Texas Toy Soldier Show 2022 (Pictures) (3 Viewers)

desk11desk12

1st Lieutenant
First, a grateful thanks to the show’s organizer Martin Vasquez and sponsor William Britains.

Ken & Ericka Osen and Doug Darth were perfect hosts, and it was great to meet up with them again.

They were generous and warm with their time to all the collectors that stopped by. I spent a small fortune and was happy I did.

The Show was small, but the offerings were eclectic, varied and interesting.

Thank you, Martin, for that!

Britains has made a commitment to this show and will be back in San Antonio, TX next year, Thank you!

Carlos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMO, The quality of Britains miniatures has "kicked-up" significantly and their product pictures don't do them any justice.

I'm a big WWII guy and check out the details on them below and figures from other eras.

The price point and quality are hard to beat.

You be the judge, however before final decision buy one and then compare. You see what I mean?

Carlos

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

Doug Darth, an ole friend from Old Northwest and it turns out he's an artist and a dang good one to boot too!

I know, I bought the "Saving Private Ryan" painting below.

Carlos

Darth1.jpg

Darth2.jpg

Darth3.jpg

Darth4.jpg

Michael Miller...Yeah that guy, the one that builds all of those buildings for your dioramas.

Okay, "he's the real deal".... All of his recent frontier and western themed building are built well, realistic looking, painted and weather perfectly.

Carlos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I have no idea how the seller was of these...However, I wished it was in 1/30th scale. It looked to be an 1/35 or a small 1/32 scale.

Both Vietnam War dioramas looked authentic to me or at least right out of "Apocalypse Now".

Look for the tracer fire from the helicopter, boats and other machine guns.

Carlos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back