The King & Country Cattle Co. (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,
Earlier this week one of our ‘Master Painters’ finished assembling and painting the ‘CHUCK WAGON’ for K&C’s ‘CATTLE DRIVE’ series. This is a project we have been working on for quite some time and which began back in early 2022 when due to the pandemic, I was living and working in San Antonio, Texas.

During that time I was a frequent visitor to the ‘Briscoe Museum of Western Art’ in downtown San Antone. It’s a fantastic museum that focuses on Western and Texas history, particularly of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] Century. Also installed at the ‘Briscoe’ is the 70 square foot diorama of the Fall of The Alamo which Gordon and myself completed in 2013. Among the many other fine exhibits on display is a beautiful, full-size, original ‘Chuck Wagon’ from the 1880s which fascinated and inspired me to work on a 1:30 scale version for our own ‘CATTLE DRIVE’ series.

While at the Museum I took many photographs from virtually every angle of this original, sturdily – built vehicle and was even able to measure most of its vital dimensions.

Once back in Hong Kong I began to research more information on line about these amazing wagons and prepare detailed line drawings for our sculptor. As the pandemic was still ongoing and the lockdown still in force in China it took a lot longer to produce the finished ’master’ however, eventually a couple of months back we were able to receive our first unpainted ‘master casting’ and get to work.

Well here’s the fully-painted ‘master’ which will go back to the factory after the Chinese New Year holidays for ‘sample’ stage and then full production. Our intention is to produce a Special Edition of just 300 pieces of this version. Release date and price will be announced at a later date.

In the meantime, I hope you like this unique item and, as ever, best wishes and have a great weekend!

Andy

TF1.jpg

TF2.jpg

TF3.jpg

TF4.jpg

Andy mate,

The crown on the jewels of your Cattle Drive Range. Outstanding. However, will we see horses and a driver (ie. Mushy or Wishbone from the Rawhide series).

Cheers Howard

Awesome been waiting for one of these for years, looks amazing mate.

A third chuck wagon means even more traffic on the prairie!

Sam

Attachments

• Trail2.jpg
    Trail2.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 348
Looks brilliant Andy and should be a hit with anyone collecting this range. Yes, a very tempting collectors piece !

It is so great to see the chuck wagon that I have seen at the Briscoe become part of the K&C universe.

What a great centerpiece for a camp-out. You have Dad & I thinking, once again, about getting a cowboy camp scene piece de resistance. Thanks Andy for making a K&C version of this icon of the West.
Our only worry, like Sam, is the open prairie becoming downtown Chicago.
Pat & Paddy

Last edited:
Thats absolutely stunning. I am in my John Ford cavalry need to chow down between skirmishes. What a great thing

Very successful, it will be a success without a doubt!
All you have to do is create Tipis for the Native Americans.
the relationships I have with certain resellers hope for this soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back