Sdkfz 232 Repaint (1 Viewer)

wwiibuff

Lieutenant Colonel
I liked the look of this model, but needed an early war version instead of the DAK, Normandy, or Winter versions offered so decided to convert one to early war grey. I purchased a Normandy version and repainted. I think if CS would occasionally offer a grey version of German armor, they would sell well.

Attachments

• DSC_1225.JPG
    DSC_1225.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC_1221.JPG
    DSC_1221.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_1205.JPG
    DSC_1205.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_1200.JPG
    DSC_1200.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 376
I can't quite make out the name on the vehicle. What did you go with?

Great job!

Duke ,

As I said in your diorama thread...Just an awesome repaint of the Sdkfz 232...!
I know FL has a grey one but very pricey...K&C did a grey Sdkfz 231 a very long time ago...
Would really like to see a Sdkfz 231,232 or 263 done in grey !
Again awesome job Duke !!
:salute::

Joe

Awesome work Duke ! Something about that early war grey that I just love. {bravo}}

Thanks for the comments Joe, Brad, Mike and Bradley.

The decals came from my spares box and are a combination of Tamiya and Bison 1/35. The slogan decal is from a Bison sheet and says "Hau-ruck". I don't know what it means.

Bradley, here's a close look at the decal.

Attachments

• DSC_1160-001.JPG
    DSC_1160-001.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 228
Thanks for the comments Joe, Brad, Mike and Bradley.

The decals came from my spares box and are a combination of Tamiya and Bison 1/35. The slogan decal is from a Bison sheet and says "Hau-ruck". I don't know what it means.

Duke ,

Hau-ruck translated from german means heave-ho

Joe

Brilliant repaint Duke and i agree if they offered more Grey they would sell more.....................:salute::

I liked the look of this model, but needed an early war version instead of the DAK, Normandy, or Winter versions offered so decided to convert one to early war grey. I purchased a Normandy version and repainted. I think if CS would occasionally offer a grey version of German armor, they would sell well.

Great job and idea. I think the early tanks in german grey would be a great hit.

Fantastic job!
To me, the 232's look best in gray and DAK yellow.

The Panzer Grey is just the right shade having been in weather for awhile; very realistic. Great job! The white Balkankreuz are perfect.
I agree with all the comments requesting more Panzer Grey vehicles! Figarti seems to have done the most with the early PK IV and Tiger I. I have recommended that Brian offer his superb Panzer III in Panzer Grey. The figures look excellent beside the Sdkfz 232; perfect size relationship. I believe the early versions by K&C and New Model Army were 1/32 scale. I have the NMA Sdkfz 232 and I like it very much. The detail is excellent and it does not have the bed frame antenna; which esthetically I can do without. Regards

The Panzer Grey is just the right shade having been in weather for awhile; very realistic. Great job! The white Balkankreuz are perfect.
I agree with all the comments requesting more Panzer Grey vehicles! Figarti seems to have done the most with the early PK IV and Tiger I. I have recommended that Brian offer his superb Panzer III in Panzer Grey. The figures look excellent beside the Sdkfz 232; perfect size relationship. I believe the early versions by K&C and New Model Army were 1/32 scale. I have the NMA Sdkfz 232 and I like it very much. The detail is excellent and it does not have the bed frame antenna; which esthetically I can do without. Regards

Thanks. I agree about the Panzer III. I have a Normandy version CS Panzer III and am tying to decide what to do with it. I was planning on using it as is (with maybe some custom weathering) for a Kursk set up. Also, I just recently purchased a CS winter 222 and have spent the last several days painting it as a panzer grey early war version... just finished it up tonight. I had so much fun doing this 232 in grey, decided to do the 222 as well. :)

Thanks. I agree about the Panzer III. I have a Normandy version CS Panzer III and am tying to decide what to do with it. I was planning on using it as is (with maybe some custom weathering) for a Kursk set up. Also, I just recently purchased a CS winter 222 and have spent the last several days painting it as a panzer grey early war version... just finished it up tonight. I had so much fun doing this 232 in grey, decided to do the 222 as well. :)

Duke ,

I look forward to seeing some pic's of your grey 222...

Joe

The Panzer base color was changed to dark yellow by the Kursk battle. The battle of Karkov in March and April of 1943 was a more interesting battle and Panzer Grey was still in wide use. I recently discussed repainting the Collectors Showcase Panzer III for the third battle of Karkov on the CS thread. Panzer Grey and Dark Yellow (Dunkel Gleb nach Muster) were combined in camo patterns at Kursk. I too lok forward to seeing your photos! Regards

Duke ,

I look forward to seeing some pic's of your grey 222...

Joe

The Panzer base color was changed to dark yellow by the Kursk battle. The battle of Karkov in March and April of 1943 was a more interesting battle and Panzer Grey was still in wide use. I recently discussed repainting the Collectors Showcase Panzer III for the third battle of Karkov on the CS thread. Panzer Grey and Dark Yellow (Dunkel Gleb nach Muster) were combined in camo patterns at Kursk. I too lok forward to seeing your photos! Regards

Thanks guys. I plan to take some photos of the 222 later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back