Painted figures by John Firth (1 Viewer)

boerboy

Staff Sergeant
These are two wonderful figures John painted for me:

1. Churchill in Omdurman (casting by Phoenix)
2. German WW1 Officer from East Africa campaign (against the British Empire :)

They are among the best military figures in my collection and mesh very well with other figures painted by a friend of mine.

John never stops to surprise me with quality of his amazing work and in-depth knowledge on the subject of the uniforms from the period.

Al

Attachments

• ga1.jpg
    ga1.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 666
  • ga2.jpg
    ga2.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 647
  • ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 657
  • ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    917 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:
Re: The British Empire

Those are wonderful figures, Al,
thank you very much for posting the pics :salute::
I am so glad to see another collector enjoying John's fine work.
Konrad

These look superb Al. Do you have any more figures painted by John by chance?

MD

These look superb Al. Do you have any more figures painted by John by chance?

MD
MD,
yes, I have two more figures painted by John, I will post their pictures later tomorrow.
Al

Great figures, Al!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool I am very excited that John is going to paint a pilot figure for me.:smile2:

More figures painted by John

1. Dr. Watson mini-bust casting by Charles Hall
2. 4th Dragoon casting by Rose
Al

Attachments

• dr.w.jpg
    dr.w.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 391
  • gus1.jpg
    gus1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 393
  • gus.jpg
    gus.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 369

Victoria-Louise a daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm (an enemy of the British Empire {eek3}) , in the Dead Head hussars uniform, pained by my friend Bill.
Al

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 376

These are my two favourites of yours Al

{bravo}}:salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

These are my two favourites of yours Al

{bravo}}:salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)
Thank you, Martyn I like them too :)
Al

Those are wonderful pieces, Al! Your collection is surely enriched by having John's work in it.

Who made the figure of Viktoria Luise? I wasn't aware that anyone had ever made a figure of her, except the foot figure Mike Ferguson tried to bring on the market. There was also a conversion figure made by a gentleman named Sim or Sims, I think, which was part of a display in the toy soldier category at the BMSS a couple of years ago (unfortunatly, no one at the BMSS ever replied to my emails to ask about those figures).

Prost!
Brad

Gosh, what absolutely gorgeous figures. Mr. Firth does the best gloss figures I have ever seen. Congratulations on owning these beauties. -- Al

Those are wonderful pieces, Al! Your collection is surely enriched by having John's work in it.

Who made the figure of Viktoria Luise? I wasn't aware that anyone had ever made a figure of her, except the foot figure Mike Ferguson tried to bring on the market. There was also a conversion figure made by a gentleman named Sim or Sims, I think, which was part of a display in the toy soldier category at the BMSS a couple of years ago (unfortunatly, no one at the BMSS ever replied to my emails to ask about those figures).

Prost!
Brad

Hello Brad,
I purchased it from John Eden of eBay. He has it posted once in a while. I have no idea who made this casting. It was not all correct uniform in comparison with the V-L pictures I have found on the Net, so my friend Bill had to make some changes, e.g. he added a horse blanket.
All the best
Al

Thanks, Al! if it's from John, it may be a kitbash/conversion of a Rose figure. I think there was a Victorian equestrienne in the catalog, I'll have to check my catalog copies at home tonight.

This is the piece I was talking about, that Mike Ferguson had commissioned:

KaiserWilhelmandViktoriaLuisa.jpg

Prost!
Brad

Hi Al,

Congratulations on being the proud owner of these excellent figures.

Churchill at Omdurman is my pick for favourite.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Some classic pieces in her - ALL are my favourites if painted by John. You can tell them a mile off. Quite simply, nobody does it better! Just wish I had that touch! johnnybach.

Last edited:
I believe that is a HM of GB horse, not sure about the figure though.

I think you're right. As well as the horses, I made a First Aid Nursing Yeomanry figure for them in a similar pose, so that may have been played with.

Martin

The 4th Dragoon is a striking figure, but he sure has some headgear to balance {eek3}
Konrad

Cheers for posting these additional photos Al. You've got a nice sampling of John's work it appears.

MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back