Repaint Medical Kubel (1 Viewer)

Guy

Major
I am working on a new Normandy dio. I show you a repaint of the medical Kubel which will be part of the dio .I added the 3th camo colour German red- brown , I removed the red cross decals and repainted the red crosses ( the decals were poorly fixed onto the model) I gave the whole model a good coat of dust. I added the Panzer Lehr logos. Now I am starting to work on the extra details for the vehicle , medical supplies etc ...; Will show you pictures when the dio is finished;
PS: did you notice that the extras in the car : cap, pouch, etc are all 1/35 scale ???
guy:smile2:
DSCI0088.JPG

DSCI0089.JPG

DSCI0090.JPG

DSCI0093.JPG

Guy...

Very nice indeed. I like the camo pattern. Look forward to seeing the finished vehicle and dio. I have my hands on one at the moment which, I was asked to make into a normal Kubelwagon for the desert theatre. I have made a new front seat and, it will have the famous OTTO markings across the doors. I was surprised as you mention to see such small boots and cap in the interior but, they have been removed.

Awesome job Guy, thanks for sharing and Mitch, im looking forward to seeing your AK version. I wouldn't mind getting my TG desert kubel, the new desert kettenrad and the desert krupp truck im getting, converted to normal wehrmacht AK.

Tom

Tom...

Sounds very nice and look forward to seeing them. I am repainting a krupp at the moment to be an additional LAH version with extra figures used from the Hitler staff cars. TG's stuff is really versatile and, a dream to repaint. I am just awaiting the decals. I am not that up on the DAK but, I believe that the OTTO is a vehicle used by Marseille.
Mitch

Awesome job Guy, thanks for sharing and Mitch, im looking forward to seeing your AK version. I wouldn't mind getting my TG desert kubel, the new desert kettenrad and the desert krupp truck im getting, converted to normal wehrmacht AK.

Tom

Guy, I know you hear this all the time, but in the most deserved fashion, here it goes again: congratulations, its wonderful! {bravo}}

Its looking good Guy, look forward to seeing it with your extra touches!

Very nice.

Dave

Love It !....And I love that there are many out there modifying, repainting and weathering, this is not just a collecting of toy soldiers hobby any more. It is also a form of scale Military Modeling, if you prefer this kind of slant on the hobby.

I have found that as much as I have talked up and supported this thinking, I really didn't do much of what I preached. But Nick and I are diligently at work heavily working over many figures and vehicles for upcoming projects. Alex

Love It !....And I love that there are many out there modifying, repainting and weathering, this is not just a collecting of toy soldiers hobby any more. It is also a form of scale Military Modeling, if you prefer this kind of slant on the hobby.

I have found that as much as I have talked up and supported this thinking, I really didn't do much of what I preached. But Nick and I are diligently at work heavily working over many figures and vehicles for upcoming projects. Alex

Can't wait to see the result of your work
guy:)

Guy,

What do you mean with this? Were they coming off? Sounds like a serious quality problem with tg!

They did not come off but there were big air bubbles between the decals and the body of the car, especially on the car doors where you have these ripples ( ribs ) ;That is why I decided to get rid of the decals and repaint them. I like my TS models to be as perfect as possible

They did not come off but there were big air bubbles between the decals and the body of the car, especially on the car doors where you have these ripples ( ribs ) ;That is why I decided to get rid of the decals and repaint them. I like my TS models to be as perfect as possible

There is the same problem with Collectors Showcase............. badly applied decals really bother me. I am trying Solvaset in some cases. And I am seeking new dry transfers or repainting. Alex

Just checked mine they look fine no bubbles.....................^&confuse^&confuse

Normandy dio will be completely ready by the end of next week.
Not sure which title I will give the dio . "Wounded by friendly fire" is one possibility or " He missed one" is another

Will put new dio ( with Medical Kübel) on the forum at the latest on saturday.
Title: "Wounded by a friendly mine" or "he missed one" .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back