The Canal (1 Viewer)

Praetorian

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the third K&C’s “Westcoaster” displays… THE CANAL.

A canal somewhere in Northern France or Belgium in 1914 or 1940… see photos of both versions.

At the show we’ll be displaying the 1914 version. German “Uhlans” and infantry try to force a crossing against determined British opposition in the shape of our new “KOSBie” Scottish Infantry.

Again Gordon worked on this for almost a month and scratch-built many of the major elements… the bridge is a commercially bought railway piece and customized by Gordon.

As you can see this also looks great as a “1940” Blitzkrieg scene. Hope you like it.

Happy Collecting!

Attachments

• Canal_1.jpg
    Canal_1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Canal_2.jpg
    Canal_2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Canal_3.jpg
    Canal_3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Canal_4.jpg
    Canal_4.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 307
AND another complete contrast to the previous scenes… Our upcoming new Hitler Staff Car doing a spot of sightseeing in not-so-gay Paris.

After the armistice in June 1940, Hitler and a few cronies paid a surprise early morning visit to take in the sights of the “City of Light”.

A little “T” junction… a Panzer IV… a motorcycle combo… a few photographers and… der Fuhrer himself make for a great little scene that tells one of the War’s more unusual stories.

Happy Collecting!

Attachments

• Paris_1.jpg
    Paris_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Paris_2.jpg
    Paris_2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 229
  • Paris_3.jpg
    Paris_3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 232
Sheeesh!
That's impressive. Thanks for posting Andrew. Reminds me of a scene in The Longest Day.
Gordon's work goes from strength to strength. :cool:

Hey!,

Just inspected that closer.
Are those some new German Infantry you've got displayed there?
Very cool looking.

Simon

Hey!,

Just inspected that closer.
Are those some new German Infantry you've got displayed there?
Very cool looking.

Simon

The canal is fantastic ,great setup,
Same question here is that new WII German troops:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I count about 10 new Jerries , whats with the blueish trousers , haven't noticed that uniform before, but they look good:cool:

I count about 10 new Jerries , whats with the blueish trousers , haven't noticed that uniform before, but they look good:cool:

OMG, they will clash with the new green "Hitler Mobile", what were they thinking at K & C, no fashion sense at all :eek:

Very wonderful - great Gordon ! :D

I saw those new germans as well - photographer and movie guy - looks great. I guess if the Allies have it - so should the Germans - right?

I wonder if that is WWI or WWII camera he has ? Better get my mag glass out and check it before buying :p

The only troops I can think of with blue trousers are the Fallschirmjaeger

BTW, that new Hitler staff car is not LAH, but a WS issue. You could probably make a nice scene of it with the Arch of Triompthe as background.

Stirringly impressive. That bridge diorama is just too impressive

BTW, that new Hitler staff car is not LAH, but a WS issue.

Ah now that sounds interesting,anymore little bits of info on forthcoming you wish to tell me about Brad?;):)

Rob

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the third K&C’s “Westcoaster” displays… THE CANAL.

A canal somewhere in Northern France or Belgium in 1914 or 1940… see photos of both versions.

At the show we’ll be displaying the 1914 version. German “Uhlans” and infantry try to force a crossing against determined British opposition in the shape of our new “KOSBie” Scottish Infantry.

Again Gordon worked on this for almost a month and scratch-built many of the major elements… the bridge is a commercially bought railway piece and customized by Gordon.

As you can see this also looks great as a “1940” Blitzkrieg scene. Hope you like it.

Happy Collecting!

That is amazing! What with all the other superb dioramas we have just seen I would like to know just how many months are there in a 'Gordon' year?

Regards

Jeff

Wonderful work, Gordon, absolutely lovely to see the WW1 figures in a proper diorama, it really brings them to life!

Re. the "new" Germans, very hard to tell from the picture, but does it seem that they're wearing camoflauge smocks / helmet covers?? Combined with the gas mask that at least one seems to be wearing on their chest, could that make them early war Waffen SS?

Cheers,

Molloy.

As impressed as I was with the wrecked train, the canal diorama is unbelievable . . . if I only had the money and the space!!

Ah now that sounds interesting,anymore little bits of info on forthcoming you wish to tell me about Brad?;):)

Rob

Rob,

That's all he told me. I didn't ask about the March dispatches as I wanted to be surprised. Other than those dios and what he might be thinking in Warbirds (and those were only musings, nothing concrete), he didn't tell me anything else.

Rob,

That's all he told me. I didn't ask about the March dispatches as I wanted to be surprised. Other than those dios and what he might be thinking in Warbirds (and those were only musings, nothing concrete), he didn't tell me anything else.

I admire your self restraint Brad,i'd have caved and asked him!;).I guess dispatches may be a few days late with Andy and co going to the show.

So what do you think of the new staff car Brad,does it appeal anymore than Heydrichs?.I wonder if the Hitler figure is removable.

Rob

As impressed as I was with the wrecked train, the canal diorama is unbelievable . . . if I only had the money and the space!!

Louis, who are you kidding.......you probably already have dibs on most of them for your museum expansion into your living areas...Why buy the kid a Fisher price mobile, when he can have warbirds suspended above the crib:DMichael

Louis, who are you kidding.......you probably already have dibs on most of them for your museum expansion into your living areas...Why buy the kid a Fisher price mobile, when he can have warbirds suspended above the crib:DMichael

I only wish Michael, but if I don't want to have to deal with a divorce lawyer trying to get half of my collection, its not happening!:eek::p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back