Steadfast (1 Viewer)

(Reviving an interestign thread:))

My son (now middle-age) has a pretty good collection of Steadfast soldiers thanks to his indulgent parents. He wisely saved many of the boxes the sets came in but not all of them! Is there a catalog (with pictures) that has a complete list?

(Reviving an interestign thread:))

My son (now middle-age) has a pretty good collection of Steadfast soldiers thanks to his indulgent parents. He wisely saved many of the boxes the sets came in but not all of them! Is there a catalog (with pictures) that has a complete list?

Have a look at Mirof's site, https://www.mirofsoft.com/ I don't if he has a catalog with photos, but it's worth it to see whether he's got any catalog info posted for Steadfast.

Prost!
Brad

A great link you've provided. Under "toy soldiers" there are a number of catalogs and lists presented alphabetically (e.g. Starlux and Swoppets), but not Steadfast...yet.

Thanks for your help.

(BTW: I like your signature.)

Hi steadfast as a company went through many ownership changes from Andrew Rose of Bastion Toy Soldiers to Borbor Enterprises which probably put out the entire catalog in the most recognizable boxes. They are now owned and still produced by RpWorld Models owned by Bob Prati in the U.K., they have a website which will identify the sets.

Tom

Martyn,
Oh Boy Oh Goodie!
We should not both have duplicates of each others shtuff!! I'll have to show mine too!
Mike

Too bad, this is the only posting of this thread where I can see any of the attached images.
Since the server has changed I keep haveing problems like this ....
{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
rgds
Wolfgang

I've been to the Rpworldmodels site and while they do have pictures and the number of the set photographed, alas they do not have them all. The sets I'm referring to were purchased in the 1980's. Perhaps some of them are out of production? :rolleyes2:

I've been to the Rpworldmodels site and while they do have pictures and the number of the set photographed, alas they do not have them all. The sets I'm referring to were purchased in the 1980's. Perhaps some of them are out of production? :rolleyes2:

Bob has all of the moulds, they can all be made to special order. Steadfast sets have never truly gone out of production and Bob actually made the sets that were sculpted but never released. Which sets in particular are you looking for?

The only difference between the sets you purchased and today are the date, boxes and who actually cast them. Steadfast was a well kept brand. If you bought in the 80s, you probably have the Borbour Enterprises version and they were very good about having the whole line up and running. They redefined the brand and took it to the next level, most famous for the artillery sets that covered most if not all you could ever think of! They also were the casting/commission agents for a company STE Ltd who released some Victorian sets - Bob actually has them on the website including the Hearse, Fire Wagon, etc.

Feel free to post some images of any you are having trouble with and I can id them for you.

As to value - they are mostly common and probably figure $10/figure unless you have some of the later sets in pristine condition from the Borbour era, some do better than others at auction, but that is mainly b/c people are trying to buy them from that era or they don't know RP World Models exist!
Tom

I found a 1993 Steadfast catalog which was put out by Greg Hahn's Stone Castle Imports. I have scanned the first five pages which has sets SF1 through SF29. The last set is SF53; however, I have a separate list, without photos of the sets, that goes through SF95. Do you want to see them?

Mike

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 249
  • img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 229
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 227
  • img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 265
  • img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 233
A great link you've provided. Under "toy soldiers" there are a number of catalogs and lists presented alphabetically (e.g. Starlux and Swoppets), but not Steadfast...yet.

Thanks for your help.

(BTW: I like your signature.)

I have only "old" catalogues, companies that does not produce anymore
Steadfast is still available at different adresses like Tradition of London : http://www.traditionoflondonshop.com/en/Steadfast_Soldiers
If you have such catalogues paper or digital form, I would gladly put them on line, you can reach me directly by email via my webbpage Mirofsoft.com

Some of my Steadfast sets.....I love the artillery pieces ( all Victorian period ) but less the soldiers that lack a bit on the sculpting ( my personal taste ).......So I tend to when possible match them to either Little Legion/Stadden or WETS garriosons....
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Attachments

• IMG_1450 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1450 (Copy).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1453 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1453 (Copy).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_6470 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_6470 (Copy).JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 750.jpg
    750.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 760.jpg
    760.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 266
A few more Steadfast guns.....

Attachments

• 769.jpg
    769.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 773.jpg
    773.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 2104.jpg
    2104.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 780.jpg
    780.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 265
  • 2086.jpg
    2086.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 263
Some of my Steadfast sets.....I love the artillery pieces ( all Victorian period ) but less the soldiers that lack a bit on the sculpting ( my personal taste ).......So I tend to when possible match them to either Little Legion/Stadden or WETS garriosons....
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_8980.JPG
    IMG_8980.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 106.JPG
    106.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 263
Here is the 1993 Steadfast list, without photos, of sets SF1 through SF95.

Mike

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 250
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 316
  • img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 253
You can also go straight to the Steadfast Company website at : http://www.rpworldmodels.net/
Or visit tem at:
Welcome to RP World Models

"Great Quality, Lowest Prices"

Just give them a call 0115 9427462

or visit them: address is Chelsea House, Chelsea Street,

New Basford, Nottingham NG7 7HP
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

I have only "old" catalogues, companies that does not produce anymore
Steadfast is still available at different adresses like Tradition of London : http://www.traditionoflondonshop.com/en/Steadfast_Soldiers
If you have such catalogues paper or digital form, I would gladly put them on line, you can reach me directly by email via my webbpage Mirofsoft.com

Two more pages...

Attachments

• img009.jpg
    img009.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 273
  • img010.jpg
    img010.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 277
I should have known, Mike, if anyone had Steadfast catalogs, you would! Thanks for posting those.

I also bought from Stone Castle in the past, and I have some of their catalogs in my library. You remind me, I should go back and look at those, just to refresh my memory about their wares. I think they still sell Reeves figures as such, in their catalogs.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back