Quality of Vehicles (1 Viewer)

biker3700

Private 2
Hello.
Can somebody tell me about the quality of the CS Vehicles.
Some people says that the quality is poor and the vehicles fragile.
So I would like to have more information before I buy the M113 from the Vietnam serie.
When I see the fees I have to pay in Belgium to receive a parcel from the US I would like to be sure I make a good purchase.
Thank you for your feed back.{sm0}

Fabien.

I have several pieces of TSC armor in my collection. The Arnhem Tiger I, Stug III, Jagdpanther, Kingtiger and M20, plus many figures. I consider the overall quality equivalent to K&C for both vehicles and figures. I have never received a damaged piece and find the construction robust.

I am a fan, really like all the vehicles. Just bought the Morser gun. Robin.

Attachments

• P8110005.jpg
    P8110005.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 536
  • P4040001.jpg
    P4040001.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 580
  • PA030001.jpg
    PA030001.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 538
  • P2050001.jpg
    P2050001.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 583
I have no issues at all with The Collectors Showcase vehicles.For me they mix well with K&C and TG.

Wayne

Thanks All.

Reassuring to know, i just bought the M113 and the Humvee and i am really excited as these are my first TCS pieces.

How would the CS Sherman look with FL wwii figures? Scale similar?

I have dozens of WW2 TCS vehicles, never had a problem with quality although I know of some collectors saying they had some sets arrive with broken parts. I collect the Normandy German series, these vehicles go well with K & C and TGM figures being on the large size for "1/30" vehicles. Their models do have a number of moving parts that enhances their display options, and dare I say "Playability". Of course this usually means the detail isn't nearly as good as say Figarti and First Legion vehicles, but that is a compromise I'm happy to tolerate.

How would the CS Sherman look with FL wwii figures? Scale similar?

Would be too large imo, best to find a Figarti Sherman or similar if you like your FL figures to be close to scale of your tanks.

I bought the M 113 and I wasn’t thrilled with the quality. I think it could have been made better. The commanders cupola doesn't fit well and the machine gun cowling that's in front of the cupola seems made of plastic. The side machine guns also seem plastic or some inexpensive metal. The rear hatch doesn't close, although I think that is the intent. The stowage also seems made of plastic, but I could be mistaken about that. The scale is also very large.

In addition, the packaging was of the kind K & C used back in its early days; I haven't seen anything like that in years.

I sold it and hopefully First Legion or K & C will make one in the near future.

This is just my opinion and I’m sure there will be many who will like it.

From day one collecting TCS I’ve had a lot of stuff come broken as there stuff is not well packed compared to other companies

I agree with your comment on the packaging; however I have never received a damaged TCS product. The scale of TCS products is 1/28, at least both the figures and vehicles are the same size/scale unlike some other manufacturers. I am sure in the near future First Legion will produce an M113 of superior quality for only $450.00. The tracks and other bits will be plastic too. Plastic and resin are the same materials, one is thermosetting the other is hardened by a chemical reaction in the mold (REM). Thermosetting plastic parts like Polystyrene usually have more detail than REM parts; which is why 1/35 scale models use Polystyrene.

Figarti also suffered from shipping damage to its products. The shipper bears the majority of the blame for shipping damage IMO.

I bought the M 113 and I wasn’t thrilled with the quality. I think it could have been made better. The commanders cupola doesn't fit well and the machine gun cowling that's in front of the cupola seems made of plastic. The side machine guns also seem plastic or some inexpensive metal. The rear hatch doesn't close, although I think that is the intent. The stowage also seems made of plastic, but I could be mistaken about that. The scale is also very large.

In addition, the packaging was of the kind K & C used back in its early days; I haven't seen anything like that in years.

I own a couple of pieces of CS as well as the U-96 U-Boat. Overall quality is good.

I purchased the U96 and it came with a broken part. Having trouble getting a replacement. Not happy with their customer service. Been a few weeks haven't heard back from them. Might be first and last purchase from CS.

Are you communicating directly with TCS or a Dealer? Brian Levy is usually very responsive in solving problems or answering questions.

I purchased the U96 and it came with a broken part. Having trouble getting a replacement. Not happy with their customer service. Been a few weeks haven't heard back from them. Might be first and last purchase from CS.

Are you communicating directly with TCS or a Dealer? Brian Levy is usually very responsive in solving problems or answering questions.

Directly with the TCS Brian Levy. Again I'm not happy!! I've never had this much trouble with any other company or dealer.

Hmm... just sent a replacement conning tower out, was it to you?

Ah ha I have an Idea! Why not contact us rather than users on the forum so we can take care of you or follow up :)

Cheers!

Brian

Hmm... just sent a replacement conning tower out, was it to you?

Ah ha I have an Idea! Why not contact us rather than users on the forum so we can take care of you or follow up :)

Cheers!

Brian
My conning tower was broken. But I haven't heard a reply from you. I used the forum because I couldn't get anymore communication from you.

Thank You Jazzeum. Was about to order the M 113 as a reminder of my four years in country. Will now make my Wife happy I did not order it. Highest Regards and Merry Christmas. Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back