Pike & Musket - my first four (2 Viewers)

In the next release there are 3 Royalist's & 1 Parliament, being flag bearers/drummers. London to a brick the Royalist guns are not far away, so the sides will start to even up. As stated before these 2 armies can be integrated to some degree given they swapped sides in the heat of battle to the winning army, so other than the personality figures, they can be used in diorama's on either side. Robin.

That is so wild and foreign to me that they'd just up and switch! I have to get over it and mix em up! Haha
Thanks

I love PnM and am trying to keep up!

They confuse the hell out of me though when i go to set them up re: who is on which side

Am I right that we only have pikemen on the royalist side (and the King), so far? I know there are royalists coming out soon, but I mean the ones that are currently in stores

General rule is red sleeves are Parliamentarians and blue sleeves are royalists. Photo by John Beardsworth of Sealed Knot

wpid-080505_067058-KelmarshAPJ_OEM3880PK_FBRoyal_PGPP-1239x600.jpg

Terry

Last edited:
Here's my contribution to this thread - ten figures so far and looking forward to getting the rest of the range asap!

Jeff

Attachments

• ECW.jpg
    ECW.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 158
This is to me one of the best new ranges out there by any company. Not much produced in this historical era. Very colorful, well-sculpted and painted. I can see why it is successful. Can't wait to see the cavalry figures before I make a decision on this... :salute::

Appropriate backdrop Jeff, spot on. Gives another dimension to the figures. Robin.

This is to me one of the best new ranges out there by any company. Not much produced in this historical era. Very colorful, well-sculpted and painted. I can see why it is successful. Can't wait to see the cavalry figures before I make a decision on this... :salute::

Agreed! I'm looking forward to seeing Cromwell's Ironsides and Prince Rupert of the Rhine's Royalist cavalry, which I don't think are too far off in the future. So far, I haven't picked any of these up because I still have a few Napoleonic figures I want but this series is coming along quite nicely.
Cheers,
Brendan

Agreed! I'm looking forward to seeing Cromwell's Ironsides and Prince Rupert of the Rhine's Royalist cavalry, which I don't think are too far off in the future. So far, I haven't picked any of these up because I still have a few Napoleonic figures I want but this series is coming along quite nicely.
Cheers,
Brendan

They truly are great figures, and I did say that to Andy when we spoke at the London Show.

If anyone is new to ECW I can recommend this book as a starting point / reference book, it is the main one I use. The English Civil War 1642 - 1651 By Philip Haythornthwaite. ISBN: 1-85409-238-3 There are plenty more, including the Osprey range of course but for someone looking to have a book for a good starting point, this is the one.

ECW is a long overdue subject area imo.

:salute::

Here's my contribution to this thread - ten figures so far and looking forward to getting the rest of the range asap!

Jeff

Great picture Jeff. I am fairly new to the forum but I am loving some of the images I am seeing.

Love the shadow effect too, well done.

Malcolm.

Some pics of the latest Pike & Musket additions I received yesterday.

It's for me hard to imagine the quality on these figures will ever be bettered.

I thought from the release pics that the Cannon would be quite light - (plastic looking.) Wrong! The gun carriage does seem to be made of plastic, but
the Barrel and Wheels I think are definitely metal. It has a satisfyingly "hefty" feel. A lovely looking thing! From a conversation at the K&C stand in
London I understand the forthcoming second Cannon will be finished in red. I have added a pic of the Pike & Musket cannon alongside one of my Charge of the
Light Brigade cannons for size comparison.

Oh and a very Regal Charles is much better "in the flesh" than in the pic! ( Any chance of Henrietta Maria appearing alongside him K&C? )

Cheers!

Roy

Hi Roy,

Great pics of one of my favourite periods of history and favourite new releases from K&C.

As you say, the images / pictures do not do real justice to the figures. I saw them in London and committed to the range in place of my Napoleonic pieces, which is so full it takes over everything else now!

Cheers,

Malcolm.

They truly are great figures, and I did say that to Andy when we spoke at the London Show.

If anyone is new to ECW I can recommend this book as a starting point / reference book, it is the main one I use. The English Civil War 1642 - 1651 By Philip Haythornthwaite. ISBN: 1-85409-238-3 There are plenty more, including the Osprey range of course but for someone looking to have a book for a good starting point, this is the one.

ECW is a long overdue subject area imo.

:salute::

Thanks for the book suggestion. Being Canadian there isn't too much of an interest in the ECW here, so I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge into an area I know very little about.
Cheers,
Brendan

Jeff

I received these earlier this week - this range just gets better and better imho.

Jeff

Attachments

• ECW2.JPG
    ECW2.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 179
Absolute fantastic series. Not my subject but absolute stunning figures. Well done Andy.

Nice additions to your collection! The King's Standard bearer and the Royalist drummer are very well done. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Brendan

Great photos guys, they give me a better idea about the figures than the stock photos. So much so that I have ordered 9 figures and a cannon and will hopefully post some snaps over the weekend :)

Simmo, you will be glad you did! I had little interest in the English Civil War in comparison to other subjects, but I already got both of the newest flags, King Charles, a musketeer, and the cannon. The gun commander and gun crew are next. Charles may be the best so far, but they are all very well done. They have great color and personality.

Jeff

I just can't help myself!...................^&grin

Jeff

Attachments

• PnM 1.JPG
    PnM 1.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 100
  • PnM 2.JPG
    PnM 2.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 100
  • PnM 3.JPG
    PnM 3.JPG