Pike & Musket - my first four (1 Viewer)

Not sure what Andy is going to produce, so I keep moving ahead with my own ideas. Robin.

Attachments

• PA270001.jpg
    PA270001.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 322
Extremely pleased to have received my first four Pike & Musket figures today.

I have been waiting for some years for English Civil War figures by a top end manufacturer and boy are they worth the wait!

Just superb figures......... Thank you K&C for taking the plunge into this era. Looking forward to supporting this fine series.

( and can't wait for the Cavalry! )

Cheers,

Roy

Good choices, Roy, to start your English Civil War collection. Love these figures and I would have chosen the same ones to begin with, but unfortunately due to funds, must stick to WW1. I have my eye on those new wounded soldiers. Must say that K&C did a really nice job on these, and also glad the price came down a bit.

Cheers,

Mark

Just received my first 4 figures..... My hat is off to K&C... These figures are outstanding, they have the K&C pedigree but if I didn't know any better would never had thought they were K&C... Sculpting, painting, etc. are top notch. After the "Real West" (P) fiasco, IMO, I swore off K&C but not now.... At least for this series.....

Good choices, Roy, to start your English Civil War collection. Love these figures and I would have chosen the same ones to begin with, but unfortunately due to funds, must stick to WW1. I have my eye on those new wounded soldiers. Must say that K&C did a really nice job on these, and also glad the price came down a bit.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks- great minds think alike!

Apart from the subject matter, and superb paint work the thing that really sold them to me was the fact that each one of their faces is so full of character.

My favourite is the Roundhead Officer - One mean dude, I wouldn't want to mess with him! They all look to me as if they have just stepped out of Michael Arnold's "The Stryker Chronicles" series!

The same with me - I collect WW1 mainly but have waited so long for ECW figures of this quality to come along....... Having to rationalise on the WW1 line.

Cheers,

Roy

Hi Mark,

Thanks- great minds think alike!

Apart from the subject matter, and superb paint work the thing that really sold them to me was the fact that each one of their faces is so full of character.

My favourite is the Roundhead Officer - One mean dude, I wouldn't want to mess with him! They all look to me as if they have just stepped out of Michael Arnold's "The Stryker Chronicles" series!

The same with me - I collect WW1 mainly but have waited so long for ECW figures of this quality to come along....... Having to rationalise on the WW1 line.

Cheers,

Roy
I never thought I'd say this about a K&C figure.... I totally agree, their faces are very full of character... So much that I have moved them to a self almost eye-level so that I can enjoy them all the more. And on a side note, just ordered the first book in the "Stryker Chronicles" ... Thanks

I hate you all! I was going to let this line pass me by but now that I see them for real....crap! {sm4}

I hate you all! I was going to let this line pass me by but now that I see them for real....crap! {sm4}

Yeah, so much for I'm not getting them!!!! I love these! Best new line in a long time in my opinion. Home Run by K&C (for my pals across the bond - that means they are bloody good! {sm4} )

K%26C%20Pike%20and%20Muskets%201-XL.jpg

K%26C%20Pike%20and%20Muskets%202-XL.jpg

I haven't gotten to read my ECW book yet and am man enough to admit that I don't know much about the history here...
Are all of these guys on the same team?

Careful. If you say no, you might lose your head. Nice looking figures.

I haven't gotten to read my ECW book yet and am man enough to admit that I don't know much about the history here...
Are all of these guys on the same team?

Yep all on the same team (Parliaments),unless things are looking bad on the battle field and than they change to the Royalist side. Often the only way to determine on which side the person is fighting is by the colour scarf he is wearing or not wearing. So the figures are interchangeable, possibly the only minor draw back to this series in that the sides are confusing. Only the personalities will fall on one of the sides. They are so inconsiderate not wearing distinct clothing like the American Civil War^&grin, Robin.

Thankfully Winter has arrived and I can make my own massed formation of toy soldiers out of an exciting new Canadian resin medium. (Not available in OZ) ^&grin Just needs a little paint.

