Sudan War Sternwheel Gunboat..HELP! (2 Viewers)

Last one is something you will rarely ever see. A #927 Standard Gauge Flag

Plot with Original Box.:D

Attachments

• aug16 010.jpg
    aug16 010.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 104
Okay......back to the terrific Gunboat construction!

Here are the components so far. I need to build a superstucture and the wheels. The boxes fot the wheels have been cut down.

The regatta idea is kind of cool:cool:

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, KV, but did you build the hull from scratch, or is that an item you were able to find? And was it intact at the beginning, and you cut it in half to stretch it or to build in the area to attach the paddlewheels, or do the wheels represent a section of hull that is now gone, but so, the boat we see in the picture is roughly the original length?

Are you going to expose the paddlewheels at all, or will the be concealed (implied) by the boxes?

Prost!
Brad

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, KV, but did you build the hull from scratch, or is that an item you were able to find? And was it intact at the beginning, and you cut it in half to stretch it or to build in the area to attach the paddlewheels, or do the wheels represent a section of hull that is now gone, but so, the boat we see in the picture is roughly the original length?

Are you going to expose the paddlewheels at all, or will the be concealed (implied) by the boxes?

Prost!
Brad

The hull came from some trawlers on sale at Ross! It was cut to stretch it out so that is an approximate length. Paddlewheels will be exposed at the waterline.

R.E. Lee

USS Fort Donnelson aka R.E. Lee

So as not to divert attention away from Maddicus' Stern wheeler I will post my efforts on the Banshee / R.E. Lee.

So as not to divert attention away from Maddicus' Stern wheeler I will post my efforts on the Banshee / R.E. Lee.

Did some more work today on the gunboat...Michael

Attachments

• 000_1818.JPG
    000_1818.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 000_1817.JPG
    000_1817.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 74
I usually mock up additions to my projects for the possible finished look...Shown are fake canopy, unpainted wheelroom and fake smokestack..Michael

Attachments

• 000_1820.JPG
    000_1820.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 000_1819.JPG
    000_1819.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 64
WOW you certainly don't hang about do you? Your gunboat boat looks excellent Michael, great job. Can't wait to see it finished.

Scott

Ship is finished except for flag ,flag staff, some more life preservers, chain and posts, as well as lifeboats ( anyone have a source or idea for them ? )All 2 decks are removable, except for the block building attached to the sternwheel. I will now start the ACW gunboat decks that will fit on the hull, giving me a interchangeable display piece..Ship is 26" long by 51/4" wide.....Michael

Attachments

• 000_1821.JPG
    000_1821.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 000_1822.JPG
    000_1822.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 000_1823.JPG
    000_1823.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 85
Ship is 26" long by 51/4" wide.....Michael
Now you tell me ? I'll be in drydock for a while longer:)

PS=How about a Sea Sparrow launcher in the aft for vampire defence;)Mike

Michael:

Great job! It looks as good as anything I've seen on Ebay!

Ship is 26" long by 51/4" wide.....Michael
Now you tell me ? I'll be in drydock for a while longer:)

PS=How about a Sea Sparrow launcher in the aft for vampire defence;)Mike

Uh missles do not work. stakes and crosses............... Oops was i supposed to say that?:eek::eek:

Nicely done, she really looks great!

As for lifeboats, my first thought is Michael's, but you've already been there.

You could try scratching it, with coffee stirrers or basswood strips as the planking for the hull. I'm picturing building it like the real thing, start with a keel, add the ribs, then the hull planks. It's really for show, anyway, right?

Again, well done, prost!
Brad

Ship is finished except for flag ,flag staff, some more life preservers, chain and posts, as well as lifeboats ( anyone have a source or idea for them ? )All 2 decks are removable, except for the block building attached to the sternwheel. I will now start the ACW gunboat decks that will fit on the hull, giving me a interchangeable display piece..Ship is 26" long by 51/4" wide.....Michael

Michael,

Very nice to say the least :)........I think we should change the thread title as you don't need any help with projects like this one and the HMS Treefrog.

Have you sourced a crew yet?

Jeff

Michael,

Very nice to say the least :)........I think we should change the thread title as you don't need any help with projects like this one and the HMS Treefrog.

Have you sourced a crew yet?

Jeff

Dorset offers naval figures in ACW as well as Sudan..I have some as well as British Bulldogs and Steadfast...Always looking for more.Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back