Release updates (1 Viewer)

And thanks for that Scott, glad you shared that news and we all know Richard and Ken will be turning out some outstanding figures worth the wait.....and you remember when we were mods in the farm toy forum, sometimes the printed word can get a bit misunderstood..but it is all good here;)

Hi Guys:

We really appreciate the support and comments. In 1993 I went to Hong Kong/China for the first time. Never in 17 years of doing business with China have I seen it as bad as it has been the last 18-24 months. China is going through monumental changes in its industry -from labor to infrastructure the country is maturing. The Economist, Wall Street Journal and Far East Economic Review have all addressed the issue multiple times in the last few months. All that said, it is still possible to have good things made in China on a timely basis. Where I went wrong was publishing a large catalog in January of 2010 that outlined almost our entire year of production, complete with release dates. That will no longer be possible. In 2011 W. Britain will adopt a quarterly approach to our release schedule/catalogs - allowing us the freedom to adapt to changes/delays more quickly and seemlessly.

We really appreciate your patience the last few months, and as some kind members have pointed out - we hope you agree it will have been worth the wait.

See some of you in Chicago I hope.

Richard

I think that is a great post from a manufacturer giving honest answers to its customers and, holding up its hands when things do not go to plan
Mitch

Once again a hearty thanks to Richard Walker for telling us like it is. No smoke and mirrors here.

I really appreciate the straightforward approach!

Dave

I think that is a great post from a manufacturer giving honest answers to its customers and, holding up its hands when things do not go to plan
Mitch

Once again a hearty thanks to Richard Walker for telling us like it is. No smoke and mirrors here.

I really appreciate the straightforward approach!

Dave

DITTO . . . .
:) Mike

What comes after ditto ? Thrice ? :D:D

I like the idea of quareterly catalogues also as we will get surprises throughout the year :D:D

Did anyone post the release schedule, or can tell me where to find it? Thanks

I agree. It's refreshing to get a response like this one from Richard.
They are a great company producing a great affordable product and are willing to learn from rare errors.
I'm still catching up with my Napoleonic's buying so the respite is welcome as far as I'm concerned.
Quarterly release notifications are the way to go in my opinion.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back