The "I got new K&C today" thread. (2 Viewers)

boot51 said:
Anyone have any comments on the French Farmhouse and Courtyard pieces, look good to me, but have not seen them or Berlin tenement or Reich Chancellery in person. Any input appreciated Fred

Fred, buy them. They are great. I don't have the Reich Chancellery but I have two of the Belin Tenements and the farm and courtyard. I display the two tenements as one building by placing them side-by-side, adding building rubble from Hudson and Allen and Build-a-Rama. A set of plumbing piping hanging in mid air, from Verlindin. A Verlindin bedroom set, with some customized damage. A really cool rug that I burned with a lighter to add burn marks. Some of the furniture from the FOV accessories sets and from some of the vehicles. I put about 16 K&C SS figures around, on, and in the building as if they were a patrol seeking a rest area.

I am setting up the farm set with my Napoleonic's. Still haven't begun that one yet, but will begin soon.

If I were still collecting WWII, the Chancellery would be mine. All I can say, is buy them. I did and I do not regret it. They are a cornerstone of my dioramas. I have an issue with fully dimensional buildings verse facades but for facades, they can not be surpassed. :) Michael

From what I understand is that no more of the Berlin buildings will be made so once they're gone, they're gone. However, I understand that some dealers have these in plentiful supply and they're not exactly big sellers.

Thanks for comments, Michael, it's good to hear from someone that owns them. Let me know when you get that farmhouse set up, I'm interested in finding out what the dimensions are. I love how they have it set up in K&C brochures with the house in back and courtyard in front of it. I need to know how big it is so the display.....err um bookcases my wife and I are having made will be deep enough.;)

Fred

I went into my local model shop today at lunchtime. They have a little K&C section.
There staring at me was the 1st issue French Char Bis. The one I don't have and that's sold out everywhere.

If I had any kind of sanity and willpower I'd have just turned around and walked away....

Tell the Mrs. tonight how you gave her a French tank for Valentine's day:D

Fred, buy them. They are great. I don't have the Reich Chancellery but I have two of the Belin Tenements and the farm and courtyard. I display the two tenements as one building by placing them side-by-side, adding building rubble from Hudson and Allen and Build-a-Rama. A set of plumbing piping hanging in mid air, from Verlindin. A Verlindin bedroom set, with some customized damage. A really cool rug that I burned with a lighter to add burn marks. Some of the furniture from the FOV accessories sets and from some of the vehicles. I put about 16 K&C SS figures around, on, and in the building as if they were a patrol seeking a rest area.

I am setting up the farm set with my Napoleonic's. Still haven't begun that one yet, but will begin soon.

If I were still collecting WWII, the Chancellery would be mine. All I can say, is buy them. I did and I do not regret it. They are a cornerstone of my dioramas. I have an issue with fully dimensional buildings verse facades but for facades, they can not be surpassed. Michael
Yesterday 06:20 PM

Michael

That sounds like a great diorama - any pics?

Kevin

PS how do you incorporate the previous message without just copying it like this?

Clink on the quote button on the posting you wish to quote and it will take you to the build a posting page (don't know the name of this thing, so I will just invent one). Michael

sceic2 said:
Clink on the quote button on the posting you wish to quote and it will take you to the build a posting page (don't know the name of this thing, so I will just invent one). Michael

Hey Michael, thanks.

Shall we call it the 'quote button' - or start a competiton to name it?

Kevin

You can also edit the quotes by just removing material in the quotes. Antother way is to use the icon (fourth from the right when making a post) that lets you wrap quotes around selected text.

Alexdakar said:
I have decided to give up toy soldiers. They're probably not worth anything anyway, so I'm just going to bury the collection in my back yard.

Wow! You CAN edit posts .....:eek:

Anyone want to take a shovel to Alex's house???

Give it 5 or 10 years and that would be an awesome buried treasure. :D

Eazy said:
I'm with you on the Parachute set. Although i like the idea of it, i can't imagine how i would display it myself.

Has anyone actually got theirs coming down from the ceiling?

I have the parachute set's and if you send me your email address I will send you the picutures of them hanging from my ceiling. I have been collecting K+C for over 5 years now and I believe I have every WWII set from 1999 to now. I have actually arranged my office so that all of the displays are in chronological order from "Berlin 1938" to "Iwo Jima"............I have issues.

I was trying to add the picture to this forum but I can't seem to do it...File's too big or something like that. You can email me at krustyvike@aol.com if you like or just do it through this forum.

This is from eballenger. You need to send the rest of your pictures to Shannon. You have an awesome collection.

chutes.jpg

Those paratroopers look fantastic. It's a very nice display.

Very nicely done, ebellenger. When I first the paratrooper set in the K&C brochure my first thought was " what would anyone do with those?", now I can see myself buying a set. Awesome display, thanks for sharing !:)

Fred

Thanks eballenger for sharing your picture. You make the parachute set even more tempting.

The figures themselves are very nice. Certainly worth adding to your

collection. I have mine displayed from the Conte Church.

Njja

Last edited:
That looks great, njja, like a scene from the "Longest Day"

Just recieved the new WS71 King Tiger, and the paint scheme is fantastic, looks even nicer than the WS67, but I do wish they changed the mold a little so there would be more of a difference between them. Also got a Jadgpanther, it's okay, but not as much fun as tanks with rotating turrets and that have more figures (just two with WS59).

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back