Questions about 29th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show...Hackensack... (1 Viewer)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
I know the show is Nov 6th...Sunday...at the Rothman's Center on 100 University Drive in Hackensack New Jersey...from 9:00AM to 4:00PM...

that's about all I know...I have no idea what to expect...

I hate to sound naive but if a veteran of this show or if a local could help me with some questions...I would sure appreciate it...

1) hotels...what's close and affordable?
2) airport...is Newark EWR the airport I want to arrive at?
3) anything anyone cares to expand on would be greatly appreciated...

I know the show is Nov 6th...Sunday...at the Rothman's Center on 100 University Drive in Hackensack New Jersey...from 9:00AM to 4:00PM...

that's about all I know...I have no idea what to expect...

I hate to sound naive but if a veteran of this show or if a local could help me with some questions...I would sure appreciate it...

1) hotels...what's close and affordable?
2) airport...is Newark EWR the airport I want to arrive at?
3) anything anyone cares to expand on would be greatly appreciated...

Mike,

Hotels - not sure as I live in the area. Tom Dubel is coming and he's staying at one so he may know.

Airport - Newark is the closest.

It's the biggest show in the country outside of Chicago so worth coming. Lots of dealers and rare stuff usually. Richard Walker, John Jenkins, the Osens and Richard Conte have been at past shows.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Brad

Mike,
I am a Marriott guy (I travel about 80% of the time for work), so I am staying in Paramus, NJ about 5 miles away. Also thinking about going to the Toy Soldier Museum open house the day before, but with a 7 year old in tow and step dad , have to make sure don't hit the over saturation point!

TD

And John Jenkins will be at both the show and the toy soldier museum open house the day before. So there's a plus.

Matthew

I recommend it, Mike, I've been going since '91 or '92. It is the best 1-day show in the East Coast. As noted, most of the largest and well-known vendors are there, and most of the manufacturers are repesented in one way or another. For me, this is the bookend at the end of the summer season (our show is the one at the start of the season). There are a couple more shows after this one, but not as big.

Wear your TF badge, so we'll recognize you. Be prepared to spend money, and to spend time visiting with collectors and vendors of all stripes.

And if you have to travel the Garden State Parkway, pay careful attention to the directions. The exits are not the same in each direction, some are only for one direction or the other, and it's easy to miss one.

Bill Lango, the promoter, is a member of the forum, too, (as "William Grey", I think), and you can also visit his site, www.vintagecastings.com to see more.

I look forward to meeting you there!

Prost!
Brad

Hey Mike, see you there... You too Brad, George, and everyone else....

Looking forward to this show and familiar faces. We are finally making it b/c it is not on Halloween!!
I think we might do the Museum open house the day before.

TD

Looking forward to this show and familiar faces. We are finally making it b/c it is not on Halloween!!
I think we might do the Museum open house the day before.

TD

Tom,

Sorry to have missed you and the gang at chicago, but will get the pleasure of seeing you at Hackensack. I will be doing my annual thinning of the collection to keep the wife from divorcing me ^&grin I have put together a list of some old K&C stuff, WS9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18 and some vehicles WS13, 23, 25. Will also be bringing some DD, Arnhem, NV and some other stuff. If there is something you are looking for, let me know. You can't leave the show empty-handed!! See you soon. All the best, Lawrence

Larry,

If you have Alamo you'd be interested in selling, could you please bring some of those?

Thanks.

Brad

Larry,

If you have Alamo you'd be interested in selling, could you please bring some of those?

Thanks.

Brad

Brad,

Funny you should ask. A couple of other Treefroggers have already asked and I will be bringing some to the show. If there is anything else you are thinking of, let me know. Lawrence

Larry,

Thanks. Yes, knights something or other (nice guy) is looking for Alamo (as well as Trophy Alamo).

I will get back to you about any thing else.

Regards,

Brad

Tom,

Sorry to have missed you and the gang at chicago, but will get the pleasure of seeing you at Hackensack. I will be doing my annual thinning of the collection to keep the wife from divorcing me ^&grin I have put together a list of some old K&C stuff, WS9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18 and some vehicles WS13, 23, 25. Will also be bringing some DD, Arnhem, NV and some other stuff. If there is something you are looking for, let me know. You can't leave the show empty-handed!! See you soon. All the best, Lawrence

Lawrence,
Sounds like quite a nice group of items you'll be selling at the show, I'll be sure to stop by and have a look.

You need to thin out the collection every once and awhile because afterall, collecting is a process and you want to be able to give back to other collectors when you've got items you no longer want.

I forget who told me that..............

Lawrence,
Sounds like quite a nice group of items you'll be selling at the show, I'll be sure to stop by and have a look.

You need to thin out the collection every once and awhile because afterall, collecting is a process and you want to be able to give back to other collectors when you've got items you no longer want.

I forget who told me that..............

George,

Look forward to seeing you at the show. Hope Dad will be joining you to make sure no one touches the displays!! As for the quote, so true. Need to make room and need to keep the wife happy :) See you in November. All the best to you and your Dad, Lawrence

George,

Look forward to seeing you at the show. Hope Dad will be joining you to make sure no one touches the displays!! As for the quote, so true. Need to make room and need to keep the wife happy :) See you in November. All the best to you and your Dad, Lawrence

Look forward to seeing you as well and what interesting items you've got for sale, take good care of yourself and I'll speak with you soon................

Myself and the rest of Clan Currahee will be cruising up on the day of the show. My wife takes the gang to NYC typically and I stroll on over there but things didn't work that way this year. Anyway, if you want, you'd be more than welcome to come stay at my house and we can all drive up together- give me a call- probably too late to reroute the ticket to Harrisburg Pa. Save some dough on the hotel fee.

I asked the family a week ago or so if they wanted to go - told them all the hobby big names might be coming- Jenkins, Osen, etc. The response was ice cold. I mention that Lawrence Lo is going to be there and everyone suddenly wants to go and is enthusiastic about toy soldiers- that Lawrence has some kind of strange effect on my family. I think they'd rather have him as a dad/husband!! {sm4}{sm2}{sm2}

Oh and Lawrence, if you come wearing that flight jacket it's on like Donkey Kong!! :D{sm4}

I added an item for the show to the forum calendar, in case anyone likes to use the reminder functionality. It'll show at the bottom of the main page, too, as the show date approaches.

Myself and the rest of Clan Currahee will be cruising up on the day of the show. My wife takes the gang to NYC typically and I stroll on over there but things didn't work that way this year. Anyway, if you want, you'd be more than welcome to come stay at my house and we can all drive up together- give me a call- probably too late to reroute the ticket to Harrisburg Pa. Save some dough on the hotel fee.

I asked the family a week ago or so if they wanted to go - told them all the hobby big names might be coming- Jenkins, Osen, etc. The response was ice cold. I mention that Lawrence Lo is going to be there and everyone suddenly wants to go and is enthusiastic about toy soldiers- that Lawrence has some kind of strange effect on my family. I think they'd rather have him as a dad/husband!! {sm4}{sm2}{sm2}

Oh and Lawrence, if you come wearing that flight jacket it's on like Donkey Kong!! :D{sm4}

Will be wearing the flight jacket - so you can find me ^&grin Will you be dressing up like a tree? {eek3}:tongue:^&grin See you at the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back