price for king and country (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
Not another post on price debate but, with the retired items saga and, others of a similar nature I was wondering what is the most collectors have paid for a set.

For me, its £205 for the FJ 01 Schwimmwagon to date.
Mitch

I once paid around $340 for the AK029 SL Rommel Desert Grief on EBAY. Go ahead and laugh. :D

As long as you were happy with that and, got the set you wanted then fine
Mitch

I once paid around $340 for the AK029 SL Rommel Desert Grief on EBAY. Go ahead and laugh. :D

$250 U.S. for a retired Matilda...Had bought it at retail and sold it for $200.00, then had buyers remorse...:(Michael

I'm too embarassed to say...but I have paid almost five times retail for retired foot figures that I really wanted and was having little luck finding...thanks Ebay.uk...I think.

Oh...that was before international postage. :mad:

I paid $800 for the Les Miserables set, as it was one of the best glossy sets I had ever seen, and almost impossible to find (only 100 were sold independently of the Hong Kong Theater sales of the set).

For the rarer items, its often much more difficult to simply locate them. The

hunt is often filled with many pitfalls, competition, and other issues far more

difficult then money.:D

I am very patient and always wait for the right price for me (in average $50 for a single retired figure). I only collect Naps though. So far it has worked...:)

For the rarer items, its often much more difficult to simply locate them. The

hunt is often filled with many pitfalls, competition, and other issues far more

difficult then money.:D

It is even more difficult to find retired sets if you are not resident in the US and UK.

Too often, I am at the mercy of my favourite auction platform.:rolleyes:

To boot, there is international postage which can be quite dear.

Bottom Line: this is not an inexpensive hobby.:D

Raymond.:)

Where do you buy in Singapore? If anywhere?

It is even more difficult to find retired sets if you are not resident in the US and UK.

Too often, I am at the mercy of my favourite auction platform.:rolleyes:

To boot, there is international postage which can be quite dear.

Bottom Line: this is not an inexpensive hobby.:D

I paid £400 for winter 88mm +crew;)
Scott

If K/C would release a similar 88mm gun with crew....Collectors would be very happy indeed.....and keep a bit more of their hard earned cash.......Ashamed of what I had to pay for a grey Panzer II and Winter Tiger in my early collecting days......Vowed I would never do that again......If K/C doesn't make it,someone else surely will.....I'm willing to take a different path as is necessary.

Where do you buy in Singapore? If anywhere?

Welcome to the forum, oozlum.

As of today, there is no place to buy K&C sets here.

The Time Machine Studio is no longer listed as an authorized dealer on the K&C website.

There is a new toy soldier shop that will be opening at Centrepoint by end of this year.

The name of the shop is The Soldier's Story and it will stock K&C sets for sale.

I can PM you with further details when the shop opens.

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in this new toy soldier shop.

Last edited:
Paid a fortune for 1 of these (SP012Pontoon Bridge) when i first started collecting and then got one cheaper here in Australia,so now if you are after something just be patient one will turn up sooner or later....................:)

000_1233.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad I have one of the pontoon bridges as its a great set and, unbelievable what it can now command. Too true about being patient though sometimes you just know that set you have liked and fancied for ages is just not gonna go down and, you have to part with a big amount of cash. My wife is really supportive of the hobby and, sometimes worse than I am as I can resist but, she goes and buys the stuff for me anyway.
Mitch

Isold a pontoon bridge for £100 a couple of months ago wish i didnt :(
I got a winter kublewagon + stug for £200 each :D
one winter panther cost £330+ £150:confused:
The motorcycle+sidecars £150 each amazing:eek:
The old winter stuff is excellent:D:D
Scott

Not another post on price debate but, with the retired items saga and, others of a similar nature I was wondering what is the most collectors have paid for a set.

For me, its £205 for the FJ 01 Schwimmwagon to date.
Mitch

Dear Mitch:

I can only advise you as to what others have paid me for some retired K&C sets since I have been selling (on eBay) here & there on eBay going back to 2005 when updating my dioramas. I sold a IWJ11 (Iwo Jima Sherman Tank) for $469 USD in late 2005 or early 2006. I sold a K&C WS019 (W) Kubel Wagen for $455.00 in mid 2005. I sold a K&C LAH036 SS Drummer on White Horse for $499.50 USD in January 2009. I had seen another K&C LAH sell for $511.00 in May 2008, so I came real close to that! Poor enconomy may be keeping K&C retired prices down somewhat on the average since early 2009.

"Iron Brigade"

I think from what has been put on here the early stuff seem sto be keeping the secondary market alive and well.

I wonder if there will be a smuch hue and cry for the stuff now in say five years time??

I IMO really prefer the older stuff
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back