Snow Tiger works for me (3 Viewers)

Received it but found the track work disappointing; all that junk between the tracks :(

I must be looking at a different tank as I don't see the "junk" that you do...................it's wintertime, there's mud and snow on the ground, back in those days, the department of public works did not come by every ten minutes to plow.

I must be looking at a different tank as I don't see the "junk" that you do...................it's wintertime, there's mud and snow on the ground, back in those days, the department of public works did not come by every ten minutes to plow.

they still don't :D :D

I'm sure that you're a K & C dealer has nothing to do with your seeing the junk that's in there :rolleyes: but most likely I chalk it your being misty eyed as you mull over the prospects of Monday's match ;):D

Prior to Honour Bound coming on the scene, every K & C tank looked like that and no matter what anybody said K & C wouldn't do it. Lo and behold, HB comes, they garner a lot of attention, show it could be done, and, voila, we get good looking see through tracks from K & C. Competition is a wonderful thing, isn't it :). Unfortunately, HB has left the scene and K & C has gotten so big that they feel they don't need to do this on some, but not all, of their tanks.

I will grant you that there is a certain cost in making see through tracks and that this tank was probably going to be expensive enough anyway that adding see through tanks might have pushed into a price point to high (how much higher I have no idea) for many collectors, particularly in the economy that we are in.

This, plus the fact that this sculpt doesn't blow me away, is why it will be going back.

The next thing I know is that I'll be told that if I don't like it, I can go form my own company :p

Sorry but, this has been something which has been raised by many people and many have spoken with me about it. This is not knocking K&C for the sake as its a critique of the product but, some have called it ''honeycomb'' some ''muck'' or many other things but, the process that makes these wheels inevitably means that some of the residue on the inside of the track and, to a smaller or larger level around the wheel.

Even the see through ones like the new Grant tank the Panzer IV or, when it started to change the M1O BBA had residue left. If you can't see this or have heard the issues then the rose tinted glasses need a quick clean. The tigers for me don't have this problem as much as other vehicles as they have solid wheels on the majority but, look at the drive wheel and the first runner which, is what will be concerning Jazzeum and, if you have Figarti and HB FL this is not the case and, if your paying top dollar some will want top spec.

You can say its mud or whatever but in reality its not and, in this case its not acceptable should not be a reason why the individual is questioned over his choice to accept it or return the set. Probably get a stern PM for this but, hey ho.
Mitch

Just for a moment ignore the slightly muddy cruddy tracks or whatever and take a look at the rest of this Tiger. The camo painting, the stowage, the logs on the side, the fantastic figures. If you ask me overall K&C is well ahead of the rest. This Snow Tiger is a top notch product right down to the box and brochure.
And I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses either!

I'm sure that you're a K & C dealer has nothing to do with your seeing the junk that's in there :rolleyes:

Me being a K & C dealer really has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, it has more to do with me not seeing it the way you do.

And the Honour Bound tanks were north of 300.00, 400.00, 500.00 in some cases if I am not mistaken, it's hard to remember the exact cost as they have been out of production for a long time.

Their tracks were metal, not resin, metal costs more to use in production that resin, plus they weigh more, which means they cost more to ship to the dealers, who then charge more to ship to the customer, a lose/lose for everyone, you did get a sweet looking track as long as you were willing to pay for it. The fact that Honour Bound stopped making their tanks tells me the average collector was not willing to do so.

True they were superb tanks, but in the end, they stopped making them; why, because of cost, they cost more to make and more to buy, so in the end, they stopped making them.

Like Mitch said, if you don't like it, that is your choice as a collector, so like I told you, send it back to me and I will find another home for it.

Problem solved.

Oh and if the Jets win on Monday, you had better pray to God they don't carry their wrecking ball coach off the field like the final scene from Rudy, with him being north of 400 pounds, ten guys would blow their backs out and be done for the year in the process.......................

Eazy...

I don't think you will see any comments about K&C quality from the wheel base up from me and, the comments about rose tinted glasses is valid as some will not allow any critique. its all well to say the remainder is top notch but, at the end of the day for some it means they have half a decent set and, as has been mentioned by Jazzeum for him, thats unaceptable but, does not mean the issue is not real and can or should be compensated for because the top half is detailed or, should it??.
Mitch

Just for a moment ignore the slightly muddy cruddy tracks or whatever and take a look at the rest of this Tiger. The camo painting, the stowage, the logs on the side, the fantastic figures. If you ask me overall K&C is well ahead of the rest. This Snow Tiger is a top notch product right down to the box and brochure.
And I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses either!

Have to agree here, this Tank is a very nice release indeed, its a quality AFV through and through. For me its right up there with the Spit as one of the best of the year, if people want to take a magnifying glass and try and find a problem the they will, to me its K&C once again showing why they are market leaders and have produced the most popular products for years on end. And before anyone says it, no I'm not wearing Rose tinted glasses either, I am however wearing a very happy smile looking at a great model of a legendary Tank :)

Rob

Me being a K & C dealer really has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, it has more to do with me not seeing it the way you do.

