Stalingrad 1942-43 (3 Viewers)

Thanks. Never would have guessed. Do you know why it would be important to show the towing status?

Thanks. Never would have guessed. Do you know why it would be important to show the towing status?

When approaching a truck head on, it may not be possible to see the trailer and the towing indicator warns not to cut in behind the truck too quickly as you pass it. Especially on narrow roads and at night. And on curves to give room in case the trailer swings around or the truck driver makes a wide turn to allow for the extra length.

Terry

When approaching a truck head on, it may not be possible to see the trailer and the towing indicator warns not to cut in behind the truck too quickly as you pass it. Especially on narrow roads and at night. And on curves to give room in case the trailer swings around or the truck driver makes a wide turn to allow for the extra length.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Gee I learnt a new one today....I have to say I always saw the triangle on the Opel Truck and never knew what it was used for!!!! My ignorance has been bridged.........
Regards,
Luiz

The yellow triangle is fixed in the up position.

Last shot from this session.

2011_11_5_DSC_0038_small.jpg

Great shots Frank you are a very talented man. Thank you for posting your amazing photo's for all of us to enjoy, your are an invaluable asset to this forum.Mike B.^&grin

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Today I'm featuring the original FL AFV, the Stug III Ausf.F/8.

A Stug from Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 245 skirts along the west side of the Don river just north of Kalach in September 1942.

2011_4_4_DSC_0076a_small.jpg

Frank, your blending from foreground and background is perfect. Totally amazing.

I suspect that in this picture, you had to adjust the green tones so that the Matt and the background photo match.

Frank, your blending from foreground and background is perfect. Totally amazing.

I suspect that in this picture, you had to adjust the green tones so that the Matt and the background photo match.

Agreed 100%....

Another absolutely stunning photo Frank. Jaw dropping to say the least . . . .
:) Mike

Thanks guys.

When blending foregrounds with backgrounds it is not uncommon that I will adjust the overall hue of one or the other. Sometimes I will adjust both slightly so they meet in the middle. The primary color I adjust is blue as this controls the warmth of an image and this is followed by red. In this case I increased the blue level slightly of the background image. As an aside, I also removed the modern Kalach road bridge from the background image.

The yellow triangle is fixed in the up position.

Last shot from this session.

2011_11_5_DSC_0038_small.jpg

Another superb photo.....Excellent as usual Frank....Thank you...always look forward to your dio's....What did you use for the snow on truck?

A Stug from Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 245 skirts along the west side of the Don river just north of Kalach in September 1942.

A really superb shot, Frank. I enjoy the depth. -- Al

Another superb photo.....Excellent as usual Frank....Thank you...always look forward to your dio's....What did you use for the snow on truck?

Thanks

The snow I use is from JG Miniatures.

Very Very nice Frank.

The digital processing of these photos is a very often understimated factor in this hooby - including me. I therefore really appreciate your comment, Frank.

I may point out that your use of processing enhances the photo quality, but does not lead to an overpowering of the photo.

Why don't you consider giving a course on digital processing for model photographers? Either on the West Coast or through a net sharing like netmeeting ....

The digital processing of these photos is a very often understimated factor in this hooby - including me. I therefore really appreciate your comment, Frank.

I may point out that your use of processing enhances the photo quality, but does not lead to an overpowering of the photo.

Why don't you consider giving a course on digital processing for model photographers? Either on the West Coast or through a net sharing like netmeeting ....

Thanks. I'm still learning as well. When I go back and look at early attempts I find all sorts of things that I do differently today. When it comes to photo editing (not just miniatures) I really do believe "less is better".

As for a course, if the step by step thread I posted on Digital Image Editing is any indication it would be quite time consuming. Maybe one day. In the interim feel free to ask questions.

Frank.... BSP has to go back to our original idea. This project is yours, and we feel funny cutting in on it. Your work is unique and you have vast knowledge of this subject matter.

I don't think we add anything, and I don't want to breed a sense of competition. This is yours and it is excellent.......We will watch with great interest.

If we do future Eastern Front Projects, we will post them under Battle Scene Productions in the Diorama Section

Keep up the excellent work
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back