Texas Toy Soldier Show 2022 (Pictures) (1 Viewer)

Carlos,

Thanks for the photos. It looks like a great show. Any idea who the three officers in blue are - Jackson, Brown, and Scott?

Thanks,

Brendan

attachment.php

Carlos,

Thanks for the photos. It looks like a great show. Any idea who the three officers in blue are - Jackson, Brown, and Scott?

Thanks,

Brendan

attachment.php

Don't know if it's Brown among them, but it is Jackson and Scott.

Carlos

Thank you Carlos for the coverage and photos of the show! Some excellent displays there!! I'd known there were the older Conte diorama pieces were available I'd driven there!!! Any idea who was selling the Older WWII Conte diorama pieces??

Nice job on the pics ! As you mentioned a smaller show, hopefully it will grow next year.

Wayne

Thanks Carlo! Appreciate your hard work. I forgot about those Conte sets. That Vietnam diorama looks great.

Thank you so much for the pictures, Carlos! It's great to see some previews of upcoming W. Britain releases.

Carlos...

thanks for the coverage...
you take the best pics always...you are gifted with that camera in your hands...a regular DeMille...Hitchcock...Scorsese...Spielberg all wrapped in one...

and yes...as Wayne said...the show was slower this year...both on vendors and guests...after 2 years of Covid...we all expected it would be...

Martin Vasquez...and Ken & Erika Osen worked it hard...put in a monumental effort...and I'm confident it will be restored to what it was before this plague hit us...

Ken is so knowledgeable about this hobby and eager to share with anyone...
it was really nice to see old friends and new products up close...
looking forward to next years show...I'm confident it will grow in the next few years...

Carlos, thank you for your photo report of the show! :salute::

Jeff

Yes carlos thanks voor the foto's
Richard :salute::

Hi Carlos,

I was at the show this past weekend and I'm sorry that we missed each other. It would have been great to meet you. Your pics of the show look so professional as they are very clear and they capture the essence of the show in every respect.

I made my first ever trip to Texas specifically to attend the show and felt that it was well worth it!! Martin did an excellent job in organizing the show in concert with Ken & Ericka from W Britians. I sincerely hope that this show will get growing again. The Menger Hotel seems the perfect location since it is surrounded by so much rich history (I didn't know that Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders at the hotel). The dinner symposium that WB sponsored was the highlight of things for me. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all the speakers and of course getting all the free WB items that were given out!!!

If you don't mind, here are some misc pics I took that I hope will compliment your photos and complete the picture for those who didn't attend.

texas show 5-2022 (67)-1020x573.JPG

texas show 5-2022 (88)-1020x573.JPG

texas show 5-2022 (79)-1020x573.JPG

texas show 5-2022 (96)-1020x573.JPG

texas show 5-2022 (93)-1020x573.JPG

Mark...
it was good to get together with you again...
thoroughly enjoyed our chats!!

Carlos...

and yes...as Wayne said...the show was slower this year...both on vendors and guests...after 2 years of Covid...we all expected it would be...

and I'm confident it will be restored to what it was before this plague hit us...
it was really nice to see old friends and new products up close...
looking forward to next years show...I'm confident it will grow in the next few years...

This seems to be a trend for the shows the past year or so, specifically the past 6 months.

At this stage, the shows are what they are; as long as the attendees have fun, find some nice items for their collections and the dealers do ok, then it's all good.

Also, as Mike pointed out, "It was really nice to see old friends"..........................that's THE one thing I missed being away from the shows for 2.5 years, seeing old friends, I had a lot of fun at Gettysburg seeing my good friend Tom Dubel and spending quality time together in person, having dinner the night before and then dinner again at MFCA Friday night, it was nice to see other dealers and friends as well at both shows.

You really can't put a price on human contact and interaction, humans are social animals and need that face to face interaction.

The shows hopefully will survive and continue on.

I like the idea of the Friday night get together at San Antonio, other shows should follow that lead and do similar things, specifically if they are multi day events vs one day events.

Carlos,

Thanks,

Brendan

attachment.php

Brendan,

Ken told me that the 3rd officer is William Henry Harrison at the battle of Tippecanoe.

Mark

Mark...
it was good to get together with you again...
thoroughly enjoyed our chats!!

Thanks Mike.....it was great chatting with you as well. As George said in the above post......we cannot put a value on the human interaction aspect. Seeing and meeting new people and putting names to some of the faces here on the forum is the one thing I cherished the most at this event.

Wayne (Running Buddy) and Jonathan (Brother Jonathan) were 2 other forum members I met and enjoyed spending some time with. These shows are great hobby-wise, especially when you can find things that you can't online but the social factor transcends all else.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back