ATT000691.jpg

Thankfully Winter has arrived and I can make my own massed formation of toy soldiers out of an exciting new Canadian resin medium. (Not available in OZ) ^&grin Just needs a little paint.

View attachment 163085

Believe or not we have the same Medium to work with in Australia, only we cannot find anyone crazy enough to use it in this format.{eek3}^&grin, Robin.

Fellow Collectors,

Just got 8 figures from this series. I was talking to Tim Tyler and said "what is new and exciting?". "Any suggestions for next purchase?" He said PnM was one of the most impressive ranges he has ever seen. I said "Don't Know much about the ECW". He said, you are a collector and when you see how beautiful they are you will want to have them. Well he is a wise man and good friend. These are BEAUTIFUL FIGURES. The highest quality in sculpting and painting, particularly the faces. Well packaged in new sturdier boxes. Talk to Tim or any of the other fine dealers in this hobby and get opinions. It always helps when deciding where to spend your hard earned money. I am sure everyone will have a high opinion of this range. I do not post often after a new purchase arrives, but I had to share my excitement with everyone. DO NOT MISS OUT ON PnM.

GREAT CALL TIM, THANKS.

Armchair Warrior

Some pics of the latest Pike & Musket additions I received yesterday.

It's for me hard to imagine the quality on these figures will ever be bettered.

I thought from the release pics that the Cannon would be quite light - (plastic looking.) Wrong! The gun carriage does seem to be made of plastic, but
the Barrel and Wheels I think are definitely metal. It has a satisfyingly "hefty" feel. A lovely looking thing! From a conversation at the K&C stand in
London I understand the forthcoming second Cannon will be finished in red. I have added a pic of the Pike & Musket cannon alongside one of my Charge of the
Light Brigade cannons for size comparison.

Oh and a very Regal Charles is much better "in the flesh" than in the pic! ( Any chance of Henrietta Maria appearing alongside him K&C? )

Cheers!

Roy

Attachments

• P1040393.JPG
    P1040393.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 165
  • P1040395.JPG
    P1040395.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 171
  • P1040398.JPG
    P1040398.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 166
  • P1040406.JPG
    P1040406.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 170
  • P1040407.JPG
    P1040407.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 170
Some pics of the latest Pike & Musket additions I received yesterday.

It's for me hard to imagine the quality on these figures will ever be bettered.

I thought from the release pics that the Cannon would be quite light - (plastic looking.) Wrong! The gun carriage does seem to be made of plastic, but
the Barrel and Wheels I think are definitely metal. It has a satisfyingly "hefty" feel. A lovely looking thing! From a conversation at the K&C stand in
London I understand the forthcoming second Cannon will be finished in red. I have added a pic of the Pike & Musket cannon alongside one of my Charge of the
Light Brigade cannons for size comparison.

Oh and a very Regal Charles is much better "in the flesh" than in the pic! ( Any chance of Henrietta Maria appearing alongside him K&C? )

Cheers!

Roy

Great additions to your collection. This new series sure is great. I'm really thinking of jumping in and collecting these. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Brendan

Good pick up Roy, agree this series is very nice indeed. It is shaping up very quickly as an extensive commitment by K&C. Keep the photo's coming. Robin.

I love PnM and am trying to keep up!

They confuse the hell out of me though when i go to set them up re: who is on which side

Am I right that we only have pikemen on the royalist side (and the King), so far? I know there are royalists coming out soon, but I mean the ones that are currently in stores

I agree, I love Charles! This is by far one of my favorite areas K&C has done! Here are some new ones:

K%26C%20PnM%20Royalists-L.jpg

K%26C%20PnM%20Parlimentarians-L.jpg

and here is why i was asking about the number of Royalists - this hardly seems fair! (excuse the photo as it's from my phone. I was too lazy to bring all the photo stuff to them. I will once the next batch of figures rolls in)....

pnm%20dio-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back