TGM Newsletter November (1 Viewer)

Since you tend to do things that are a little different, how about some Austrian-Hungarian soldiers for WW I. No one does those in matte.

Since you tend to do things that are a little different, how about some Austrian-Hungarian soldiers for WW I. No one does those in matte.

Its been considered is all I can say at the moment, there is probably more chance of a personality figure first before anything else.
Best Wishes Vicki

Fantastic new sets, very nice indeed and covers a great niche we were very poor in offerings......the only thing I would like to point out is that the facial expression of the Japanese soldier is too European{eek3}....I could be wrong but if you have a close inspection to his face it is not at all Oriental....^&grin..Uniform and equipment look perfect to the dot,,but more care on facial expressions is key specialy when you are dealing with non European figures{sm3}
Cheers

Artillery_Crazy

rs02.jpg

rs007side.jpg

Aussieradioleftside.jpg

Aussieradioman.jpg

DSC_8042.jpg

ACCPACK005.jpg

Its been considered is all I can say at the moment, there is probably more chance of a personality figure first before anything else.
Best Wishes Vicki

Thanks Vicki. Any thought given to an Assasination set. Know it would be expensive. Might work as a limited, very limited edition. You could sign me up
for it!

Brad

Best Wishes Vicki
Perhaps this is the opening for TGM to do the Archduke and the whole assassination scene with the car and the others. :wink2: -- Al

Again, very nice items. Just placed the order for the WW2 German guard house :)

Now I'm waiting for the next Berlin 38 figures. Anything new there to be expected soon, Vicky?

Cheers,
Oliver

Placed my order for the 60th regiment but really nice figures in all the ranges.
Mark

Hello, Viki/Thomas Gun! Are you going to still make the AUSTRALIANS WW2 N.Africa, Infantry Figures. for this Year? Also,I mentioned a MORTAR Team------VICKER'S MG Team---- 6-POUNDER Gun Tem ALL AUSSIE'S Only! THANYOU! CIAO! ^&grin:wink2:^&cool

Again, very nice items. Just placed the order for the WW2 German guard house :)

Now I'm waiting for the next Berlin 38 figures. Anything new there to be expected soon, Vicky?

Cheers,
Oliver

Nothing new planned this year but maybe next year who knows?!

Hello, Viki/Thomas Gun! Are you going to still make the AUSTRALIANS WW2 N.Africa, Infantry Figures. for this Year? Also,I mentioned a MORTAR Team------VICKER'S MG Team---- 6-POUNDER Gun Tem ALL AUSSIE'S Only! THANYOU! CIAO! ^&grin:wink2:^&cool

Hi Johnny!
Early next year there will be a very limited run of Desert Aussies so not long!
Best wishes Vicki

I started the WW2 Aussies yesterday and was pretty impressed by them. I will certainly be adding the other figures as they are released. Well done TG!

Fantastic new sets, very nice indeed and covers a great niche we were very poor in offerings......the only thing I would like to point out is that the facial expression of the Japanese soldier is too European{eek3}....I could be wrong but if you have a close inspection to his face it is not at all Oriental....^&grin..Uniform and equipment look perfect to the dot,,but more care on facial expressions is key specialy when you are dealing with non European figures{sm3}
Cheers

I couldn't agree more with this comment though I too am reluctant to nitpick an excellent release and I'm certainly no anthropologist.
By facial expression I suspect you actually mean facial features (I'm not sure the Japanese have their own unique facial expressions except perhaps when they swallow too much wasabi!).
To me it goes beyond just the features.....the shape of the skull and consequently the face as well is all very....aah....Caucasian.
Let me put it this way, I don't think simply dying my hair black and wearing spectacles makes me look particularly Japanese.
Again, I suspect that most collectors probably don't care much.
And it's not just TG, whenever I show Japanese friends my Russian-made samurai, they always marvel at the figure but inevitably say that the face doesn't look Japanese....they're a tough audience :)

Tom, When can we order the new releases. I Can't find a few I want to order on your web site. Thanks Ron

Another terrific wave of releases from TGM this month. The WW1 Brits look splendid and very effective grouped together and so pleased to see more WW1 French infantry as I just love this range. ^&cool

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back