Public Service Announcement (1 Viewer)

damian

1st Lieutenant
Trophy of Texas seems to have an interesting AZW set listed on their website.
Regards
Damian

Martyn has just logged off.

Maybe, he is on his way to Heathrow right this minute.

Where's Mike ? He is a lot closer.

I spoke with Mike, and he told me, "The sets are sold." to a lucky collectors, if I remember right one is in the UK and one is in Virginia

I spoke with Mike, and he told me, "The sets are sold." to a lucky collectors, if I remember right one is in the UK and one is in Virginia

I wonder who the collector in the UK is?
What happened to all the extra figures he mentioned. He wanted to flog the whole lot for 3000 USD. From the prices listed theHospital and Storehouse come to 1300 USD. SO where are the rest?

What happened to all the extra figures he mentioned. He wanted to flog the whole lot for 3000 USD. From the prices listed theHospital and Storehouse come to 1300 USD. SO where are the rest?

Mike,

Said he was going to be listing alot of single figures on EBAY in the near future. He was not sure when, but he said soon.

Mike,

Said he was going to be listing alot of single figures on EBAY in the near future. He was not sure when, but he said soon.
For a Texan Mike can sure be obtuse at times.
You have gotta love him though

:D:D:D

Cheers

Martyn:)

Can't be bad can it "Hookey leads 'em out" and "Abandon the Hospital" in the same week:cool:

Great news Martyn and nice to see the Hospital returning to the mother land :) Looking forward to seeing a full blown out Trohpy AZW extravaganza !!! :D :D :D

Great news Martyn and nice to see the Hospital returning to the mother land :) Looking forward to seeing a full blown out Trohpy AZW extravaganza !!! :D :D :D

Thank's Scott, you can count on that;)

Cheers

If we thought Martyn couldn't wait to open the Brit boxes just wait til the "Abaandon The Hospital " arrives in the UK. I'm hoping that you get the original carton in came in with the label on the outside along with it's cetificate signed by Len and the set number. I know you'll be on pins and needels until it arrives my friend:):):)....The Lt.

If we thought Martyn couldn't wait to open the Brit boxes just wait til the "Abaandon The Hospital " arrives in the UK. I'm hoping that you get the original carton in came in with the label on the outside along with it's cetificate signed by Len and the set number. I know you'll be on pins and needels until it arrives my friend:):):)....The Lt.

Hi Joe

How did you know about the pins and needles:)

The set is packed in the original box and then packed in another box. As far as the certificate is concerned I'm not sure, just "over the moon" about the figures and building.

Cheers

Little lat to the thread...
Martyn,
Congrats on wrapping up the needed Hospital. What went on with the ToT website? Was Mike L. selling stuff? How did we find out about it?
Mike

Breaking News !!

The Trophy "Storehouse at the Drift" set just appeared on eBay.

Looks like the 1991 version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trophy-Defence-...oryZ2634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this the same version that was recently sold by Trophy of Texas.

I don't believe this is the same set as I think it went to a guy in Virginia.

That is the same as mine, the early set.

Good luck to the winning bidder, now to see what it sells for

Cheers

What are the main differences between the two sets? Is either version more desirable than the other or rarer? Are the buildings the same. Oh so many questions. Thanks guys.

Brian

What are the main differences between the two sets? Is either version more desirable than the other or rarer? Are the buildings the same. Oh so many questions. Thanks guys.
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
Brian

The Lt has posted some pictures illustrating the differences. The old set had square bases. The figure being shot is taken from Lady Butler's painting of the battle. In the new set he is lying prostrate in the old set he has just been hit. There was no native levy in the new set. The new set aslo had a Michael Caine look alike figure. I think the buildings were exactly the same. I wonder of there are any Trophy completists out there who have both sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back