Older K&C green boxes (1 Viewer)

cutting_arrow

Private 2
Does anyone know what was the last WWII set that was packaged in the older green K&C boxes? Also was set ws042 in the Green boxes or in the newer wwII photo boxes or did it come in both?

Does anyone know what was the last WWII set that was packaged in the older green K&C boxes? Also was set ws042 in the Green boxes or in the newer wwII photo boxes or did it come in both?

At the most recent Westcoaster, Andy said that many times after the first run, if they ran out of boxes they would use different boxes.

One that note, does anyone know what was the first K&C box to show pictures of the item. Was it the Summer Panther?

As Ed points out, it's hard to pinpoint. For example, WS 40 was packaged in both the green boxes and the later more colorful boxes.

At this point, I have to ask why it matters what box a set came in. The box won't ensure the authenticity of the set as different boxes were used for the same set.

Terry

Maybe he's just curious. I think there are some newer collectors who have never seen them, not to mention the older white boxes for tanks.

Thanks for the replies. I had an ebay buyer that argued that ws042 originally came in the green box and not the photo boxes. He wanted his money back saying I was dishonest. The photo box is what I got when it came from the dealer. I was unsure on what to tell him. To my knowledge I was being truthfull and honest.

Thanks for the replies. I had an ebay buyer that argued that ws042 originally came in the green box and not the photo boxes. He wanted his money back saying I was dishonest. The photo box is what I got when it came from the dealer. I was unsure on what to tell him. To my knowledge I was being truthfull and honest.

You were honest, the buyer is simply a johnny come lately to K&C who didn't know what they were talking about. Quite frankly in the day of green boxes, there were plenty of sets that came in whatever box was available at the moment, photo or not. WS42 if I remember was around for a long time and the later sets definitely came in photo boxes with a sticker saying "WS42". I assume that was yours.

Tom

I agree with Tom completely! I have received the same item from the same

dealer in different boxes in the same shippment several times.

For the moment the Original Box seems to be nice, but not especially

significant from a monetary standpoint as it is with other collectibles.

King & Country boxes take up a lot of room, quite a few collectors don't

bother to keep them. Others have a unique way of storing them as we have

seen in the past.:D

Are there 2 sizes for the older green K&C boxes for sets of 4 to 6 figures ?

Thanks, Raymond.:confused:

Are there 2 sizes for the older green K&C boxes for sets of 4 to 6 figures ?

Thanks, Raymond.:confused:

Yes, it has to do with the thickness. Some early sets came in thinner boxes (depth), while later green boxes are deeper.

Tom

For those who are interested, I could post photos of the different kinds of K & C boxes; there are several. Very early K & C boxes for glossy figures came in plastic boxes. It's amazing they survived shipment.

For those who are interested, I could post photos of the different kinds of K & C boxes; there are several. Very early K & C boxes for glossy figures came in plastic boxes. It's amazing they survived shipment.

Brad,
I bet the plastic boxes look very much like the Reeves/King White packaging with different cardboard printed insert.:D:D

Tom

Tom,

The ones I have only have the foam insert, as I recall.

Dear "Jazzeum":
I recall a few short years ago getting some K&C LAH marching sets that were in plastic packs that were tied into place and it was a real pain in the neck to get a bunch of sets untied for display. I think the current K&C boxes are the best of all and I hope they do not go back to prior stuff!
Regards, "Iron Brigade" 4/6/2010

I have a distinct feeling I know who that buyer is.

Yeah, I love the guys who become experts after buying a few sets in all things everything.

If you get a chance, pm me the user ID so I can block him.

Brad,

That would be very helpful, if it is not too much trouble.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Here are some of the early types of K & C boxes that I have.

First photo is the plastic box with the cardboard on the right slipping over the box. This contained one of the mounted Boer War riders. You can see the foam that doubled over the figure. As mentioned, it's a wonder anything arrived safe.

Second photo shows one of the blue boxes that I believe predated the thinner green boxes. Each figure had its little resting place so they wouldn't bump into each other. On top of the figures was a foam layer to protect the figures. These also usually came with a certificate, indicating which number out of 1,000 you had purchased.

The third photo is one of the thinner green boxes that I believe contained some glossy Napoleonics. The later green boxes are taller.

The fourth photo shows one of the early vehicle boxes. This was for DD 14, one of the Jeeps.

The fifth photo shows the box for the T 34 from the Stalingrad series.

I'll see if I can dig out some others tomorrow. However, Louis and Lawrence have much earlier ones and perhaps they can take photos. I've opened some boxes where the item was wrapped in mounds of toilet paper, such as the Dickens book shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 91
Brad where do you keep all your boxes?:eek: I know we have discussed this

before, but it can really be a problem!:eek:

I keep them on pallet racking in one of my garages, and a big table in my

shop....but I'm glad I am winding down, because they just take up to much

ROOM!:eek:

John,

It's a big problem. I've been putting them in bins and sticking them in the attic. Don't know if that's good for them but I have no choice. I also have a big armoire where I keep a lot of my soldiers that is now 90 percent devoted to boxes. And there are two closets that have some boxes in them. Oh, I forgot the boxes for the Warbirds. Those things are big. Those are in the basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back