Spot the Mystery Vehicle (2 Viewers)

Guys whats the version of the 251 with the rocket launchers on the side?

Rob

Some 251/1 were fitted with 280 mm or 320 mm Wurfkoerper rockets as a field modification for close support with these mounted on firing frames on the sides of the vehicle. Because it was only a field modification, it was not given an individual Ausf. version number. It was known as the 251/1-II - Rocket Launcher ("Stuka zu Fuß" (Walking Stuka) or Wurfrahmen 40).

Terry

Thanks Terry,thats what i was thinking of.I think this would be an excellent release.

Rob

Thanks Terry,thats what i was thinking of.I think this would be an excellent release.

Rob

It would not need to be a release. It could be done as an add-on to the sdkfz 251/1. They could just clip on the sides like the real ones.

Andy, if you use this idea I would like a royalty of one free vehicle. :eek:

In fact, it is possible to make one detailed 251/1 with revealed mounts for several of the variations.

Terry

Last edited:
It's clearly a post war Czech OT-810 from Andy's new range "The Cold War" ;):D

Guys whats the version of the 251 with the rocket launchers on the side?

Rob

Rob, what I said in post #14. Btw, if the new set is just a basic 251/1 Ausf D then I guess I'm half right :rolleyes: It makes sense to me anyway, maybe I'll get half a prize - If so, I want the bottom half :cool:

Whatever Collector Showcase is releasing.......:eek:Michael

Nah, that never happens, does it?

If it does, my guess is that Andy beats Brian to market but heck, we're all just guessing anyway aren't we? I wonder what Brian thinks it is.

Carlos

Andy: Here's my guess:

SdKfz 251 Mittlerer Schutzenpanzerwagen

Noli-Poli (N-P)

I'm going to guess that the vehicle is a SdKfz.251/20 Uhu (Owl) half-track with 60cm infra-red searchlight.

So many versions of the 251 were done. The guess were pretty complete so far. so ....

How about a mittlerer Schützenpanzerwagen Sdkfz 251/10 Ausf. C?

Ken

Attachments

• sdkfz 251-10.jpg
    sdkfz 251-10.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 262
Already said by me John...:)seems to me that the italians think all the same things!!!

I think its a Tucker! Here's a picture I "borrowed" from Andy's facebook page:D I told him not to leave his computer on all night!:D

Attachments

• tucker-cars-1.jpg
    tucker-cars-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 215
Does anyone know when the mystery vehicle will be released?.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back