Scenes from the HIRIART Workshop (2 Viewers)

Wow Mike - these look stunning - even in their birthday suits!!^&grin

Will they look something like this, when fully "clothed"??

I know that Hiriart don't sell castings - but IF they EVER change their mind - I would be first in line knocking at their door as a Castings customer - and I think a big band and Colour Party of these would be top of my (long) list.

Looking forward to you posting pics of the completed LARGE set. Thanks to all for sharing these pics. jb

JB,

Per your request, here are some photos of the completed two large sets that were commissioned by Bob that he received in February. He also received an add-on set with five extra musicians.

Mike

Attachments

• 100_6401.JPG
    100_6401.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_6402.JPG
    100_6402.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_6406.JPG
    100_6406.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_6407.JPG
    100_6407.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_6408.JPG
    100_6408.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 246
JB,

Per your request, here are some photos of the completed two large sets that were commissioned by Bob that he received in February. He also received an add-on set with five extra musicians.

Mike

Thanks Mike - that's very kind of you:salute:: - and as I expected - they are even more yummy than I thought they might be. Love the white horses of the mounted band - as well as the usual band embelishments of musicians such as different colour plumes, arm decorations etc. There's even my favourite instrument there - a Bombardon (helical coil tuba), wrapped around the torso of the player. They are seriously good!! I would love to paint a nice big band of them.

Another favourie subject of mine - are Cowboys. The Rodeo set you showed for Scott reminds me very much of the old Britains Rodeo set - especially the Cowboy seated on the fence - which is a VERY rare old Britains figure. Again, seriously good. I'm sure he would make a lot more sales IF he ever considered supplying at least some of his sets as unpainted castings, as there are lots of us painters "out there".

Ah well, I can dream I s'pose.

Thanks again Mike - much appreciated. jb

Hello mike,
thank you very much for sharing. Great fun to follow this behind the scene report.
Fantastic collection.
rgds
Wolfgang

Russian Imperial Guard cavalry are beautiful uniforms and some of my favorite subjects too.
Ray

Here are two more Russian Imperial Guard sets that Bob also commissioned: Grodno Hussars and Life Guards. The fourth photo is a mass formation of Bob's Life Guards. The fifth photo has a good rear view of a bombardon.

Attachments

• GRODNO HUSSARS BAND (1).JPG
    GRODNO HUSSARS BAND (1).JPG
    374 KB · Views: 280
  • GRODNO HUSSARS BAND (3).JPG
    GRODNO HUSSARS BAND (3).JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_5572.JPG
    100_5572.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 264
  • RUSSIAN IMPERIAL GUARD HUSSARS GRAND BAND AND REGIMENT a[1].jpg
    RUSSIAN IMPERIAL GUARD HUSSARS GRAND BAND AND REGIMENT a[1].jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 275
  • RUSSIAN IMPERIAL GUARD HUSSARS BAND rear.jpg
    RUSSIAN IMPERIAL GUARD HUSSARS BAND rear.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 280
These are five sets (including a 14 figure musician band) of Russian Imperial Guard Dragoons being armored as part of the current 2016 Hiriart order. In the background on the glass, is an add-on set of WWI German Cavalry wearing stahlhelms and four sets of Balkan War Serbian Infantry, all of which are part of that order.

Attachments

• Armoring Russian Imperial Guards.jpg
    Armoring Russian Imperial Guards.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
These are Russian Imperial Guard 15th Hussars being painted for the current order and at the far left is a set of WWII Slovak Infantry that is further along.

Attachments

• 2016 Order Workshop-2.jpg
    2016 Order Workshop-2.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 275
These are the color plates I sent Hiriart for the Russian 15th Hussars. I mistaken when I said that they were Russian Imperial Guards, they are not. The orange tunic with red pants is really an unusual uniform color combination.

Attachments

• IMPERIAL RUSSIAN 15TH HUSSARS..jpg
    IMPERIAL RUSSIAN 15TH HUSSARS..jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMPERIAL RUSSIAN 15TH HUSSARS.jpg
    IMPERIAL RUSSIAN 15TH HUSSARS.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 271
These are various sets from the pending 2016 order. Front left are set 1244 WWI German Schutztruppe and Askari Afrika on donkeys for Andreas. Next to them are set 1236 Imperial Kaiser Cuirassiers for Brad. To their right are two sets of 1365 Balkan War Greek Bands for Mike S. and Stavros. Behind them is set 1358 WWI Portuguese Colonial Infantry for Andreas, then two non-catalog sets of WWII Dutch Infantry for Bob and me, and behind them are two sets of 1255 WWI Austrians with skis for Julian and me. The five mounted figures, top right, are Rough Riders for another customer.

Attachments

• 2016 Order Workshop.jpg
    2016 Order Workshop.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 292
These are four non-catalog sets of Balkan War Serbian Infantry castings ready to be for painted for Bob, Fred, Julian, and me. These Serbs in their 1912 uniforms would also be correct for the start of WWI in 1914.

Attachments

• 2016 Order Serbs ready to paint.jpg
    2016 Order Serbs ready to paint.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 525
These are two sets of WWII Dutch Infantry prior to metal painting. The other figures are one set of WWI German Schutzentruppe and Askari Afrika mounted on donkeys with two Askari flag bearers not yet attached to their donkeys.

