Sudan War Sternwheel Gunboat..HELP! (1 Viewer)

It's beautiful Michael.You have a great talent to visualize things before you adapt them to your needs.
Mark:):):)

Thanks for all the compliments..My talent comes from my parents wallet not being able to support my love of history and toy soldiers. I could never get my plastic figures to look like the toys of my dreams, and so I made my own soldiers out of construction paper and white glue, with a toorhpick or 2 thrown in for support. The old shirt cardboard and corrugated boxes became pirate ships, destroyers, Starship Enterprise, Seaview sub, forts, castles...you get the idea. If I wanted Romans, 7th Cavalry, WW2 soldiers, I made them...My mom still has a few paper figures with swivel arms, faded and falling apart..I will take pictures of the few I still have left...When I go to craft stores, every shape or oddity offered, becomes parts for my next project...Still have visios of building a 54mm Monitor...PVC 4" or 6" round joint makes for a perfect turret. Mount that to a shaped plywood hull and voila...My worst enemy are my clumsy attempts with cheap tools..Want to look for a legit woodworking table saw..Always wanted to be a wooden War Toy maker..to scare the bejeezas out of the peacenick generation...Michael

Since the upper Sudan War decks are removable, this is the start of the ACW Gunboat deck that would mount on the existing hull...Michael

Attachments

• 000_1825.JPG
    000_1825.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 82
  • 000_1824.JPG
    000_1824.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 84
Very nice once again. The carpet makes a nice river, but I see you have a few men overboard :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back