Old 1938 vs new 1938 pics (1 Viewer)

well, hoping to avoid the ungentlemanly conduct that Brian alluded to earlier I have to say that as a big LAH collector that these new Gaulieter type figures do not look like the quality I have come to expect from CS in the Berlin range.

Having said that I have not much interest in these additional party figures including brown shirts etc and, as long as the true LAH figures remain the quality they have been and still are then, I will continue to buy the CS Berlin range

Cheers for putting up the comparison pictures
Mitch

I looked at the pics . What are the dislikes about the figures ???? To me they seem fine ? What am I missing ?

for me looking at these figures from the pictures the sculpts do not look as crisp as the Goering and Hitler ones which, I have and think are some of the best versions of the two crackerjacks that anyone has done. Look at the joins in the arms and, the way the belt is moulded on the Gaulieters its less detailed and defined say compared to the goering and Hitler one. The legs from boots down look very thin and unrealistic IMO and, the facial features just do not look as detailed and, clear.

Mind, I suppose its down to the collector but, then you were concerned about the TG facial features and hair colour and that did not bother me much. so, its swings and roundabouts. there seems to be a big difference from the pics posted. Mind, its LAH/Berlin so, I am sure they will be popular anyway
Mitch

Don't matter how many ways you do that lot they will always look afflicted....{sm3}:wink2:
Wayne.

for me looking at these figures from the pictures the sculpts do not look as crisp as the Goering and Hitler ones which, I have and think are some of the best versions of the two crackerjacks that anyone has done. Look at the joins in the arms and, the way the belt is moulded on the Gaulieters its less detailed and defined say compared to the goering and Hitler one. The legs from boots down look very thin and unrealistic IMO and, the facial features just do not look as detailed and, clear.

Mind, I suppose its down to the collector but, then you were concerned about the TG facial features and hair colour and that did not bother me much. so, its swings and roundabouts. there seems to be a big difference from the pics posted. Mind, its LAH/Berlin so, I am sure they will be popular anyway
Mitch

Mitch, I see what you are saying about the faces and legs on these figures.

I want the old TCS figures back! Detail Detail Detail. Go back to the old China shop Brian, spend the money and go back. I would gladly spend more for the figures if that's what it takes. I don't buy TCS figures to receive K&C figures.

To be perfectly blunt the new figures look rubbish when compared to the old: the paint work is significantly inferior: personally I'd send them back: I only buy CS and so far I've brought every normandy release todate with the exception of the new "celebrating artillery " figures: I wouldn't buy Normandy figures of that quality full stop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back