Sudan Square (1 Viewer)

chalklands

Sergeant First Class
Hi,
Well I bit the bullet (so to speak!) and ordered a full square from James and Adam (JJDUK) at the London show on Saturday. It arrived on Tuesday!.

Here are some initial pictures. My photography skills are rubbish, and there are loads of gaps (on both sides) in the display. but here are some pictures:

100_0963_zps03c00007.jpg

100_0966_zps14238452.jpg

100_0965_zps5f25d604.jpg

100_0964_zps1933408c.jpg

Pete

Last edited:
Maybe I did...have to see my dentist......

Here's an aerial shot. Reminds me a bit of the recent Four Feathers film:

100_0951_zps5fdb3e07.jpg

As I said, lots of gaps!!

Hi Pete,

Your set up looks great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark

Splendid pics Pete! Thanks for posting. Especially like the overhead shot. Those terrain boards are something special - set your troops off a treat.

A great mixture of brands there - they work really well together. I see you even have Pvt Jonesy in there!

The only one I don't recognise is the Kitchener? type figure ( standing, sun helmet under his arm. ) Very impressive!

Cheers, Roy.

Neat square, been awhile since someone has put one of these together. Takes a fair few troops to get the result, but you have succeeded here. The terrain boards really set it off to the max. First class. Robin.

Pete...that's a very nice display...your Sudan looks great on JJD's new terrain piece...

Splendid pics Pete! Thanks for posting. Especially like the overhead shot. Those terrain boards are something special - set your troops off a treat.

A great mixture of brands there - they work really well together. I see you even have Pvt Jonesy in there!

The only one I don't recognise is the Kitchener? type figure ( standing, sun helmet under his arm. ) Very impressive!

Cheers, Roy.

Roy,
Kitchener figure is a current K&C Club Figure. Certainly keeping calm amidst all those nasty natives.
Have said it before but the Sudan bases are very useful and makes a huge impact with Sudan or other
figures.
Brett

Hi,
Thanks for ALL your kind comments and 'Likes' for my display.
I've been collecting figures from this range for the last two years or so, and its one of my favourites. The diorama bases do set it off VERY nicely. Hopefully I'll fill some of the gaps in the display during the coming year. I don't often buy duplicates of figures (In fact I think there are only three or four duplicate sets on the whole display), however, I think in order to have more 'attackers', I will have to get some more duplicates. The JJD Beja and Mahdists are superb.
I think the Britains figures mix in well, however I wish the bases on the figures matched JJD better. I'm personally not a fan of the two colour Britains bases.

The JJD diorama base? Although it is textured, there are plenty of places to position figures. I was a bit worried that it might be too textured, making it difficult to place figures, but it certainly isn't.

Anyhow, thanks again....

Pete

An excellent mix of figures. Very nice diorama I seem to be partial to the British square with any period.

Wow, very nicely done Pete ..... that's a boat load of JJenkins figures to scoop up all at one time and those display bases look great.

{bravo}}

B.

Wow, very nicely done Pete ..... that's a boat load of JJenkins figures to scoop up all at one time and those display bases look great.

{bravo}}

B.
Thanks Buster!
I have to say that I didn't scoop them all up at once...They are the result of over two years of collecting; bit by bit, set by set (the best way methinks), ...and the collection is still far from complete!!

Pete

Thanks Buster!
I have to say that I didn't scoop them all up at once...They are the result of over two years of collecting; bit by bit, set by set (the best way methinks), ...and the collection is still far from complete!!

Pete

Oops, my mistake Pete ..... that's what I get for just looking at the pics and not reading through the thread. A great collection (bit by bit :wink2:) and very nicely displayed. Looking forward to seeing more of it in the future. :salute::

B.

Looks amazing. The photography and set up is stonking.

I've come to this hobby from wargaming and this is the kind of thing I'm aiming towards. Lots of figures :salute::

Thanks for sharing

Adam

Fantastic! Glad to see the bases didn't live in their boxes very long!
I searched for Burnaby and found him in the end, right in the front lines where he should be!!! :D
right need another look for Jonesy...

Love the Aerial shot, I didn't know you had access to a helicopter!?

Hi.
Its a few months since I posted anything re the square, so I thought I'd upload some more.
I've added a few more figures, including a number of Fuzzy Wuzzies. I'm not a fan of the Britains bases, so I've doctored some to better match the JJD bases (clumping cat litter and paint. John emailed the paint colours he uses, so that was great!)

Hope you enjoy them. Apologies for my poor photography skills!

Pete

100_1031_zpse29f56ea.jpg
100_1037_zpse3dc5a36.jpg
100_1041_zps44336565.jpg
100_1039_zps5ffada3b.jpg
100_1033_zps9383406e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back