Out of Business (1 Viewer)

Their website is still operational ^&confuse

Wayne

Wayne:

Thanks for the info, I saw that they still had a viable website before posting my question.

I also looked into their corporate status via the Texas Secretary of State which shows them as active.

Neither their website or their standing with the Secretary of State really proves that they are doing business as a toy soldier manufacturer.

Near as I can tell via dealers and this forum they have not produced anything new since December 2020, thus my original question asking if they were out of business.

-Jason

Wayne:

Thanks for the info, I saw that they still had a viable website before posting my question.

I also looked into their corporate status via the Texas Secretary of State which shows them as active.

Neither their website or their standing with the Secretary of State really proves that they are doing business as a toy soldier manufacturer.

Near as I can tell via dealers and this forum they have not produced anything new since December 2020, thus my original question asking if they were out of business.

-Jason

Have you tried calling them?

Conte has just posted pictures of Romans Set 2 on his Facebook page. They each have a number of alternate parts so that quite a number of unique soldiers can be assembled. It was the same with Set 1, that came out last year and they are excellent! There are also Barbarians in the works and also Vikings. Whether they all come into being remains to be seen but he is certainly spending some money at the moment.

I just thought I'd conclude my entry to this thread with some praise of CS. I collected almost all the Roman/Britain series, including the second chariot. The later Romans had outsized shields compared to the earlier ones and I didn't like that, but this aside, the figures were very action packed!
I also liked the mini figs and vehicles and again collected almost everything from the 17SS and the Falschirmjaegers ranges, as well as some stout US defenders.

I bought the sturm tiger but i would like somebody to repaint it. My early addition marder is one of the best ts vehicles made

If they are not releasing stuff, is it not time to move them to 'other manufacturers' and replace them with someone who is moving forward and releasing stuff, such as Warpark.

I know that front page listings is based on threads/posts but that seem a bit of an archaic system if the threads/posts are from when they have been on TF, very hard for new companies to catch them up. I would think a more logical approach was to do it over a period of time, say a year, if few postings over a year then move up a new manufacturer.

I also understand the forum is also an excellent marketing tool for TF and they tend to only put those manufacturers on the front page whom they stock, which goes to the understanding of why it was Team Minitures promoted to the front page and not Warpark. Which i cannot blame them for, as they are a business after all.

I feel the need to clarify my original post.

My inquiry was in no way an attack on Collector’s Showcase or it’s products.

If someone has information contrary to the fact that CS appears to no longer be producing toy soldiers I welcome it.

Finally, I do not think that Treefrog ever carried Collector’s Showcase. I can’t speak as to why they were (and still are) on the main page of their forum for manufacturers.

I feel the need to clarify my original post.

My inquiry was in no way an attack on Collector’s Showcase or it’s products.

If someone has information contrary to the fact that CS appears to no longer be producing toy soldiers I welcome it.

Finally, I do not think that Treefrog ever carried Collector’s Showcase. I can’t speak as to why they were (and still are) on the main page of their forum for manufacturers.
Appears to me from all accounts they are "not" making any New products, but still in business selling existing Inventory.
On that note seems that CS gave up interacting here on TF as well for several years now.

Wayne

...On that note seems that CS gave up interacting here on TF as well for several years now...

That's not quite the case. He last posted in December 2020, about items for sale. Though as others have noted, those were existing items, not new subjects.

Prost!
Brad

That's not quite the case. He last posted in December 2020, about items for sale. Though as others have noted, those were existing items, not new subjects.

Prost!
Brad

I was wondering about them myself. They use to be a staple at the Texas Toy Soldier Show but did not attend this year. What does that mean? I do not know but it does not bode well. Hopefully they will make a comeback. One can never have to many options.

Howard

Prost!
Brad

I guess we can construe and debate the term “several”, however the other facts, i.e. no new items etc., do not seem to be disputed.

I guess we can construe and debate the term “several”, however the other facts, i.e. no new items etc., do not seem to be disputed.

I offered a clarification specifically on the statement that CS had stopped posting on the forum for several years. It hasn't been several years, it's been several months. There's no construing or debate necessary; I went to the member list and looked it up. I'm not talking about the lack of new items or any other statement made about CS.

Prost!
Brad

I offered a clarification specifically on the statement that CS had stopped posting on the forum for several years. It hasn't been several years, it's been several months. There's no construing or debate necessary; I went to the member list and looked it up. I'm not talking about the lack of new items or any other statement made about CS.

Prost!
Brad
Several months, not several years....Wunderbar ! .....and still No new products being made. Selling off what is left online.
By this time next year we will be discussing the "out of business" part {sm2}

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back