Attachments

• 2016 order WWII Dutch Infantry waiting for metal painting.jpg
    2016 order WWII Dutch Infantry waiting for metal painting.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 519
A rear view of the WWII Dutch Infantry prior to metal painting.

Attachments

• 2016 Order WWII Dutch Infantry 1940 ready for metal painting.jpg
    2016 Order WWII Dutch Infantry 1940 ready for metal painting.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 569
Here are the four Serbian Infantry sets that were castings on December 4th's Post #71 that have been completed and are ready to be boxed. Also shown in front of them is my set of World War I German Cavalry wearing stahlhelms.

Attachments

• 2016 order Serbs Dec.jpg
    2016 order Serbs Dec.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 552
This is the mold for the new palm tree that goes with the new Arabian Dreams Oasis set. The headless figure is the new sculpt for the 1914 WWI Greek Infantry. The Indian on the camel is a new sculpt. The finished figures in the background are Boer War Australian Mounted Infantry.

Attachments

• 2016 Order palm tree mold.jpg
    2016 Order palm tree mold.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 535
I received the attached photograph three days ago of five new prototypes that Hiriart is currently working on:

1) A British officer in gala dress.

2) A Royal Welsh Fusilier at the trail.

3) A World War I German Jaeger at the trail wearing a green tunic and grey trousers.

4) A Greek Evzone in their blue winter uniform.

5) A Greek Evzone in their khaki summer uniform.

I have already have four orders for the new WWI German Jaegers at the trail for 2018. The sets will have an officer, flag bearer, bugler, and six men. The 2018 order also includes orders for eight sets of the Greek Evzones in blue and khaki with two of them in the arms down position (not shown). The Evzone sets will have an officer, flag bearer, trumpeter, and six men.

Attachments

• PROTOTYPES May 2017.jpg
    PROTOTYPES May 2017.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 469
These three photos from Hiriart's workshop show finished sets from the 2017 order on shelves prior to their being boxed. The first photo shows three special order WWII Greek Army Ansaldo CV33 Tankettes and one special order WWII Ansaldo Italian CV33 desert tankette. The second is a special order, circa 1900, Italian Bersaglieri Band. The third is an special expanded double set of the 2nd Regiment Etrangere Parachutistes with 25 figures. Also visible in the right hand corner are figures from the Canadian Mounties and WWI King's Own Liverpool Volunteers sets. Also in the far background is a set of Berlin Infantry.

Attachments

• WWII Greek CV33 Tankettes.jpg
    WWII Greek CV33 Tankettes.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 495
  • Bersaglieri Band 1900.jpg
    Bersaglieri Band 1900.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 488
  • 1222 SPECIAL 2nd Regiment Etrangere Parachutistes.jpg
    1222 SPECIAL 2nd Regiment Etrangere Parachutistes.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 523
Here are nine sets from the 2018 order that have been painted and are waiting to be boxed. They include the new Kriegsmarine parade step set, two sets of Fuzileiros Navis Brasil (marines), two sets of WWI Deutsches Infanterie Infantry in pickelhaubes, two sets of WWI Deutsches Garde Jaeger Bataillon, and two sets of the 13th Franz Josef I Bavarian Infantry.

Attachments

• WORKSHOP READY SETS 2018 ORDER[1].jpg
    WORKSHOP READY SETS 2018 ORDER[1].jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 426
Here are three more workshop photos of sets being made for the current 2018 order, however, there a few sets included that our not part of that order. Most sets are complete, but some are lacking the final gold and silver paint details.

Photo One: From the right to the left, special set 1179 Modern Italian Alpini with skis in white camo uniforms, set 1336 German Westfalische Jaeger Bataillon 1914, Modern Russian Guards, special set 1179 Modern Italian Alpini in summer camo uniforms, set 1200 The Liberation of Paris with De Gaulle, four special sets of 1119 Greek Evzones in summer khaki uniforms, and special set 1119 Greek Evzones in blue winter uniforms. In the rear set 1348 Greek Navy, Balkan War, 1912.

Photo Two: Left, set 1021 The Red Devils Parachute Infantry Band. Right, three non-catalog sets of German Jaegers at the trail, 1914 and set 1106 Elephant with Indian Army Machine Gun Crew.

Photo Three: Right front to rear, set 1068 U.S.M.C. Color Party, Dress Blues; another set of non-catalog German Jaegers at the trail, 1914 and special set 1048 Deutsches Kriegsmarine, parade step. Partially visible top right, two sets of 1154 Deutsches Infanterie, 1914 and two special sets of 1033 13th Franz Josef I Bavarian Infantry.

Attachments

• Workshop Nov 2017 (1).jpg
    Workshop Nov 2017 (1).jpg
    438 KB · Views: 437
  • Workshop Nov 2017 (2).jpg
    Workshop Nov 2017 (2).jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Workshop Nov 2017 (3).jpg
    Workshop Nov 2017 (3).jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 510
Set 1148 Totenkopf Husaren Standing, ready to paint. Behind them on the work bench is the hull of the new Czech LT vz 35 Light tank.

Attachments

• 1148 Totenkopft Husaren castings.jpg
    1148 Totenkopft Husaren castings.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 407

Users who are viewing this thread

Back