Thanks Ken (2 Viewers)

IMG_0756a_640x480.jpg

IMG_0762a_640x480.jpg

Harry, that is some collection you have now............:cool:

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

And thanks for that. Still unpacking boxes - its 01:15AM with me right now. So there's several sets I still have to get photographed and posted.
This was a mega-order for EoI figures and another company's products as well. But even shipping Lucy down to Hong Kong from Dalian to help get it all home didn't work. We still couldn't hand-carry everything in our luggage, which was why we had to get half of the loot from our recent visit to HK couriered to the house.
It arrived this afternoon, which was excellent service considering it wasn't collected by the Chinese courier company until mid-afternoon yesterday, and it had to travel all the way from South China to North China.
So, now I know how I'm going to handle TS orders in future.
Going to save a fortune by not going through HK or Beijing so often.

Cheers
Harry

Well, I’ve mentioned on the “Missus Heid Joins Treefrog” thread in the Diorama and Display Section that my wee Lotus Blossom stamped her foot this morning and demanded I clear all the new East of India figures out of the living room so’s she could have a display of her Chinese stuff on the cabinet I was using. In actual fact, this suited me cos the Samurai display was too “crowded” in the living room anyway. Unfortunately the new display is in the reception room which receives practically no natural light at all. So these photos aren’t all that good, but they do give an idea of how awesome the new display is – and it’s a lot better than her feeble Chinese effort IMO.
I might stir myself to go out on a mission to buy some spotlights tomorrow – see if flooding the display with light improves matters.

Cheers
H

IMG_0826_640x480.jpg

IMG_0828_640x480.jpg

IMG_0832_640x480.jpg

IMG_0837_640x480.jpg

IMG_0838_640x480.jpg

IMG_0840_640x480.jpg

IMG_0841_640x480.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

that is some collection H...look forward to more pictures:cool::cool:

Thanks for that Scarlet Shuggie. I must admit, even I'm rather impressed with it. I'll be revamping the other display cabinet sometime today and get the rest of my East of India stuff into it.
BTW, have you visited the Argyle & Sutherland Highlanders Museum yet?
You're real handy for fantastic places, like Aberfoyle & Callandar & Glasgow & Edinborugh, and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, and The West Coast, and....forget Aberdeen and the North East - its perpetually grim and miserable. Got some pretty interesting battlefield sites though.
Enjoy the sunshine while you can. If you get more than three sunny days on the trot, then I'll admit that there's something in all this Global Warming media frenzy scare right enough.

Cheers (literally)
Harry

Thanks for that Scarlet Shuggie. I must admit, even I'm rather impressed with it. I'll be revamping the other display cabinet sometime today and get the rest of my East of India stuff into it.
BTW, have you visited the Argyle & Sutherland Highlanders Museum yet?
You're real handy for fantastic places, like Aberfoyle & Callandar & Glasgow & Edinborugh, and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, and The West Coast, and....forget Aberdeen and the North East - its perpetually grim and miserable. Got some pretty interesting battlefield sites though.
Enjoy the sunshine while you can. If you get more than three sunny days on the trot, then I'll admit that there's something in all this Global Warming media frenzy scare right enough.

Cheers (literally)
Harry

3 days ..its been three weeks with hardly any rain...think I'm still in melbourne:) Been to the cities ,haven't got to the museum yet, came across a cool TS shop in Glasgow called Treasure Bunker though. Looking out the window today ad its blue skies with a few clouds..definetly global warming:D:D

Well, in between translating for Missus H, processing her snaps, posting them for her, answering the phone, washing dishes, shopping, sorting out our trip to Beijing next week, listening to her girlfriends "chatting", dusting our display cabinets - cos she's banned from doing it - and all the other 1001 things I've been trying to get done over the past few days, (I love playing the Martyr), I've finally found time to do a few photos of MY new displays.
:):)

IMG_0935_640x480.jpg

IMG_0931_640x480.jpg

IMG_0930_640x480.jpg

IMG_0928_640x480.jpg

And okay, I know my photos are nowhere as good as her's.
:eek:
However, Missus H does have her good points. I know this photo's been shown elsewhere on this forum, but I'm looking forward to that silk embroidery picture of the dragon getting finished cos after it's framed, it'll be perfect to place behind the main display in the cabinet in the last photo above. It'll prevent the reflected glare, as well as making a brilliant backdrop for the display.
:):)

IMG_0924_640x480.jpg

Cheers
Harry

Just got back from the local supermarket - essential supplies for this overnight sleeper train adventure to Beijing tonight.
Anyway, here's some photo's I took last night and forgot to post until now. They're not all East of India, but I think these ones work okay together for Korea.

Cheers
Harry

IMG_1038_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1039_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1040_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1042_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1043_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1044_1024x1024.jpg

Here's some more. Missus H is muttering something about posting more of her photo's but I don't have time right now cos I've to meet up with someone at a local hotel before we head to the train station. I'll just have to post them for her once we get to Beijing.

Cheers
H

IMG_1045_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1045_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1047_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1048_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1049_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1050_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1050_1024x1024.jpg

These photos are mine, NOT my other half’s, as is probably obvious.
:(:(
I really fancy doubling up on these Samurai/Ashigaru Artillery sets. The cannons are just brilliant, while the Incendiary Device is just – Plain Scary.

IMG_1147_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1149_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1151_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1152_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_1153_1024x1024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back