Stalingrad 1942-43 (1 Viewer)

Trying to get the engine started on one of the remaining operational Opels.

2012_1_22_DSC_0746a_small.jpg

Another amazing photo Frank. It looks as cold and snowy in that picture as it actually is here in Wisconsin. I am shivering enough . . . your photo makes me shiver even more . . . . .
:) Mike

Thank you all for the positive comments.

Dawn, August 24, 1942, west bank of the Volga:

An Sd.Kfz.232 heavy armored car from Kradschützen-Bataillon 16 pauses as members of its crew peer east out over the endless asiatic steppe. Two days prior they had crossed the Don.

2012_1_1_DSC_0009_small.jpg

2012_1_1_DSC_0009a_small.jpg

Situation August 22 1942. The 16 Panzer-Division was going to be the spearhead of an attack from the Don bridgehead to the Volga. On this day units crossed the Don into the bridgehead on the east side of the river.

22-Aug-42South.jpg

Situation August 23 1942. 16.Panzer-Division is successful in reaching the Volga north of Stalingrad. 3. Infanterie-Division (mot) follows behind in order to hold open the corridor.

23-Aug-42South.jpg

Situation August 24 1942. 60. Infanterie-Division (mot) joins the other two divisions in securing the corridor.

24-Aug-42South.jpg

These photo's are absolutely unreal! Well done mate, i would be stoked if i could produce something like this....

Tom

Beautiful Photographic Work, as usual Frank{bravo}}{bravo}}........First Legion Stalingrad:The ultimate in realism for WWII Toy Soldiers.

Frank,

I agree super dio. I don't have any First Legion in my collection BUT that is about to change. {bravo}} Ron

Hi Frank ,
A very nice composition{bravo}} you really captured the bitter cold . I really like the Snow you used and the way you created the tire tracks and foot prints the snow placement is very COOL ^&cool . Only question would be why is the Soldat on the left sitting in the snow {eek3} . Great work and thanks for sharing .. Regards Gebhard

Thanks guys.

The snow is JG Miniatures and I've been really happy with the way it looks in scenes. Gebs, the sitting figure is on a curb (not visible) but he is definitely not going to stay warn that way. :D

Amazing display. Just when I thought you couldn't surpass your recent photos, you blow me away with a perfectly manicured snowfall.

Terry

Yes Indeed....Quite an amazing display{bravo}}{bravo}}.....Very Realistic.....Excellent Photos.....Always superb...Always appreciated. Thank you for posting.

OOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSS

The Ruskies are back.....what great action photographs my friend, good to see these Russians in action....Are you going to buy the Russian Sniper the greater Vasily Saitsev?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back