So what do we think is coming for Market Garden? (3 Viewers)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
We know with adevine hint from Andy that is will be XXX Corps....so.........Maybe an Armoured Car with Lt Col Joe Vandeleur, doubt that we will see any tanks!:(Maybe a newer truck seeing as the Bedford is discontinued?;) Or maybe a bedford in a new paint scheme...bit late for that mind?

I think a Morris 15 cwt truck would go down very nicely?:DMaybe a jeep in Guards Armoured Division Markings?:DOr a command jeep with horrocks driving and saluting to soldiers which could be another set of more british ifantry standing preparing to advance, getting kit on and such, or a new british patrol?:D
I would like to see an open back truck with passengers!:D:Cool:
AND TANK RIDERS TOO! CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THEM!:cool:

Nothing. I think the line has not sold well from what I have heard.

Hope not however.

Nothing. I think the line has not sold well from what I have heard.

Hope not however.

I can't believe I'm reading that on my thread:eek:Obviously we have never spoken before mate!:eek:Hi I'm...well....arnhem44mad, extreme lover of Arnhem, Market Garden and XXX Corps but to name a few areas of King and Country sets, also if you read one of the other recent threads you will see that Andy has said that we ARE GOING TO SEE ITEMS SOON! I believe Andy has also said in the past that this line has been one of the most popular ever! :)

Maybe you heard from people who themselves do not like the range....but believe me, it's a keeper!;)

Sorry if my post is a bit presumptious, but most people on the King and Country area of the forum know rather well that I love this range, and that, well....saying that you feel that nothing is going to be released is just not something to say on a thread which is based on of the fact that we are going to get releases!:)

Just my view, cheers lads:)
Scott

Well USA sellers have told me that it did not sell well. I personally do not have proof. However, I love the line...just like the movie...a bridge to far....

I had to make the cut like the battle of the bulge winter...to keep up with my other 8 lines.

No offense...just sharing stateside info!! no ranting or disrespect!!!

Well USA sellers have told me that it did not sell well. I personally do not have proof. However, I love the line...just like the movie...a bridge to far....

I had to make the cut like the battle of the bulge winter...to keep up with my other 8 lines.

No offense...just sharing stateside info!! no ranting or disrespect!!!

Same here mate!:DNo disrespect intended!:DI agreewith you on one particular faction actually: 'Battle of the Bulge', I think that these sets are utterly amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I have countless sets from this range, and 2 small dioramas, I absolutely adore this range!, I was even thinking of selling off all my reenacting gear to make money for the recent american sets!:eek:Reenacting is cool, but the bulge americans are something else entirely!:D:cool:

No disrespect on my part either.

I remember when I first watched the movie in my younger days...a bridge to far.

Out of all the actors...Sean Connery...etc... I was most impressed by the British (I think) Officer with the umbrella that led his men so courageously and was killed...

K&C made this figure...and he is the only Market Garden guy I have....he is the only figure actually on my desk at work...

I was most impressed by the British (I think) Officer with the umbrella that led his men so courageously and was killed...

K&C made this figure...and he is the only Market Garden guy I have....he is the only figure actually on my desk at work...

His name was Harry... and he carried the brolly because he could never remember the password!
'Harry' was based on a real Officer that fought at the Bridge... he carried a brolly because it was 'raining mortar bombs'!

His name was Harry... and he carried the brolly because he could never remember the password!
'Harry' was based on a real Officer that fought at the Bridge... he carried a brolly because it was 'raining mortar bombs'!

Well you have the Duke and Harry....I bow to you!!!

I also remember the wounded in the hospital by the thousands.

I think I will go get the DVD out and plug it in!!! It has been awhile.

At my age the best thing about movies is that you forget them so fast...you can watch them...again...and...again...

Well you have the Duke and Harry....I bow to you!!!

I also remember the wounded in the hospital by the thousands.

I think I will go get the DVD out and plug it in!!! It has been awhile.

At my age the best thing about movies is that you forget them so fast...you can watch them...again...and...again...
and here is one more...

I went in the military because I am too big a fool for anything else.....
Field Marshall Allenby 1899

One of my favorite

and here is one more...

I went in the military because I am too big a fool for anything else.....
Field Marshall Allenby 1899

One of my favorite
I know I got of the subject again.....but who else but Allenby could have held the rains on T.E. Lawrence????

Arnhem44mad...

I suppose that is you a happy chap with Andy's announcement on xxx corp?? I would also think that he would have to do a armoured car with Vandeleur sitting atop, its just such an iconic portrayal of the movie we all love and Andy has stated he drew inspiration from. I think trucks and half tracks may be though, you may get a xxx corps firefly!!!

Either way I don't think this is anything other than a range that will be around for a while contrary to some opinions on here and, would venture a guess that if you were asked what range is synonomous with K&C market Garden would be in the top three
Mitch

Hey Arnhem44mad,
Don't fret. There are a lot of us who are eagerly awaiting the next set of releases in the Arnhem series. I've collected every piece from the operation Market Garden series and hope to see more. One of my favorite battles as well. I was fortunate enough to walk some portions of the Arnhem Bridge/battlefield while I was stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army in the late 80's. There were a few of us who watched "A Bridge Too Far" as kids and said let's tour some battlefields on Uncle Sam's dime. I've tried as well to keep up with anything book or movie related to the battle. There is a somewhat new photographic book on the battle called Retake Arnhem bridge. Have you seen this yet?

