TGM SS Collection (1 Viewer)

Thought I would add my picture to the thread, with T Gunn 3 Panzer IVs, an Hetzer, Brumbar, Halftrack, few other TG figures as well, on my JG bases.

They are normally spilt, bases on my BotB K & C American sets, Halftrack and Hetzer as well used in my German BotB dio and the Winter PIVs are used with my Warpark winter Germans. It is great to put them together and just shows how universal the TG releases are.

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_130325_resized_20221103_070724391mmm.jpg
    IMG_20221030_130325_resized_20221103_070724391mmm.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 271
Thought I would add my picture to the thread, with T Gunn 3 Panzer IVs, an Hetzer, Brumbar, Halftrack, few other TG figures as well, on my JG bases.

They are normally spilt, bases on my BotB K & C American sets, Halftrack and Hetzer as well used in my German BotB dio and the Winter PIVs are used with my Warpark winter Germans. It is great to put them together and just shows how universal the TG releases are.

Nice setup! I really like the look of those JG Miniatures bases you have your tanks displayed on.

I think the Krupp looks good hauling the Pak 36:

attachment.php

The Krupp does look good towing the Pak 36. Nice set up too in creating this scene.

I think the Krupp looks good hauling the Pak 36:

attachment.php

WesternOutlaw, did you have trouble keeping the Pak-36 on the Krupp truck’s trailer hitch? The peg/hitch on mine is just a tad short to fit through both towing eyes on the gun’s trails and the slightest movement causes it to come loose.

WesternOutlaw, did you have trouble keeping the Pak-36 on the Krupp truck’s trailer hitch? The peg/hitch on mine is just a tad short to fit through both towing eyes on the gun’s trails and the slightest movement causes it to come loose.
Same here. Only one peg fits over the hitch. The other just rests atop. Since the wheels of the Pak do not move anyway, I just set the other leg on top.
No swooshing or whooshing with the Pak in tow. ^&grin

The Krupp does look good towing the Pak 36. Nice set up too in creating this scene.
Thanks GH. It is a nice little vehicle.

Hi Guys,

I just received mine also...The version I selected is the one with the three soldiers plus the crates...as the PAK I already had so could shave a bit of collecting budget there....$$$ woow how things are getting expensive...Will have to really limit my purchases to annual opportunities...{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
What I can tell about this version of mine is that the three chaps plus all the crates exceed the cargo capacity of the little Krupp.....Was able to squeeze two of the soldiers and most of the cargo....But still comes out a great new add on to the collection....And the wheels are all functional...not that I will be rolling it on the diorama display.....{sm4}{sm4}
Cheers
A_C

Same here. Only one peg fits over the hitch. The other just rests atop. Since the wheels of the Pak do not move anyway, I just set the other leg on top.
No swooshing or whooshing with the Pak in tow. ^&grin

Thanks GH. It is a nice little vehicle.

I just received mine also...The version I selected is the one with the three soldiers plus the crates...
And the wheels are all functional...not that I will be rolling it on the diorama display...
A_C
Hey A_C. Glad you joined the Krupp Club. I opted for just placing the three figures in mine; cargo is nearby. Suppose one can create a troop transport or a cargo truck with the Krupp.
As far as rolling it on your diorama, why not? I call that "swooshing and whooshing" and is part of the fun. As long as you don't make noises as you do so. {sm4}
Share some pix of your dio.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi WesternOutlaw,
Will share them as soon as I free sometime and set a nice dio to honour them....and will be tempted to make the motor and brake noises..but then the Mrs will lock me away ......{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}
What I have noticed is that the TGM are slightly smaller than the JJD and K&C and a bit bigger than the WarPark...so I will need to do a lot of picture tricks to avoid these differences or just give that up and let the different scales go along each other without being conserned with perspective...Wish they could all agree on a same scale....
Cheers
A-C

Hey A_C. Glad you joined the Krupp Club. I opted for just placing the three figures in mine; cargo is nearby. Suppose one can create a troop transport or a cargo truck with the Krupp.
As far as rolling it on your diorama, why not? I call that "swooshing and whooshing" and is part of the fun. As long as you don't make noises as you do so. {sm4}
Share some pix of your dio.

attachment.php

What I have noticed is that the TGM are slightly smaller than the JJD and K&C and a bit bigger than the WarPark...so I will need to do a lot of picture tricks to avoid these differences or just give that up and let the different scales go along each other without being conserned with perspective.
Interesting; always curious how the different brands compare. I don't generally combine figures but I will mix figures and vehicles.
Just try not to make too much noise. {sm4}

Interesting; always curious how the different brands compare. I don't generally combine figures but I will mix figures and vehicles.
Just try not to make too much noise. {sm4}

Along these lines, I’ve found the TGM SS figures to be larger than the figures from War Park, First Legion, Britains, and JJD, but smaller than K&C and TCS. I’d almost put the TGM figures at 1/29 scale. This allows them to work reasonably well with 1/30 scale vehicles (like most of the TGM vehicles actually seem to be) as well as the larger 1/28 scale vehicles from K&C and TCS.

One can kind of see what I mean in the photos below. The first are K&C German troops with the TGM Winter Hetzer (which is 1/30 scale) and the second are the new TGM winter Germans with the same Hetzer. The K&C figures seem a noticeably larger next to the Hetzer than the TGM figures do…

TGM Hetzer with K&C Figures:
B677-EE6-C-3334-41-AC-9589-E2-EA18891876.jpg

TGM Hetzer with TGM Figures:
242-B27-EF-5621-45-A2-A979-813-BF932289-E.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to double post, however, here’s perhaps a better photo that I took a couple years ago, likely for a similar discussion on figure scale. The photo shows German SS figures in similar poses from TGM (left), First Legion (center), and War Park (right). It’s clear the proportions of the TGM figure are the largest in the group, but overall, they are all very similar in size without any being significantly larger/smaller than the other.

0-D188-C12-AA5-B-49-F8-B4-DC-A16610-A25082.jpg

TG's new Panzerfaust Grenadier w/Stg.44 (SS132B), impressive detailing:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Although I'm partial to the helmet variant, had to pick up the soft cap version w/rifle as well (SS132A):

attachment.php

Both excellent additions to the SS theme.

Winter coming soon...

Thanks Rob for sharing this part of your collection. Love the facial detail TGM goes to in their miniature figurines.

Last edited:
Yes they offset the tank perfectly Rob, coupled with the well chosen terrain and backdrop. Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back