Texas Toy Soldier Show 2022 (Pictures) (2 Viewers)

First, a grateful thanks to the show’s organizer Martin Vasquez and sponsor William Britains.

Ken & Ericka Osen and Doug Darth were perfect hosts, and it was great to meet up with them again.

They were generous and warm with their time to all the collectors that stopped by. I spent a small fortune and was happy I did.

The Show was small, but the offerings were eclectic, varied and interesting.

Thank you, Martin, for that!

Britains has made a commitment to this show and will be back in San Antonio, TX next year, Thank you!

Carlos

View attachment 288201

View attachment 288202

View attachment 288203

View attachment 288204

View attachment 288205
Did anyone get the name or contact info of this young man in the first two pictures? He had some great stuff and I bought a few things from him and enjoyed talking with him.

Contact the shows organizer (Martin Vasquez) at 210 757 3463...He owns "Davy Crockett Cabin" gift shop (Menger Hotel) where the show was.

Good hunting.

Carlos

George mate,

Great post cobber, but everybody who has met you knows that you are a "Legend". You may not think so, but that is what I tell all my old collectors in the Land Of OZ. I advise them in their lifetime they should at least once visit a Chicago TS Show and see Andy's room and then catch up at the Bar with "the Legend", "the Warrior", "the Minuteman" and especially the guy who could play a front rower for the Australian Rugby Team.

Stay safe and well, my good friend. Cheers Howard

Thanks for the kind words Howard, I appreciate it..................front rower; does it pay as well as being a toy soldier salesman?...........;)..........

I recall when we first met, it was at the New Jersey Cabin Fever Show, held on the same weekend as the shindig Louis used to host, you scored a couple of older retired K & C sets from either Dutkins or Stockade Miniatures, loved your enthusiasm, also enjoyed seeing you at Chicago, you made a fun experience even more so.

Wishing you the best, stay healthy and keep on collecting..................

Did anyone get the name or contact info of this young man in the first two pictures? He had some great stuff and I bought a few things from him and enjoyed talking with him.

This is Jorge Gonzales, nice guy and always brings a plethora of great items. Here's his number 210-999-0658

I was busier than a one arm paper hanger at the shop on Saturday! Finally got a chance to go down to the show on Sunday.
It was so nice to catch up with everyone and to see the show back on! Everyone I talked with was just happy to be back in The Menger with old friends.
Congratulations to Martin for getting the show back on and I've no doubt he'll work to grow the show.

Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!

Best from Texas,

Amber Martinez-Garcia
K&C TX
amber@kingandcountrytexas.com

This is Jorge Gonzales, nice guy and always brings a plethora of great items. Here's his number 210-999-0658

I was busier than a one arm paper hanger at the shop on Saturday! Finally got a chance to go down to the show on Sunday.
It was so nice to catch up with everyone and to see the show back on! Everyone I talked with was just happy to be back in The Menger with old friends.
Congratulations to Martin for getting the show back on and I've no doubt he'll work to grow the show.

Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!

Best from Texas,

Amber Martinez-Garcia
K&C TX
amber@kingandcountrytexas.com
Thanks for the contact info. He is a really nice guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back