Some very sad news re John Staniforth AKA Johnnybach - (1 Viewer)

Sandhurst39

Private 1st Class
Dear Treefroggers,

It is with much sadness that I have learned that John passed away at the weekend after a long battle with cancer. John was a true gentleman, great friend and passionate collector and highly skilled painter of toy soldiers. I know he will be greatly missed on this forum, and by all those who were lucky enough to have known him. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.

His wife Lorraine has asked me to post this message on her behalf:

"" Hello to all who knew Johnny Bach John Staniforth.

Sadly John Died on 16th November.........at home.
I would like to thank all on his behalf for all your kind interest in his work.

He spoke often of all his contacts and admired all your works.

This was the most enjoyable hobby he had ever had, ,in a space of 25 years he has a
collection of Knights on Horseback , Marching Bands, War soldiers, etc.,, he also liked bringing back to life figures that were past their best
in fact hundreds/thousands of them.

Sadly that's all at an end.

Thank you to all
Kindest Regards

Lorraine Staniforth."

I’m very sorry to hear that. He was a passionate collector and maker and painted some very fine figures. I enjoyed his posts, comments and stories and he will be missed.

Please pass my condolences to his wife Lorraine, family and friends.

Brad

Ugh! Very sad new indeed. My most heartfelt condolences to the family.

Very sad, the man was an artist and will be missed. Condolences to the family.

I have always most impressed with John's work and this Forum has been privileged to see the recreations he has show us over the years.

he will be missed,

John

Such terrible news! I will miss his painting and discussing various issues with bringing broken soldiers back to life!

Dave

I was just thinking that JB hasn't posted in awhile, then I see this. So very sad. He was a good guy. I remember when he'd say "Injun", found out it was wrong and from then on would say Native American.

Aw jeez, another good trooper gone from our midst. His work was much admired and he was an inspiration to us all.

Bosun Al

Very sad to read of John’s passing.

John was always supportive of those who were willing to have a go at repairing and repainting old figures and made some beautiful work himself.
His long threads concerning the bands he created are a testament to his work and the research he put into his figures.

RIP John,

Scott

So very sorry to hear this sad news. John was a great member of this Forum and will be sadly missed

My sincere condolences to his family

Martyn

Aside from the collecting side of this hobby forum, John was an enthusiastic and witty player in the song title game. A great music buff.

My condolences to his family.

Steve

Very sad news indeed! Apart from a very nice person, John was a real asset to the forum with his painting threads and will be greatly missed.

My sincere condolences to his wife and family.

Jeff

I am really sorry to hear that - John was very supportive when I started Imperial Miniatures and brought out sets from AQM.

Mike

I always loved to see his amazing work and hear what he had to say. He had tremendous talent for giving figures a new life, and I can only assume he was as kind a colorful a man in the rest of his life as he was on here. He will be sorely missed, and I would life to offer his family and friends my heartfelt condolences.

Sandor

This is very sad news.I really enjoyed his posts on restoration and re-painting.Really liked his restorations of old metal Britains farm animals-"Down on the Farm".A sad loss to the hobby and this forum.

Sad news indeed, I loved looking at Johns repairs. Condolences to his family

regards

Brian

This is truly sad news. JB's postings and love of crafting and restoring toy soldiers were always a delight to follow. I shall miss his cheery presence on this site.

Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back