"over The Wall" (1 Viewer)

rharry

Private 1st Class
I think this was the title of the 2006 Collectors Club figure.....I see it in a catalog but never seen the real figure(s) in someone's collection...If anyone has a set handle to show I would appreciate seeing it........Thanks...Rick

I have only seen photos of this myself - never have seen the real set "in hand". I believe this was a set manufactured by Wm Britian/Ertl and was phased out as WB merged with First Gear. It has been on my "watch" list for a long time and I have had no luck in finding one.
Mike

I think this was the title of the 2006 Collectors Club figure.....I see it in a catalog but never seen the real figure(s) in someone's collection...If anyone has a set handle to show I would appreciate seeing it........Thanks...Rick

Not the best pictures to view of this set but I did include them in a dio I put together a couple of years back. Depicts Armistead leading his Virginians across the stonewall and over the wreck of Cushing's battery-I think at the time I was trying to capture the look of Troiani's immortal painting "High Water Mark"

Anyway the set you are enquiring about appears in the lower right of the first shot with one of the Rebs wearing a crimson blanket roll squatting on the stonewall. In the second shot they are both lower left and are suspended leaping over the wall by metal pegs on their legs locating appropriate holes in the stone wall. Good set and as Mike refers to somewhat difficult to find today.

Reb

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04881.jpg

Wow,
I sculpt so many figures every year I forget about many of them until I see them somewhere. I had to go downstairs to dig out this set off my shelf.

This was the Collector's Club set #17825 and UK Reb is right about the two figures designed to plug into the short stone wall section that matches the other stone wall sets I sculpted the same year.
These were developed by 1st Gear/ W. Britain during the first year of ownership and were not RC2 developments.

This first catalog year was confusing to many collectors as a few WWII sets and a few other loose ends were offered by 1st Gear/W. Britain in the first catalog, but were sets developed by RC2.

Hope this helps,
Ken

I'd buy it. I saw this set on E-Bay a few months back but was outbid, and it will be hard to find another, so anything in the rebels climbing a stone wall genre is fine with me.

Richard and I have often though we should revisit something like this... any interest or suggestions?
Ken

You could count on me purchasing sets like this. My only suggestion woud be, if possible, to make the figures separate from the fence/wall. This would give the collector more flexibility in their use.
:) Mike

Very nice pics
Mitch

Not the best pictures to view of this set but I did include them in a dio I put together a couple of years back. Depicts Armistead leading his Virginians across the stonewall and over the wreck of Cushing's battery-I think at the time I was trying to capture the look of Troiani's immortal painting "High Water Mark"

Anyway the set you are enquiring about appears in the lower right of the first shot with one of the Rebs wearing a crimson blanket roll squatting on the stonewall. In the second shot they are both lower left and are suspended leaping over the wall by metal pegs on their legs locating appropriate holes in the stone wall. Good set and as Mike refers to somewhat difficult to find today.

Reb

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04881.jpg

Richard and I have often though we should revisit something like this... any interest or suggestions?
Ken

Hi Ken...YES!!..YES!!..YES!!. I would definately buy such a set!!. Sort of an addition to the wonderfull Hand to Hand sets you are involved with at the moment......its impossible to have too many of these focus points of action within a large battlefield!!!.

Steve

Well, Ken, I already have a running Armistead as the focal point of my diorama - having just stepped off the wall, but I would definitely be interested in a version that stood on a wall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back