Song Title Game (9 Viewers)

Whoops - make that - JUST Walking in the Rain. (Had a rethink on the title -but still includes THE of previous).

johnnyray.jpg

Baby Blue - Freddie Starr and The Midnighters

Yes that is the same Freddie Starr :wink2:^&grin

Am I Blue - by many people - my favourite being the Ray Charles version, recorded at The Newport Jazz Festival in 1959. - just MAGIC! jb

Actually - It's on this album - which I bought on CD from Amazon - last month - to replace my old vinyl, which I bought in Cardiff in 1960! It has been knackered for years - so was delighted to find it - Brand New - and get this £2.99. I'm sure I paid more for it than that - in 1960!

Ray_Charles-The_Genius_of_Ray_Charles_-Atlantic-_album_cover.jpg

Last edited:
Am I Blue - by many people - my favourite being the Ray Charles version, recorded at The Newport Jazz Festival in 1959. - just MAGIC! jb

Actually - It's on this album - which I bought on CD from Amazon - last month - to replace my old vinyl, which I bought in Cardiff in 1960! It has been knackered for years - so was delighted to find it - Brand New - and get this £2.99. I'm sure I paid more for it than that - in 1960!

Ray_Charles-The_Genius_of_Ray_Charles_-Atlantic-_album_cover.jpg

In old (real) money that LP would have cost 32/6 in 1960, about £25 now ^&grin

Back to the songs

Don't make me blue - The Warriors

A friend of mine and myself - used to go to a Record shop on Charles Street, Cardiff - often in our lunch break. The owner of the shop would play us tracks from American albums that you just couldn't get in the UK at that time. (He had a contact in NY - who would post over the albums) - and that's how I obtained this one - and "Yes Indeed", by Ray - which I got at the same time. My pal and I paid off our record bills - in installments of 2/6d per week!!! I think that the pair of us must have had the ONLY recordings in the UK at that point of Ray charles, as his big UK hits were yet to come.

Ray has remained a favourite singer of mine - ever since. jb

The shop ( and Street) are long-gone now - but I can still remember the excitement of the music at that time - when I was just seventeen!{sm3}

Almost forgot

I chose to sing the blues - Ray Charles

I Can Sing A Rainbow - The Dells

For me it was Reddings Records in Clapham Junction, SW London. This shop introduced me to US soul music and Jamaican Blue Beat around 1963, I was very young, must have been around 5 years old :rolleyes2:^&grin

Dancing Party - Chubby Checker

You realise this thread is stopping me Cruisin', or more importantly reading my ILN ^&grin :salute::

Life Ain't Nothing but a Party - by Party

especially when you collect TS! jb

Hope you aren't the one going past with top down and stereo going full blast! You could also let the chauffer drive - whilst you can read the ILN.

Last edited:
Sunshine of your love - Cream

Had to be a sunshine record after driving around in it ^&grin I'm far to considerate to annoy anyone with my 60's Soul Music and by the way it's the chauffeur's day off:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back