Spot the Mystery Vehicle (1 Viewer)

King & Country

Registered Member
Hi Guys,

I know some of you like little competitions… So here’s one…

Take a look at these little pix of parts of an upcoming K&C German fighting vehicle…

The Question is… Exactly what vehicle is it? The full technical description please, for instance “Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. L” as an example.

K&C are releasing two different paint versions of the same vehicle (summer and winter) plus two different crew sets to go with it.

Only one entry per Treefrogger (otherwise it gets too easy). Please post the answer as a reply to this thread. The first Treefrogger with the correct answer will be the winner.

The winner will get his (or her’s) pick of the two vehicles as a prize along with a little surprise gift from yours truly.

Start putting on your thinking caps and hazard a guess!
Best wishes and happy collecting!
Patrick

P.S. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 30 June, 2009

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 666
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 663
The:D.......Sd.kfz.250/1 Leichter Schutzenpanzerwagen
WS121

And the FlakPanzer?:D

Oh right:eek:

Upcoming sets:eek:

I think it's a type of Hanomag:D:p

Sd.Kfz. 251/17 Flak Gun ?:D
251/22 Half Track with Pak 40?:D

Hi,

I think its a Sd.kfz 251 D and that in different versions. ;)

Best wishes

was going go with pakwagen but arnhem bet me to it so I'll go with this one Sd.kfz.251/20 Ausf. D Uhu (Owl)

What if it's a trick question, and it is a model of a Sd.Kfz. 251 normal Hanomag pulling a Pak40 or something?:D

hanomag whit pak 40 for the summer sd.kfz 251/22
hanomag ausf.d sd kfz 251/1 for the winter .

richard:cool:

I presume in this 2 pics there is some clue that leads to the solution..i'm working on it..;)

Andy

I guess the only way to get outside the pack with a "complete correct answer" would be :

SdKfz 251/20 - Ausf. D -"Uhu" - WITH SEARCHLIGHT !

How about that ! :D

An Sd Kfz 251/1 Mittlerer Schutzenpanzerwagen (Wurfrahmen 40) Ausf D.

The vehicle has the characteristics of an Sd.Kfz.251.

The Camo would indicate an Ausf C or D - earlier models would have been feldgrau. And beginning with the Ausf C, tools were moved to the front part of mudguards from the upper rear sides, as shown in the first clue picture. So it is not likely an Ausf A or B

Two camo schemes but no Afrika Korps? The Afrika Korps surrendered befor the Ausf Ds were produced. Also in Ausf D the air intakes were under the engine side armor (first clue photo) and stowage boxes were permanently fitted to the sides replacing the mudguards (2nd clue photo).

I am pretty certain it is an Ausf D, but have no clue as to what variation of equipment/gun is on it. I would have to guess a basic Mittlerer Schützenpanzerwagen Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf. D

Andy, since this is a worldwide competition, I hope you are making an allowance for time of guess (i.e. first correct) by time zone, or giving multiple prizes for first correct in Asia, Oceana, Europe and America?

I have to try :D

Terry

Andy

I guess the only way to get outside the pack with a "complete correct answer" would be :

SdKfz 251/20 - Ausf. D -"Uhu" - WITH SEARCHLIGHT !

How about that ! :D

It appears great minds think alike:D A complete correct answer though would be
SdKfz 251/20 - Ausf. D -"Uhu" - WITH INFRARED SEARCHLIGHT !:D:D

Andy, since this is a worldwide competition, I hope you are making an allowance for time of guess (i.e. first correct) by time zone, or giving multiple prizes for first correct in Asia, Oceana, Europe and America?

I have to try :D

Terry

Good luck with that Terry but I think your a bit to late if it is in fact the basic version. That was my initial guess but as Fat Boy had already named I went for the rocket firing version in case the fuel can type thing pictured on the side of the Winter version was actually a wooden frame for the rockets.

Ok..i 'd try..sure is a Sdkfz.251 ausf.D , my findings about the tool on the side bonnet lead to nothing in particular and the little part right above in the winter version pic could be the radio,i think that in the pics posted the superior part can not be watched because it reveals the type (and so it has some bulky thing, it's not an ordinary sdkfz.251) so i 'll go for a Sdkfz. 251/9 Ausf.D Mittlere Schutzenpanzerwagen (7.5 cm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back