And the Honour Bound tanks were north of 300.00, 400.00, 500.00 in some cases if I am not mistaken, it's hard to remember the exact cost as they have been out of production for a long time.

Their tracks were metal, not resin, metal costs more to use in production that resin, plus they weigh more, which means they cost more to ship to the dealers, who then charge more to ship to the customer, a lose/lose for everyone, you did get a sweet looking track as long as you were willing to pay for it. The fact that Honour Bound stopped making their tanks tells me the average collector was not willing to do so.

True they were superb tanks, but in the end, they stopped making them; why, because of cost, they cost more to make and more to buy, so in the end, they stopped making them.

Like Mitch said, if you don't like it, that is your choice as a collector, so like I told you, send it back to me and I will find another home for it.

Problem solved.

Oh and if the Jets win on Monday, you had better pray to God they don't carry their wrecking ball coach off the field like the final scene from Rudy, with him being north of 400 pounds, ten guys would blow their backs out and be done for the year in the process.......................

The Honour Bound tanks, such as the Panther, which came out in 2005 or shortly thereafter were at the same price point as K & C tanks, maybe a little more expensive. K & C tanks were around $90 to $100 whereas HB was around $109. I have the first HB tank and their tracks stand up to any made by any manufactuer -- then and now.

The ones you are referring to are the Gold Tanks which cost in the neighborhood of $350.

The reason they stopped making their tanks had nothing to do with the collector but the state of the Argentine economy; the cost to make them was not economically worthwhile.

Oh, and I hope if, the Pats win that Bellicheck tries to crack a smile. Don't think the cold will crack that face :rolleyes:

Eazy...

I don't think you will see any comments about K&C quality from the wheel base up from me and, the comments about rose tinted glasses is valid as some will not allow any critique. its all well to say the remainder is top notch but, at the end of the day for some it means they have half a decent set and, as has been mentioned by Jazzeum for him, thats unaceptable but, does not mean the issue is not real and can or should be compensated for because the top half is detailed or, should it??.
Mitch

You'll have probably noticed that I rarely get involved in this type of discussion. Life's too short. At the end of the day I paid my money. I like it and I don't feel I have half a good tank.
It looks really great in my collection and I have plenty of Tigers in pretty much any scale you mention.
I could carry on back and forth posting but wouldn't really have much more constructive to add than that.

The issue of track detail is an old one that has been debated for years. I would like better detail, but that is how K&C does their models.

I've heard it is a cost issue, a breakage issue, or that's just how Andy likes to do them. Maybe it's all three, or something else entirely.

I'm more concerned about how expensive large models have become. And the fact that he put the logs on the wrong side of the tank.

Terry

I didn't mean to ignite an entire debate regarding tracks because as Terry notes "been there, done that." I was voicing my dissatisfaction, for whatever that's worth.

I'm sure mine may be a minority opinion and that most will be happy with the purchase and I have no desire to ruin that pleasure because you should be happy with what you purchase.

Oh, and I hope if, the Pats win that Bellicheck tries to crack a smile. Don't think the cold will crack that face :rolleyes:

He smiles up a storm everytime they win a Super Bowl, all three of them.

Wrecking Ball Rex should win at least one before he declares himself the best coach going, humility goes a long way in life, just ask Chuck Knoll, Bill Bellichick, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, etc, etc,; you know, guys who've actually won a Super Bowl.

Ok, back to muddy tracks, logs on the wrong side (that's a beaut by the way, "I didn't buy the tank because of incorrect log placement", good God), price increases, incorrect scale, etc, etc; all the things that matter in life...........................

I didn't mean to ignite an entire debate regarding tracks because as Terry notes "been there, done that." I was voicing my dissatisfaction, for whatever that's worth.

I'm sure mine may be a minority opinion and that most will be happy with the purchase and I have no desire to ruin that pleasure because you should be happy with what you purchase.

See some might call that post extremely patronising but I'm sure it's not meant that way! :)
But yeah back to logs- Simon's very incisive. The right way must be the wrong way if the right sided log should be a left sided log.
Anyway I'm logging off now. :)

Wasn't meant to be patronising that way James. Not everybody is going to agree on certain subjects, just as George and I don't agree on American football :D

However, deep down, I know George is a big Jets fan ;)

I have this K/C Snow Tiger Tank scheduled to arrive....I hope the tracks are at least "reasonably" well done....hopefully I will not be disappointed with it....To date the "Best Tiger Tanks" I own are Figarti's 1:32....They have metal tracks and are well done... very detailed.....Hopefully Figarti will produce a 1:30 scale Winter King Tiger or Tiger I done to Figarti Standards....By the way...The Jets look like they are for real;)

By the way...The Jets look like they are for real;)

Couldn't agree more Frank, you are right as usual, it took them overtime to beat the 2-9 Lions, the same team the Patriots waxed 45-24, they beat the Texans with a miracle TD, beat the Browns with another miracle TD and beat the Broncos courtesy of a gift interference call on 4th and 6.

Yep, they're for real all right, great observation by you.

Let me know if you have any good stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back