From my end, I'd like to see more German Armoured car releases for this battle. More Bridge related battles would be great.
Maybe a SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer V.Grabner figure with his SS Recon Battalion and the failed attack across the bridge.

How about a Red Devil's flamethrower set that attacked the Bridge at the start of the battle? The list could be endless.:)

Hey Arnhem44mad,
Don't fret. There are a lot of us who are eagerly awaiting the next set of releases in the Arnhem series. I've collected every piece from the operation Market Garden series and hope to see more. One of my favorite battles as well. I was fortunate enough to walk some portions of the Arnhem Bridge/battlefield while I was stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army in the late 80's. There were a few of us who watched "A Bridge Too Far" as kids and said let's tour some battlefields on Uncle Sam's dime. I've tried as well to keep up with anything book or movie related to the battle. There is a somewhat new photographic book on the battle called Retake Arnhem bridge. Have you seen this yet?

From my end, I'd like to see more German Armoured car releases for this battle. More Bridge related battles would be great.
Maybe a SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer V.Grabner figure with his SS Recon Battalion and the failed attack across the bridge.

How about a Red Devil's flamethrower set that attacked the Bridge at the start of the battle? The list could be endless.:)

I haven't seen it yet mate!:eek:Is it good? Iove looking at old black and white pictures, I have countless photos of XXX Corps in Black and White on my laptop!:D:cool::eek:
I went on a battlefield tour with Leger Tours to Arnhem and it took us along the road which XXX Corps took and it was spectacular to see the distance they went!:eek:

I would like to see some American Operation Market Garden paratroopers, however I don't think that they will be in this release, I think that there will be within the next three waves of Market Garden releases, But I think next year we will see two waves of releases spreadover 2 months!:D:cool:
So maybe 2012 0r late 2011 For American MG paras?:D

Arnhem44mad...

I suppose that is you a happy chap with Andy's announcement on xxx corp?? I would also think that he would have to do a armoured car with Vandeleur sitting atop, its just such an iconic portrayal of the movie we all love and Andy has stated he drew inspiration from. I think trucks and half tracks may be though, you may get a xxx corps firefly!!!

Either way I don't think this is anything other than a range that will be around for a while contrary to some opinions on here and, would venture a guess that if you were asked what range is synonomous with K&C market Garden would be in the top three
Mitch

Hey man!:DI am over the moon!:DI had a small feeling that in this range we would only see paras, but Andy has spoken, and we are getting them!:D:cool: previously released Firefly works perfectly well with Arnhem as it is the Irish Guards Division, which played a key role in XXX Corps!:D
I would love to seea british halftrack and trucks!:D
The Vandeleur armoured car is a sure set but, would be amazing to have s model of that, it would go straight into my diorama!:D:cool:At the front!:Cool:

I'm actually in the process of ordering it here in the states. It's the illustrated history of Kamfgruppe Knaust during the battle, taken by a German Soldier in the unit. 168 pages, 200 plus photographs. Apparently limited to 1000 copies.
There's are seller here. Aberdeen books that has copies. I think it comes out of Australia where the authors are located. Saw copies on Amazon.com uk but I think their out right now.

One of my favorite books is the two part Market Garden Then and Now series. All kinds of great photgraphs. :)

It's entirely possible it may not be a huge seller in the US but I'll bet it does well in England. I don't think Andy would bother with more issues if it didn't.

As for me I have most of it, space being the limiting factor, not to mention that I have almost all of the original Arnham range, the only pieces I'm missing being the Jeeps. Just picked up the soldier on the stretcher at Hackensack.

It's entirely possible it may not be a huge seller in the US but I'll bet it does well in England. I don't think Andy would bother with more issues if it didn't.

As for me I have most of it, space being the limiting factor, not to mention that I have almost all of the original Arnham range, the only pieces I'm missing being the Jeeps. Just picked up the soldier on the stretcher at Hackensack.

For me the MG Jeeps have been a big let down with wrong guns + over the top with kit & think a Stripped jeep with no figures would be better :eek:

For me the MG Jeeps have been a big let down with wrong guns + over the top with kit & think a Stripped jeep with no figures would be better :eek:

Are right mate!:eek:I love the jeeps, I would much rather have these jeeps than re-releases of the older ones!:D:Cool:

I think with regards to the first two MG jeeps, we payed for what we got, and what we got was highly detailed beautiful scuplted items!:D:cool:

One of my goals was to get the old recce jeep, but I doubt that I will ever be able to get it now, but I personally find those older jeeps really bland, but it was at a time when toy sldiers in matt were still very new, but I think the new jeeps are simply amazing!:D:cool:

I was actually referring to the original 1994 Jeeps. Those I will never get unless some angel comes down and gives me one :eek: Fat chance of that! :(:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back