The life of Jesus. (1 Viewer)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
Well guys what do you think about this series.With so many more battles to make and war stories to be told why has Andy made this series.I no its the greatest story ever told but a new line on this series I don't no.He said every line he makes is a gamble to see if it will sell well but I can't see myself rushing out to buy this series.What are your opinions on this and maybe Andy himself can give us some very good reason K&C has taken this road.I have to admit if it takes off there are hundreds of stories to be told here.Maybe a gamble like this will lead to a pot of gold for Andy or a golden ticket to heaven.Simmo.

Yeah not my bottle of beer mate,but you could use some of the figures with the AK series....:D,only time will tell.

Yeah not my bottle of beer mate,but you could use some of the figures with the AK series....:D,only time will tell.

Im thinking the same thing Wayne ill probably use some of the figures as civilian's in my afrika corps & 8th army dio's but apart from that I wont be going out to buy any to make a Life of Jesus dio.

Craig

well,if this is the reason there is still no new wild west figures because andy work on this than :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::D
But i must say i didnt see the photos of this yet,so it is unfair to judge,but it is not my kind of attraction and i doubt it will sale well.
Rather work on wild west:D!

Just to be a little irreverent ,here's hoping my Jesus figure would multiply the fishes and loaves in my collection. I could use more figures.......:DMichael

Just to be a little irreverent ,here's hoping my Jesus figure would multiply the fishes and loaves in my collection. I could use more figures.......:DMichael

Got that a bit confused my friend. Jesus will feed your troops with fish and loaves. If you want to increse your troop level you need to get the the new Kate Goslin set.

I can see the Nativity figures going over fine. But the rest maybe, :confused:
will be good sellers in a religious store more than a toy/hobby setting.

I can't believe Andy would be going in this direction without having an idea they would succeed. ;)

Chuck

I think it is a great idea, although I have no plans to collect the entire line, I certainly may buy a few that catch my eye. It is another example of Andy and Co.’s ingenuity and willingness to take a chance that will breath new life into the hobby.

I think it is a good idea, although I am not sure if I will collect it. It seemed to be popular at the OTSN, when I was in the King and Country room. Only time will tell if it will sell well.

Guys, it is the please the wife or girlfriend marketing strategy....Keep them happy by buying them a Jesus figure, while you are ordering $300 bucks worth of Andy's other stuff..Andy's version of Dept. 56. Look how many of us sneak our wife's nativity stuff in order to create desert dios...Michael

Yeah not my cup of tea either, but it does add a new flavour :rolleyes:

The camels are quite nice though :)

Would look good with the new desert village.....I'm sure Andy will come up with a few pic's ;)

As of now there is only one set which is usable "only" for the titel of the thread and that is Mary, Joseph and the child.
The animals, the shepherds can find multiple uses along with the Middle-East desert buildings in the "Crusades", "Afrika Korps", "Eight Army", "Australian Light Horse.
The three wise men along with the camels sure can find use in a display with the Crusaders, especially with the new tents released there.
So, this new line is not that far off to become a successful option for many future dioramas, I would think.
Konrad

I will have to pass on this range, just not for me but great looking pieces....

While this line may not attract interest from "traditional" toy soldier collectors - I believe the cross-over potential is huge.. People who have NO interest in toy soldliers will collect this... many wives of toy soldier collectors might be interested... I'm interested in the line myself... I don't think I'll be able to afford it - but I like it a lot.

Jim

Not allot said here by the die-hard collectors.That to me means that they want to keep well away from this series and let it run its course.Or maybe they don't want to say anything negative here and wait to see what happens.Simmo.

The Life of Jesus line is a fine idea I think, but I will most likely have to pass on this range, but we'll see how it unfolds. The line's development could take many unexpected twists and turns, and should be interesting to chart. But personally, I was hoping the next ancient line would have featured the Greeks, but I'm sure when the time is right, Andy will give the Greeks the K & C treatment in all its splendor, and I will be among the first in line! With that being said, I hope the Life of Jesus line is a big hit for Andy and Co. as others have said it has crossover potential and also could serve as a buying rationale/distractor like Michael said below:p!

Joe

Last edited:
"While this line may not attract interest from "traditional" toy soldier collectors - I believe the cross-over potential is huge.. People who have NO interest in toy soldliers will collect this... many wives of toy soldier collectors might be interested... I'm interested in the line myself... I don't think I'll be able to afford it - but I like it a lot."

My thoughts exactly. The figures are excellent. But with so many toy soldiers and or wargaming figures needed to fill my voids I will have to pass on these. I think they have excellent potential in the right religious and gift shops. They are certainly worth owning.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back