

The centre set is from the NWF series, this was produced by Trophy after they started painting the NWF bases grey. I have several sets from this series with grey bases

All the best

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for your response. Very interesting. By the time I started collecting toy soldiers in the pre-internet age, the NWF Range was very hard to find at the shops (The Old Toy Soldier Home and Toy Troops) that carried Trophy and I don't recall seeing all that many at the Chicago or West Coaster Shows, either. So, the only set I remember buying was the 66th Regiment Charging, from Bob Fisher, which didn't have grey bases. Boy, I would have been hard pressed to have recognized EQ15 as being from Trophy since the sculpts seem so different even from the early skinny leg sculpts.

Mike

Set# IA8V - INDIAN MOUNTAIN ARTILLERY with BRITISH OFFICER

Cheers

Set EQ16A - MOUNTAIN ARTILLERY SCREW GUN BATTERY

Set EQ17A - MOUNTAIN ARTILLERY AMMUNITION MULE

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back