paint flaking. (2 Viewers)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
Just really sad to say that the only tank I have from Figarti is flaking some paint. Not a big deal to me as I can sand and re paint but **** one buy and trouble . I have alot of things from another maker and no paint flaking. I don't won't anything but really disappointed as I thought this was the best tank I have ever bought. Simmo.:(

Simmo...

Thats a shame mate. I have heard several posters saying this and have bought a few sets and two of them had this problem (not old sets which were stated as being the problem) but, rather than mess around sending them back (as they were bought overseas for me) I have just done as you have and repainted.

Its something which sadly, does not look like its been sorted and is a great concern when spending so much money and I fully undertsand your angst.
Mitch

You should probably send it back because repainting won't fix the problem. It wasn't primed. Rick posted many months ago that a disgruntled employee had caused certain problems and this, no doubt, was an example of his handiwork.

Figarti fixed all the problems for collectors who sent it back.

I think the disgruntled employee is really beginning to ware thin as an explanation as its new sets I am talking about and, this issue was supposed to be corrected before I joined the site as I was told I should not speak about it I recall so, unless this employee is sneaking back in at night and doing his deeds than there seems to be a problem from the posts and PM's on here and figarti collectors who I have spoken to.
Mitch

I think Simmo is talking about this beauty,ive had no probs so far!!!!!!

000_0858-1.jpg
000_0860-1.jpg

Simmo, I had the problem with The Long Tom. Rick was gracious enought to send me another one. That arrived in pieces. He then sent me a third which also arrived damaged, however, I was able to take different pieces from the first two and glue them on the third to have a complete gun (figured that it is so fragile one would never arrive intact). So Figarti will take care of you. Regards, Larry.

Hey Guys,
As someone who is waiting for my first Figarti piece, the Karl Morser. This thread is not inspiring a lot of confidence!:( Has anyone received their Morser yet?
JW

What pieces are you guys talking about? I have quite a few newer sets and I'd like to know.

Hey Guys,
As someone who is waiting for my first Figarti piece, the Karl Morser. This thread is not inspiring a lot of confidence!:( Has anyone received their Morser yet?
JW
Not sure where you are getting your Karl from but spoke with Hobby Bunker yesterday and they have not received their order yet. BTW, my flaking problem was with the Priest
Bill W

Just really sad to say that the only tank I have from Figarti is flaking some paint. Not a big deal to me as I can sand and re paint but **** one buy and trouble . I have alot of things from another maker and no paint flaking. I don't won't anything but really disappointed as I thought this was the best tank I have ever bought. Simmo.:(

Dear Simmo,

Would appreciate if you can let us know which tank has the flaking issue. We have resolved the issue internally and if the problem has re-surfaced, we need to address it ASAP. None of our new releases should have any of the paint flake problem. If you like, please PM me and I will make arrangements for your tank to be fixed. Thank You.

Best,
Rick
RWFigarti

Last edited:
Dear Simmo,

Would appreciate if you can let us know which tank has the flaking issue. We have resolved the issue internally and if the problem has re-surfaced, we need to address it ASAP. None of our new releases should have any of the paint flake problem. If you like, please PM me and I will make arrangements for your tank to be fixed. Thank You.

Best,
Rick
RWFigarti

Thanks for the kind offer Rick but I can handle this little problem myself. It looks like the grips on the side of the turret were not primed. You can see the gold metal . I think maybe the tank rider holding on to the side has done the damage. This could of been me some how adding this rider to the tank. I was just wondering did any ones else tank have this problem. Once again thank you for the kind offer and you are still the leader in tank making. Simmo.:p

img0710i.jpg

img0709s.jpg

Mine are the same mate,but its where the tank rider hangs on so i didn't notice its no biggee........................:)

000_1849.jpg
000_1850.jpg
000_1851.jpg

Hmm, interesting. that it has a gold metal (there ar at least 3 things on any metal that is painted, The metal itself, next would be the primer possibly 2 coats,the color of the item at least 2 coats). But if gold is in any of the first 2th metal or the color of the primer, As far as I know, any color of paint( unless its another metallic color) will not stick on top of the gold, and will flake. Again as far as I know. ( I have painted miniatures before)
But, Rick has been the greatst as far as Making things right. So whatever problems arises, Rick will fix it.

Hmm, interesting. that it has a gold metal (there ar at least 3 things on any metal that is painted, The metal itself, next would be the primer possibly 2 coats,the color of the item at least 2 coats). But if gold is in any of the first 2th metal or the color of the primer, As far as I know, any color of paint( unless its another metallic color) will not stick on top of the gold, and will flake. Again as far as I know. ( I have painted miniatures before)
But, Rick has been the greatst as far as Making things right. So whatever problems arises, Rick will fix it.

Would the gold metal be some sort of brass? I stripped down a busted K/C tank for repainting and most of the fittings were brass on lead hull and turret with even some resin pieces attached..Michael

Last edited:
Simmo I think that is going to be common on everyone’s piece that fiddles with that tank rider too much.
I don’t use that rider as on mine his hand will not fit between the tank and handle well enough to be stable.

If he were to fall off and hit the track it will damage the track.

If you try and bend the brass handles the paint will pop off, just as it does on a lead figure.

Donnie

This does not look like paint flaking....looks more like simple wear on the grab irons.....Not a problem....easily solved.:)......Prior Figarti paint problems were significant and hopefully resolved for good....

My Panzer IV was flaking when it arrived from the store as well. I did my best to make it look like weathering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back