Pub Hopping (2 Viewers)

PolarBear

Major
I received my Britain's Red Lion Inn/Pub #61009 yesterday and I must say it is an awe-inspiring piece and a great example of Ken Osen's miniature architectural skills. What is especially exciting is its versatility and ease of use with a variety of figures and subjects. Originally designed to go with the figures of the Jane Austen Pride & Prejudice series

http://www.wbritain.com/products.cfm?catID=3956

it can easily be adapted for scenes from the 18th C through the present. Additionally, for those of you who are not Britain's collectors (yet!) it makes a great scenic for a wide variety of manufacturers products whether matte or gloss finish. I will be using this thread to showcase how well it works with the variety I have mentioned--hence my title of "Pub Hopping".

Attachments

• 61009-Lo_Res.jpg
    61009-Lo_Res.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 350
So here is my first example using WWII British figures made by King & Country. It is called:

"Constable, I wasn't driving fast, I was just flying low!"

Attachments

• JustFlyLowSm.jpg
    JustFlyLowSm.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 269
Randy...that's a beautiful set up...I love the building...it seems very reasonable for the price...I especially like how you photo shopped out the base of the WAAF Sergeant standing by the window...

beautiful...beautiful...beautiful...:)

Randy...that's a beautiful set up...I love the building...it seems very reasonable for the price...I especially like how you photo shopped out the base of the WAAF Sergeant standing by the window...

beautiful...beautiful...beautiful...:)

Thanks Mike

It came in its own 10lb shipping carton and the box for the pub itself is 16WX14HX12D!

Randy

That's a great photo Randy, I had a similar idea about using the pub with my K&C RAF sets & will prob end up b uying one for my dio eventually!

Craig

Puts me in mind of "The Battle of Britain" :D Nice scene, Randy!

I've always thought that pub could be used for more than just an English village scene. It would work for some of our older towns, too, especially here in the East Coast.

Prost!
Brad

Very nice Randy, I wouldn't mind getting one of these and the Jane Austen figures to make a little scene.

A very beautiful acquisition Randy. You can never go wrong with one of Ken's buildings. This year, Ken is planning on producing some 18th/19th century American buildings under the Hudson & Allen brand and I can hardly wait for them to be available.
:) Mike

Wm. Britain's glossy Redcoats & Petticoats

"Enjoying the Sunshine"

Two officers of the 1st Foot Guards chat outside the Red Lion Inn (a favorite gathering place for the regiment) while Miss Cicely Parsons, the Innkeeper's pretty daughter, goes for a stroll on this beautiful Spring Day in 1760.

Attachments

• RedcoatsRedLionSm.jpg
    RedcoatsRedLionSm.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 167
As usual first class pics. No surprise that I like the RAF one the best
Mitch

John Jenkins French & Indian War era Grenadiers

"You mean to tell me that these two inebriated specimens are the best men you could find to man the recruitment table at the Red Lion."

Attachments

• RecruitersSm.jpg
    RecruitersSm.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 143
As usual your staging and photography are great Randy. It is nice to see the pub used in multiple periods as was envisioned when designed. I hope you will show us more figures from your collection with this inn soon. I would love to add a few more buildings to use with this in the future.
Ken

... When the the men hear the beat to assembly, they sober up and fall in to march "over the hill and far away".
DSCN5186.jpg

"You mean to tell me that these two inebriated specimens are the best men you could find to man the recruitment table at the Red Lion."

Every picture tells a story, just great Randy

Cheers

Martyn:)

They've certainly spent more than their fair share of "The King's Shilling"! :D

I like what you do with your figures Randy, great photos as per usual. :)

Jeff

In the years after the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879, Zulu warriors traveled to England (often for International Expositions) where they were a great curiosity for the British public. Some had their formal portraits in traditional dress taken in British studios. King Cetshwayo came to London in 1882 where he was received at court by Queen Victoria .

"Photographic Immortality or A Pint of Bitters"

Below we see an English photographer about to take one of these documentary photographs of a visiting Zulu Warrior in full regalia, when all of a sudden he bolts for the door of the Red Lion pub looking for a pint of bitters, which he has grown a taste for since arriving in England. Perhaps he will develop a taste for fish and chips too. No doubt with that assegai in hand he won't have any trouble getting good service.

A typical studio portrait of a Zulu Warrior is also reproduced below.

Figures by Wm. Britain & Old Northwest Trading Co.

Attachments

• ZuluPub2Sm.jpg
    ZuluPub2Sm.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 137
  • ZuluPubSm.jpg
    ZuluPubSm.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 138
  • ZuluPortrait.jpg
    ZuluPortrait.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back