Nov 2020 Dispatches - What are you expecting? (1 Viewer)

In the cooler
New Dispatches next week, i hope, what are fellow Treefroggers hoping for?

I am hoping for some new Battle of the Bulge range figures and vehicles.

I know it won't happen, but American Revolution including colonial era British Marines (and the proper term is British Marines as they did not receive their royal charter until the turn of the century).

I know it won't happen, but American Revolution including colonial era British Marines (and the proper term is British Marines as they did not receive their royal charter until the turn of the century).

I think there maybe a chance, at some point, K & C do produce a lot targeted at the US market, which is understandable, largest market. Bunker Hill would be the most obvious engagement, i do not collect the American Revolution series, have K & C released some US Forces who were there? Or some figures that could be re-released after modification? If not it would be a new sub-series.

1802 - was Royal Charter, George III, but so were the majority of these types of decisions, it was Admiral John Jervis, 1st Earl of St Vincent that pushed it with the King. I read Davidson's book on Jervis, interesting person, read a lot of books about British Military leaders of the period, with Cochrane and Picton being, for me, the most interesting.

[h=1][/h]

To be honest I enjoy a surprise and Andy never fails to provide a few of those.

K&C had a very nice AWI series some years back, seemed focused on the Southern campaigns. I agree, Bunker Hill would be the battle I'd love to see represented. Lots of great units to portray.

I'll take a look at the Davidson book. I'm currently on a bit of a British Navy bend myself, finishing up the Chatterton book on the East India Trading Company's Bombay Marine. Some real tough men back then.

I think there maybe a chance, at some point, K & C do produce a lot targeted at the US market, which is understandable, largest market. Bunker Hill would be the most obvious engagement, i do not collect the American Revolution series, have K & C released some US Forces who were there? Or some figures that could be re-released after modification? If not it would be a new sub-series.

1802 - was Royal Charter, George III, but so were the majority of these types of decisions, it was Admiral John Jervis, 1st Earl of St Vincent that pushed it with the King. I read Davidson's book on Jervis, interesting person, read a lot of books about British Military leaders of the period, with Cochrane and Picton being, for me, the most interesting.

[h=1][/h]

Me too hoping for BOB figures, but maybe it's a bit too early and we will see some next month
guy:)

Vietnammmmmm 🇻🇳🇻🇳🇺🇸🇺🇸🇦🇺🇦🇺please! I am almost finished my city Hue Diorama and I want to start a new Vietnam Diorama.

Harry 🤠👍

To be honest I enjoy a surprise and Andy never fails to provide a few of those.

I relaunch the suggestion, already made by some Members, of a line of Sailors / Pirates suitable for 18th century ships. I have the stunning Napoleonic Royal Marines Landing Party and Officers and I'd like to have some Brit Sailors to embark on the Playmobil vessels which, if properly repainted and re-equipped, can be well adapted to our Bootnecks.
Not for November of course, but if scheduled today we could have them for next year.
Cheers
Carlo

Hi Guys,
I always welcome your thoughts and 'guesses' regarding what's going to be coming out in our upcoming 'Dispatches'....Sometimes you're spot-on...at other times it's more of a 'wish list' of your own personal 'wants, needs and must-haves'...
Whatever it is it's fun to read and I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm.
All will be revealed this coming Monday...Until then, have a great and relaxing weekend and...happy collecting!
Andy.
'

M54 5-Ton Truck (Prime Mover for the !05 MM Howitzer)
Mutt Jeep (KC will do a better version of this than the other manufacturer)

..with drivers please

Noli-Poli

Attachments

• M54  5-Ton Truck.jpg
    M54 5-Ton Truck.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 188
  • Mutt.jpg
    Mutt.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 188
M54 5-Ton Truck (Prime Mover for the !05 MM Howitzer)
Mutt Jeep (KC will do a better version of this than the other manufacturer)

..with drivers please

Noli-Poli

Yes Mate I'm sure the Mutt Jeep from K&C will do a better version of this than the other manufacturer! What do you think of this Vietnam war monster for under the Christmas tree🎄 this year?

09C98817-958C-45C1-A0BB-3E4B35C7D827.jpeg B6E8002E-58F5-4C0B-83DE-57EE5F8F838F.jpeg

Harry 👻

Animal Mother would I guess be nearing release, maybe the ARVN MP too.
Is it too early for the characters in front of Andy's Saigon Bar, Miss Saigon, the Village elder and the Mystery Soldier in the Blue hat yet ?
Perhaps even the USMC and Aussie Mortars !?

Only a couple of days and we'll find out !

Steve

Guys,
Anything from the K&C VN Range would suit me. When you consider what has been previewed over the past few months then I will be happy for months to come.

Water Buffalo x 3 and Rider
U.S. Special Forces in Camo x 4
Vietnam Village Chief
Saigon Sally
USMC Mortar & 2 man crew
Aussie Mortar & 3 man crew
Aussie two man Mine detecting Team
ARVN Military Policeman
Aussie MPs x 2
Aussie 1/4 ton MP Land Rover
Aussie 1/4 ton GS Land Rover

Cheers Howard