Stalingrad 1942-43 (1 Viewer)

Frank.... BSP has to go back to our original idea. This project is yours, and we feel funny cutting in on it. Your work is unique and you have vast knowledge of this subject matter.

I don't think we add anything, and I don't want to breed a sense of competition. This is yours and it is excellent.......We will watch with great interest.

If we do future Eastern Front Projects, we will post them under Battle Scene Productions in the Diorama Section

Keep up the excellent work
Alex

Sorry to hear that Alex. I wouldn't classify this thread as a project, merely a place for collectors to post pictures of their Stalingrad collection and discuss the battle. It was definitely never my intent to make this a place where people felt they were in a competition.

Perhaps at some future point, once there are enough pieces in this range we can collaborate on a project thread in the DioDrama section of the forum.

FMETHORST
Perhaps at some future point, once there are enough pieces in this range we can collaborate on a project thread in the DioDrama section of the forum.

YES WE CAN !

Soviet infantry attack! In the confined industrial terrain the mobility and range advantage of armor is largely negated. Note the AT team carrying a PTRS 41.

2011_11_19_DSC_0055a_small.jpg

2011_11_19_DSC_0055b_small.jpg

Soviet infantry attack! In the confined industrial terrain the mobility and range advantage of armor is largely negated. Note the AT team carrying a PTRS 41.

2011_11_19_DSC_0055a_small.jpg

2011_11_19_DSC_0055b_small.jpg
Outstanding! This is one terrific dio. Love the burning Mk.III. -- Al

Another incredible photo Frank. The fire and smoke effect really make the scene believably real . . . .
:) Mike

Frank ,
That looks GREAT even buy your standards , I like they more gritty look to this one . Thanks for sharing Regards Gebhard

WOW Frank!!!! Really spectacular scene. I really feel like I am looking at the battle of Stalingrad. I will be coming back to view this one a few more times.

Thanks guys.

It had been a quite some time since I'd done a battle scene with lots of rubble like the shots at the beginning of this thread so I wanted to try one again. I managed to track down a variety of digital effects (fire, explosions, ground bursts etc.) that I really wanted to experiment with as well.

Very nice. The effects create a great scene and, I really like the rubblestrewn ground
Mitch

Hey Frank

I notice you are getting a little bit down and dirty with this set of pics, are Nick and I starting to rub off on you a bit ! ^&grin .... I like them, your best yet. Alex

Alex, one idea that can be done with existing figs/vehicles is the river crossing at Aksai. I don't have a scanner at the moment, but there's a well known group of photos of (probably 6PD) a whitewashed PzIII crossing a very short pontoon bridge...only about two tanks lengths of bridging. It was a very narrow river. The pose of the FL cupola figure is nearly identical to the real pose in the photo. In other shots, there is a truck behind the PzIII getting ready to go on the bridge as the PzIII is getting off. The FL PzIII, Opel, PSW232, some of the 150 arty crew can work in this.

Alex, one idea that can be done with existing figs/vehicles is the river crossing at Aksai. I don't have a scanner at the moment, but there's a well known group of photos of (probably 6PD) a whitewashed PzIII crossing a very short pontoon bridge...only about two tanks lengths of bridging. It was a very narrow river. The pose of the FL cupola figure is nearly identical to the real pose in the photo. In other shots, there is a truck behind the PzIII getting ready to go on the bridge as the PzIII is getting off. The FL PzIII, Opel, PSW232, some of the 150 arty crew can work in this.

Thanks for the research...By the way of you want to move West for a while, Episode III of The Great Crusade is out. Check the Battle Scene Productions thread in the Dioramas section below. Let us know what you think. Alex

The moment of firing for a 15cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 (s FH 18)

2011_11_27_DSC_0073c1_small.jpg

It just gets better and better with you Frank . . . . BRILLIANT!
:) Mike

Frank ,
That is excellent {bravo}} Thanks for sharing .. Regards Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back